Legalized Or Not, L.A. Lawmakers Will Go After Pot

What I have learned in my years of debating people on issues all across the board is that if they don't have anything to offer or they are not willing to research and/or listen to other opinions to further dispute or refute their point, they have only insult to offer.

Most people have no idea how to discuss a topic without letting their emotion take the place of the facts. :smokin:

Most people have no idea how to discuss a topic without letting their emotion take the place of the facts. :smokin:

You are so very correct Hogdady. But could you or Odin point out where i have insulted?

..Dont worry, I'll wait.....

...That's what i thought, you cant, bc it hasnt happened.

Now, if you look back at Odin's first post to me, he wasn't having an INTELLIGENT debate by any means. It starts off with him trying to tell me what the point in my post was, as if i need that since I am the one who wrote it, and ends it up in a later post with him insulting me by saying that i don't know anything bc i've only been insulting him. Which after looking through all my posts i've come to realize there is not a single insult towards him. Some people just get butthurt when they TRY so hard to argue with someone over something petty and then end up failing Hard ------> Odin's case here.
The petty thing he was trying to argue about was not an incorrect fact or something legit. I had written a post about how the government's efforts, whether it was their full efforts or not, were useless in stopping proposition 215 back in '96. This was the main point i was trying to get across to anyone reading my post. This was the part where Odin steps in and proceeds to tell me that the point in my post is not about the governments efforts, its about the fallen victims of this war. Well considering that Odin has no idea what the point in my post is bc I am the one who wrote it, not him, i dont think he should be trying to tell ppl what my intended point was. Especially considering the post had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with fallen victims of the war. I'm not sure why he was even trying to tell me i was wrong bc i was simply pointing out a well known fact about the medical marijuana proposition. I didnt really think there was anything to argue about when everyone knows the government tried to stop 215 and didnt. Anyway, happy smoking to all.:blunt:

"Any federal crackdown will be just as futile as the government's attempt to stamp out medical marijuana after Californians passed Proposition 215 in 1996," said Dale Gieringer, state director of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws.

Despite numerous raids and arrests, he said, "the federal government showed itself incapable of halting the spread of medical marijuana, which is now legally recognized in 14 states and enjoyed by hundreds of thousands of legal patients."

Gieringer added, "The federal government similarly lacks the manpower and resources to pursue California's 3 million marijuana users."

Here is proof to back up the POINT. Soo.. I guess we can either assume that Dale Gieringer, state director of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws has no idea what he is talking about and that Odin is in fact correct, or Odin is the one who doesnt know what he is talking about. Its up to the others in the forum what they decide though.

I am surprised that 420 Magazine allows personal attacks.

We don't allow personal attacks. Its a fine line sometimes. I find editing member posts the most difficult thing for me to do. Sometimes it needs to be done but it really goes against my personal nature. If somebody says a persons point is stupid is that the same as saying the person is stupid? Where/when do I draw the line without becoming insert descriptive term here?

I welcome member feedback about this or any other issues. An open thread is not the best place to do this though. So if anyone would like to let me know what you think or point out any edits they feel need to be made please feel free to let me know by private message.

You are so very correct Hogdady. But could you or Odin point out where i have insulted?

I neither directed anything at you or said anything about you insulting anyone.

Rather, I was referring to the entire Prop 19 debate, both here at 420 and in the media. Some people can debate an issue on it's merits or lack thereof, but most people allow their emotions to dictate the course of the debate.

If you feel offended by my remarks, please note that it was not a personal attack, just an observation of people in general. :)

In my opinion, when you use some other person's handle or name in a way to induce shame for their belief you are not only insulting that person but inviting others to join in on your point. An issue as hotly divided as this proposition has the potential to divide the forum into groups. Our strongest and only ally in this war on MJ is our unity.

In my opinion, when you use some other person's handle or name in a way to induce shame for their belief you are not only insulting that person but inviting others to join in on your point.

If you are referring to me, perhaps you can point out where I did that!

Our strongest and only ally in this war on MJ is our unity

Totally 100% in agreement..:)

I agree with the statement about our unity as well. Prop 19 campaign released a poll Friday showing that more than 73% of young voters support Prop 19. If there is ever a time in this war when all supporters need to stand together, the time is now. November 2nd is fast approaching and every vote that can be cast will be needed.

I am not referring to you HD. I think you and I have talked enough on here that if I seen you do something I would just send you a private message.

I seen someone else going after someone else and just want it to stop. I seen threads on this proposition turn into huge fights in other forums. I just wanted to put in my two cents.

You have a group like ours facing a politician and you have a lobby. The strength of a lobby is sheer numbers.

I seen someone else going after someone else and just want it to stop. I seen threads on this proposition turn into huge fights in other forums. I just wanted to put in my two cents.

Kinda goes back to my statement about letting your emotions dictate the course of a debate.....

The fight LA makes against 19's passage will only serve to push forward the idea of legalization, not take away from it.

Its not so much that 19 will assure pot is legal, but instead its the fallout from the battle against 19, once it does pass, that will open the doors to real change for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom