Led lights too intense?

Cheschire

My 300w led is at the top of my tent, can't move it any higher...set on 75%, they were doing great, set to 100%, and within a day, new growth is contorted, so I turned it back to 75%, my plants tops are abt 24" from the light. I'm assuming this is "too much led light"? - see pic

IMG_20210716_205943.jpg

IMG_20210716_205936.jpg

IMG_20210716_205947.jpg

Yes , I’d say so, they take on a fake rubber tree look and curl up. It’s easy to do with intense LED lights

What is your light output ? Or better yet what light are you using ?
im using the Election Sky V180 and it draws just that from the wall, 180 watts and I burned my plants with 36 inches distance between the plants and light . I had to raise mine as high as I could get it .
you definitely have LED light problems. I wouldn’t call them burned yet but a clear indicator is the way they are curling up.
You want your leaves fanned out and pointing towards the sky .
All stretched out :)

good luck I’m certain you’ll figure it out . With my light I have to be 36 inches away at all times

What is your light output ? Or better yet what light are you using ?
im using the Election Sky V180 and it draws just that from the wall, 180 watts and I burned my plants with 36 inches distance between the plants and light . I had to raise mine as high as I could get it .
you definitely have LED light problems. I wouldn’t call them burned yet but a clear indicator is the way they are curling up.
You want your leaves fanned out and pointing towards the sky .
All stretched out :)

good luck I’m certain you’ll figure it out . With my light I have to be 36 inches away at all times
Marshydro 300w, 150w per driver. I can't raise my light any higher

Whats the temps in there at 100% just above canopy and 75%. i Got a 480 watt closer i understand strains react
dif but i feel at 24" 300 watt should not really be giving them issues.Also the temps in side the tent.I know i am having real problems with the heat wave over here.

massive mag deficiency. Mag is needed to process light. all your stems are red and streaking. and because the lights are powerfull, more calmag is needed. those should be getting 250ppm per WEEK.

what medium you using, looks like dirt, and no, not being a jacka$$, just wondering is all.. ( never mind, just seen your other post of this same problem from july 8th) looks like cocoloco? Editv3: seen its Malibu compost soil mix. from your june post, ---- man, try to get some cocoloco or straight up foxfarm ocean forest. That compost soil might just to harsh for the plant. ive never even seen it before. just tryn to help you put to get your straightened up man, im surprised noone told you have a calmag issue, lol..

and something else man, im on the edge of maybe saying you might have the start of root problems. the new growth just doesnt seem to be looking correct. need to see the plant in real sunlight.

something else, lol, yeahhh, there more. why do you have preflowers? did you start 12/12? thats the only reason it would look like that.

Whats the temps in there at 100% just above canopy and 75%. i Got a 480 watt closer i understand strains react
dif but i feel at 24" 300 watt should not really be giving them issues.Also the temps in side the tent.I know i am having real problems with the heat wave over here.
Agree that strains react differently, I have two 2000W Bestva (385 actual draw each, no dimmer, but veg/bloom switch) lights in a 6.5x6.5x7 ft. tent and if it gets closer than about 30 inches I get light burn issues. (I do realize I'm a little overpowered on light, but had the same problem when I only had one light)

Temps are 70-75 degrees, 50-60% humidity

massive mag deficiency. Mag is needed to process light. all your stems are red and streaking. and because the lights are powerfull, more calmag is needed. those should be getting 250ppm per WEEK.

what medium you using, looks like dirt, and no, not being a jacka$$, just wondering is all.. ( never mind, just seen your other post of this same problem from july 8th) looks like cocoloco? Editv3: seen its Malibu compost soil mix. from your june post, ---- man, try to get some cocoloco or straight up foxfarm ocean forest. That compost soil might just to harsh for the plant. ive never even seen it before. just tryn to help you put to get your straightened up man, im surprised noone told you have a calmag issue, lol..

and something else man, im on the edge of maybe saying you might have the start of root problems. the new growth just doesnt seem to be looking correct. need to see the plant in real sunlight.

something else, lol, yeahhh, there more. why do you have preflowers? did you start 12/12? thats the only reason it would look like that.
I'm using fox farm ocean forest, it looks like just dirt because of the Diatomaceous Earth I sprinkled on because of gnats. The clones that I have were from a flowering plant I'm assuming and have always had pre-flowers, weird huh, I've had my lights on 18-6 since I transplanted them, and they were cloned 3 weeks prior to my transplanting them on July the 2nd

I'm using fox farm ocean forest, it looks like just dirt because of the Diatomaceous Earth I sprinkled on because of gnats. The clones that I have were from a flowering plant I'm assuming and have always had pre-flowers, weird huh, I've had my lights on 18-6 since I transplanted them, and they were cloned 3 weeks prior to my transplanting them on July the 2nd
I've been supplementing cal-mag, 15ml per gal. of water, have not checked the ppm on it, will do that tomorrow morning when it's watering time

70-75 degrees, 50-60% humidity. They were fine all week until I turned the light up and immediately they started to do that

Not thinking the light I have 20, 120 ,135 hlg panel in my tent and I can put it 20" from top of plant with no problem on 3/4 power.

Back
Top Bottom