LED lights

bklynmd

i'm considering using LED lights instead of the traditional HPS lights. can anyone tell me if its worth investing in LED lights. can anyone give me feed back if the used them
thanks

What up guy, ive been using 2 90 watt led from home depot my whole grow. It is my first grow but so far 3 weeks into flowering and 62 days old my two plants are over 3 feet.

Leds cost less energy and what research ive done the produce great lumens but produce low heat. The ones i use are individual bulbs, not the panel of leds. I speak out of my experience with them i would recommend them. Others might have better information.

I can only tell you from what i know! i just turned mine in to flowering so cant really say anything about buds etc,

But im really impressed with the LEDs as a growing light.

They produce a really bushy plant with tight node spaces (not stretchy at all)

To think about before buying any leds.

What type of LED's are used in the light? i have 3w single chip CREE-leds. LED's with less then 3w would not give you good light penetration, and thereby airy buds.

what spectrums are used?

Try to get your hands on a full spectrum light. with atleast 6different leds in them ( red, blue, orange, white, UV, IR. 630nm 660nm 440nm 460nm 610nm 380nm 730nm 3500k.

They are pretty pricy, but well worth from what i've seen so far.

Another thing to keep in mind, LED's dont spread the light so good, so you would need more lights per square meter then with hps/mh

I have a comparison grow going on, check my sig and u can tell the difference between hps and LED. new pic are coming there soon

What up guy, ive been using 2 90 watt led from home depot my whole grow. It is my first grow but so far 3 weeks into flowering and 62 days old my two plants are over 3 feet.

Leds cost less energy and what research ive done the produce great lumens but produce low heat. The ones i use are individual bulbs, not the panel of leds. I speak out of my experience with them i would recommend them. Others might have better information.
I get 3 feet in about 3 n a half weeks of veg with my led

In my experience, bad luck with LEDs. I went cmh and couldn't be happier.

Attachments

• IMG_20180519_092729_291.jpg
    IMG_20180519_092729_291.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
I pulled 32 ounces from led's just last grow. Quantum Boards 132 3500k, amazon will have them in stock in 1-2 weeks from now! I'm waiting to order me another 12 panels :D It cost $133 for 4x panels and you can push just 4 panels to pump out 350 watts. I went for 12 panels so it would completely cover my 4x4 tent and let me tell you the plants absolutely love it! LED's are the future, especially qb's. Atleast imo haha. QB's are DIY so you gotta wire them and screw together a frame. You can find pre-built ones too but they are a bit pricey and not found in qb132's for whatever reason. I was thinking of ordering an extra set or 2 of panels and reselling them pre-built ready to go. I only pushed my lights to 600 watts for that 32 ounce harvest, and only during flowering. VEG i had them 100, or 300 watts total (3 rows at 100 watts)

you obviously never tried Quantums :p
So they recommend 2 X ES300 units to flower a 4X4 or 5X5 tent
That's 2000 bucks Canadian, are you kidding me?
They don't even tell you who manufactures the diodes for them
For the same or less money you could flood that 5X5 tent with Quantums and get a better grow
Rubbish, and not helpful to new growers

I have run HPS, MarsII, QB boards and I'm currently running a small 300 watt Timber cree cxb3590. The COB's blow everything out of the water. The QB boards are a close second. Mars and other cheap chinese LEDs grow airy buds with low gpw. If you need to heat your winter ski lodge use HID. So if money is no object, I'd go with COB's. They do cost the most up front. But, you'll double your gpw over HID. Won't need to run air conditioning and change bulbs every 3 grows. Just my personal experience. Your money. If your wondering why I tried all these lights.. It's because most folks on these sites are very bias one way or the other. I believe in my first hand results only. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom