Let's Get This Tent Setup So We Can Get These Herbie Seeds to Cracking the Soil

Re: Let's get this tent setup so we can get these Herbie seeds to cracking the soil :

i have a tent thats the same size as well. I do not have my HID set up in there as i have an LED that i am reviewing as part of a sponsored journal, but in any situation, i use CoolTube reflectors in my grow tents as i feel these give off half the amount of heat as a reflective air cooled hood. The Capn uses CoolTubes cause you can get them pretty close to the plants without causing any heat stress to the plants/leaves/buds. I know he used to use raptor hoods by hydrofarm in his set ups (he might still do so and only use the CoolTubes in veg).

Either way, i think Cooltubes are a much more efficient way to remove heat caused by lights because theres less space inside the sealed chamber the light is housed in, therefore its much easier to remove the heat a MH or HPS light gives off.. I can actually touch the glass tube my light sits in and its cold to the touch, not directly under the light, but only a mere inch or two away from the light and the glass housing is cold to the touch... I'm not sure the same can be said about air cooled hoods.

Re: Let's get this tent setup so we can get these Herbie seeds to cracking the soil :

My hood is cool that's not the problem. It's the recirculating got air is being vented back into the tent due to no exhaust system setup so I'll be looking into an exhaust setup for the coming week.

so then your light doesn't actually exhaust from the tent at all? where is it pulling air from? or is it even pulling air?

The light is exhausted with a 6" fan and pulled through the cooled hood into the room.

I'm talking about setting up an external exhaust setup to vent out of the building

AHHHHHH... it all makes sense now hahah..

Let me ask you, where are you drawing the cooler air from to pull over your lights? from the same room that the light is exhausting into (just outside the tent i'm guessing??)

Yes green you are correct. That's why I need an exhaust setup I'm gonna be working on that Tomorrow or Monday. But on the bright side the girls are looking freaking great :)
image14142.jpg
is that considered the first node or the second node?

did u check your tent for light leaks ? i got the same tent as u did and i spent 3 hrs fixing light leaks on it ..

Exactly what do you mean by light leaks?

Light leaks will be the tiny pinholes around zippers and other sewn spots in tent. May not seem like much, but those tiny holes will hermi a plant in flower

What did you use to fix those little boogers I've noticed a lot of them myself.

I'm actually finding that Gorilla tape as well as duct tape does not stick to the exterior of my tent very well. I do not have light leaks that i can notice in my tent (thank god), and so far its exceeding my expectations for a Chinese made tent

i'm not sure what you could use tho, as those two particular tapes are very adhesive and still dont manage to stick very well.

regular duct tape didn't stick that well. i had to use layers. al in all the tent is sturdy and nice but it the stitching looks like someones drunk grandmother got crazy on the sewing machine ..one of my air vents on the bottom would not lay flat so i had to tape it down ..i hate that the tent zips from the bottom . design flaw in my eyes . so yea the gorilla tape will proab work the best . i just went and got a cheap black tarp to cover it . did u get yours from best choice products in flebay ?

No I ordered it from walmart rem... And I may use the sticky side of adhesive velcrow that stuff it like the stickiest shit ever no lie

No I ordered it from walmart rem... And I may use the sticky side of adhesive velcrow that stuff it like the stickiest shit ever no lie

damn oh yea i forgot. i got mine on ebay for 65 dollars in an auction. i complained about the light leaks and got $20 back , . its a good tent but im looking at the secret jardin dr after a harvest this grow . i want to flower at least 10-13 plants at a time and this tent limits me to 3 bushy plants or 6 plants that haven't topped\fimmed

Well I'm flowering 4 which will be transplanted into 4 gal pots and from prior measurements there should be plenty of room to lst/scrog

Well I'm flowering 4 which will be transplanted into 4 gal pots and from prior measurements there should be plenty of room to lst/scrog

i just fimmed my two biggest plants again about 6 sites on each . and tucked my biggest branches under those big ass fan leaves i have . if i was using the t5s i would have another foot to play with but im gonna use a 400w to get maximum growth . u have a pic of your tent setup and active?

Progress the girls aren't looking to bad for day 15 from seed this is one of the smaller ones
image14216.jpg

Back
Top Bottom