LED Lights

The hype is basically that LED utilizes all color spectrums that plants use. With HID and Fluorescent there are many spectrums they emit which are not usable for plants, thus making them inefficient in the sense of utilizing all the light.

However because HID and HO T5 are so intense you obviously still produce great product from them. LED will soon be the only way to grow, IMO. Not quite yet, but one day it will be the #1 grow light.

That is NOT true, to be effective a LED light must use 1watt per diode, none of the cheap LED's on Ebay ect meet that qualification therefore they are crap. You are welcome to buy one, or 10 and try to grow with them, but others have tried and failed.

If you read a popular growing mag, they recommended one this month in their special issue that is twice the price of Advanced or --- with the same specs.

Advanced and --- rule. If you want to prove me wrong please make a journal.

All due respect I aint thinking about what someone buys. If ur going down that led route surley that would be a must / to do item to check. MUST use 1 Watt ? there are 3 watts out here now and have been for along time.. get over the fact there are more LED builders out there than there are your sticking up for.Quote "If you want to prove me wrong please make a journal." sure where is your comparison i can compare to.

Right now I'm using the 357 Magnum LED. After researching different companies I went with this one. The unit itself is new, but the company has been around for awhile. Right now I'm using one LED light per tent, got two total. Looking to get more in the future, unless there are other companies offer more with same price range...

In the future they probably will cost 1/4 of the current price when more companies jump on the bandwagon to create the best LED, which will drive prices down. Like computers...

Check out the sponsors and compare features and prices before making your purchase. Take your time with it until you are sure of it. This is something you want to use long term.

Black dog led's are the best out there, except for the fact that they are made in china. I have a BD700, 15 spectrums, 3 watt lights, great penetration and great power. 3 months out had a power supply cord melt on the end that plugs into the unit, now 3 months after that 1 bank of "drivers" has gone out, around an 1/8th of the total lights in the unit are now not working. I have to come up with $900.00 credit and he will ship me another light so I can send this one in for repairs, otherwise I have to go without a light, send it in, wait for it to be fixed then wait another 2 weeks for shipment back from china! Nice racket!!! I would have bought from mike and --- if I would have known the warranty was so shitty!!

Black dog led's are the best out there, except for the fact that they are made in china. I have a BD700, 15 spectrums, 3 watt lights, great penetration and great power. 3 months out had a power supply cord melt on the end that plugs into the unit, now 3 months after that 1 bank of "drivers" has gone out, around an 1/8th of the total lights in the unit are now not working. I have to come up with $900.00 credit and he will ship me another light so I can send this one in for repairs, otherwise I have to go without a light, send it in, wait for it to be fixed then wait another 2 weeks for shipment back from china! Nice racket!!! I would have bought from mike and --- if I would have known the warranty was so shitty!!

How is it the best when 3 months in you're getting cord melt, and 1/8th of total lights went dead? lol I like the fact that it has 15 spectrums.

How is it the best when 3 months in you're getting cord melt, and 1/8th of total lights went dead? lol I like the fact that it has 15 spectrums.

The design is the best out there, the parts and place made (ie china) are not, okay? I thought I was pretty clear on that in the first statement. 15 spectrums and the way it's laid out is good; the warranty and parts it was created out of is not, same with the manufacturing. And sending a cheap small-gauge computer cord only 5 ft long doesnt make sense either when he's charging 1599 for the light.

Also, the black dog is pushing over 2 watts per diode, while if the 357 magnums true wattage is only 180 watts (according to their website), which means they might be pushing maybe 1 watt per diode if that. not sure on the diode count on that one.

Back
Top Bottom