Let's Get This Tent Setup So We Can Get These Herbie Seeds to Cracking the Soil

Re: Let's get this tent setup so we can get these Herbie seeds to cracking the soil :

And here you go devil it won't look so clustered when I can put the big pots in and not having to worry about the light 23-30in from the plant
image14217.jpg

Re: Let's get this tent setup so we can get these Herbie seeds to cracking the soil :

And here you go devil it won't look so clustered when I can put the big pots in and not having to worry about the light 23-30in from the plant
image14217.jpg

thanks bro. damn your tent looks deeper than mine..we might have got different tents .
here is mine
12598.jpg

Mines a 4x4 yours looks like a 2x4 maybe. And should I fim after the first set of 5 lead branches or what I'm still curious ppl say the third node but I'm half way confused I know they are way to small now.

people always say FIM when they actually are topping the plant.

I've yet to actually see a successful FIM attempt.

FIM = Fuck i Missed. a FIM is supposed to create 4 growing tops from the part where you pinched. But i have actually yet to see an ACTUALLY successful FIM. 95% of FIM attempts only result in 2 growing tops, therefore you've technically only topped your plant.

I tried FIM'ing my plants in the grow box, and i successfully FIM'd one of the 4 (i have 5 in the box) plants that i attempted a FIM on. This plant grew four equal tops, but i was disappointed when i found this out:

IT was still only a topping.. not a FIM. The place where you pinch/cut, however you remove the lead growth, will grow 2 tops from the node you just topped above. then the lower nodes will shoot up towards the light. When you top your plant, theres hormones called auxins at the top that tells the plant to grow vertical, that are then distributed to the other growing tops of the plant when you remove the lead growth. This makes the lower nodes grow vertical at a faster rather than the very top of the plant because you have disturbed these auxins and now the level of auxins found in the other tops will increase as you remove the top growth.

Good info green thanks bud! Just gotta work on my patience haha it's definitely a waiting game.

Hi Dan, I haven't been on in a while and am playing catch-up now. Your girls look great!!! They are precious!! I told you before I like them best when they are small. They behave better for me. LMAO.

I have a 5X5 Jardin tent and it also has a few pin hole light leaks. I used the aluminum duct tape and it is sticking good.

How is your exhaust system going?? You said you would be working on it so just wondering if that help with those high temps. Also is your cool intake venting right into the light hood?? Or do you have a separate vent on the bottom bringing in the fresh air?? I know systems are set up many ways. I actually left the right side of my hood open and just let my big inline fan pull from the tent through the hood. Does your tent have any duct holes near the bottom of tent for fresh air intact?? Just a thought.

Yes in the bottom corner I have a 4" inline putting fresh air into the tent. My exhaust pulls straight through I have a 6" inline that exhaust the tent in the top seperate from the cooled good. And the temps have been 90 and below so I'm gonna let it he for now as far as an external exhaust system. The weather is getting cooler so I've just been leaving a window up and enjoying the grow :)

Yes in the bottom corner I have a 4" inline putting fresh air into the tent. My exhaust pulls straight through I have a 6" inline that exhaust the tent in the top seperate from the cooled good. And the temps have been 90 and below so I'm gonna let it he for now as far as an external exhaust system. The weather is getting cooler so I've just been leaving a window up and enjoying the grow :)

glad to hear the temps are coming down.. if you want to battle temps inside the tent.. you can always add a portable AC unit to your household and keep it in the particular room your tent is in at a very cool temperature so that the intake has very cool air to draw into the tent.

This is what i do with my AC. It cools down a bedroom and attached den which my tents and grow box are situated in, and with the lowering temperatures here in BC, its working wonders. But i also have all my ducting to the outside rather than back into the room.

Well the girls got topped and got their first dose of 1/4 strength nutes
image14318.jpg
image14317.jpg
image14316.jpg
image14315.jpg
:):):) what do y'all think?

Yes I will I think I snipped some of the two small leaves on the side along with with the new growth is that a bad thing or what I'll take then later this evening when I make it down the road to the building.

When you top, dont use scissors. especially when your plant is this young, its too easy to take off pieces that should have stayed on the plant. remember that the plant uses its leaves to photosynthesize as well as store food and energy as reserves for the flowering phase.

The technique you are trying to perform is called "tipping" you want to remove only the terminal shoot.

spread the top growth apart and grab the lead tip of the plant and slowly bend it over until it snaps off. Congratualtions, you have successfully tipped your plant. Its that easy!

I don't use scissors I have small razor edge tool that I use. I'm just happy that they are strong and perfect in color to be honest with u since this is my first attempt :) gonna need y'all's help through this process glad y'all are here. And if I accidentally snip a leaf off beside the new growth will it be okay or did I loose a branch?

looking good and green ..:goodjob:

gotta love those fat indica leaves

Yes sir saw yours are looking pretty dang good too devils I'm ready to see the strain hunter.

Hey Dizzy, your leaves are okay if you take a bit of them off.. just remember that when they get bigger and you're wondering why they look so messed up!!

Green here is one of the plants I done yesterday kinda blurry bc the light is so bright.
image14337.jpg

Will have to wait a day or two to see just what you did in there!

With the "tipping" method i told you, theres no question that you took the lead shoot off and that the auxins (hormone that makes plants and trees grow upwards) will be distributed to the other nodes.

With a razor, or scissors or pinching even, sometimes you end up just tipping like i said, but mangling the closest leaf set. Which doesn't harm the plant hardly any at all. You will have just have one node with funny lookin leaves thats all!

Back
Top Bottom