Let's Get This Tent Setup So We Can Get These Herbie Seeds to Cracking the Soil

Re: Let's get this tent setup so we can get these Herbie seeds to cracking the soil :

Update guys 2 of the girls are around 2.5" y'all and the other two girls are only about 1.5". I ordered some cal/mag and dormite lime. I water with distilled water I assume I should add cal/mag and line since there aren't any micronutrients in distill water. Green thumb or devils would u explain in detail the micro nutes I need I want to have them on hand before week 3 or veg

yes if u use ro or distilled water i would advise adding cal mag . i use fox farm soil because it makes it were i dont have to add any extra micro nutes for a while . im sure green thumb can give u more advice than i can .:;): oh yea i also use dolomite lime .

Re: Let's get this tent setup so we can get these Herbie seeds to cracking the soil :

I use fox farm ocean soil also. So I ordered the two things that are a must it seems like. When did u start adding calmag and the lime? Any other micro nutes that I NEED?

I use fox farm ocean soil also. So I ordered the two things that are a must it seems like. When did u start adding calmag and the lime? Any other micro nutes that I NEED?

im sure people will say there are other thing u need . but keep it simple right now.. what u have now will do the job for the entire grow. get u some good unsulphured molasses for flowering , add the lime to your soil before u start . if u transplant mix it in your soil before hand . but if your are already in the pot your going to finish it i can add it to the top of your soil so it mixes in when u water or u can dissolve it in water and add it to your soil that way .. this is not something u would do regularly it will stay in your soil. there might be better ways but this is how i do it . start your plants on 2-3 ml per gallon . not sure when to exactly start id wait a week after your first set of leaves to be safe.

I'm going to top feed the lime until I transplant into the 5 gal pots which I will premix. Thanks for the advise as always devils glad to have u on board and I hope your plant recovers!

no its not NEEDED but for a person with no experience and nothing to look back on it takes the guess work outta the jar . hell for that matter half the nutrients\additives people put in there plants are not needed.

Using a hygrometer DOES NOT take the guess work out of it. It just tells you that the RH isn't at the right %. IF you use boveda 2-way humidity packs, then you are taking the guess work out of it as the RH of the jar will ALWAYS STAY at 62%. No hygrometer needed at all!

Update guys 2 of the girls are around 2.5" y'all and the other two girls are only about 1.5". I ordered some cal/mag and dormite lime. I water with distilled water I assume I should add cal/mag and line since there aren't any micronutrients in distill water. Green thumb or devils would u explain in detail the micro nutes I need I want to have them on hand before week 3 or veg

Have you decided on a nutrient line yet? i'm not sure if i missed that post where you said "guys i've decided i'm going to go with ______ brand of nutrients"

Most generic brands of nutrients have multiple parts to their feeding regiments and contain all the required nutrients for plant growth. For instance, General Hydroponics 3 part Flora series (Grow, Micro, Bloom) delivers all the required macronutrients for plants life. FloraMicro provides plants will all the essential micronutrients a plants needs (Calcium Boron Cobalt Copper Iron Manganese Molybdenum and Zinc) The macronutrients (nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium) are the main nutrients to plant life and are guaranteed in a ratio as per the bottle states (example, FloraMicro's N-P-K is 5-0-1)

Just make sure that you have a reputable brand of nutrients to use. I would suggest General Hydroponics 3 Part Flora series.

yes if u use ro or distilled water i would advise adding cal mag . i use fox farm soil because it makes it were i dont have to add any extra micro nutes for a while . im sure green thumb can give u more advice than i can .:;): oh yea i also use dolomite lime .

Using reverse osmosis filtered or distilled water, hell even rain water or i would say any tap water with a PPM of less than 25 (like me) would also require calcium and magnesium supplements.

I cannot provide any first hand advice on soil, as i do not bother with the mess of mixing soil, or annoying insects you find in soil. I grow in rockwool cubes, and have no issues with bugs.

Personally, i think soil growing is a lot of guesswork. guessing what soil PH is.. guessing how much nutrients are built up in the soil, guessing when your pot is dry enough to water again. I find growing in DWC takes the guess work out of things. I mix up my nutrient solution and adjust my PH level and take a PPM reading and then i toss my plant back in the bucket, and dont worry about it for another 7 days, unless you're in flower like me and the plant drinks up 2 times as much water then you have to maintain at least a half full bucket hah

Like i mentioned earlier in this reply, a good nutrient brand will contain all the macro and micro-nutrients your plants need. I then gave a list of the micronutrients that the GH FloraMicro provides for an example.

im sure people will say there are other thing u need . but keep it simple right now.. what u have now will do the job for the entire grow. get u some good unsulphured molasses for flowering , add the lime to your soil before u start . if u transplant mix it in your soil before hand . but if your are already in the pot your going to finish it i can add it to the top of your soil so it mixes in when u water or u can dissolve it in water and add it to your soil that way .. this is not something u would do regularly it will stay in your soil. there might be better ways but this is how i do it . start your plants on 2-3 ml per gallon . not sure when to exactly start id wait a week after your first set of leaves to be safe.

>>>what u have now will do the job for the entire grow

I disagree. He has no nutrients to feed his plants with. Sure they wont die, but without a source of phosphorous, his plants wont flower properly, or at all. Without required amounts of Nitrogen, his plants will develop chlorosis (yellowing of the leaves) and his leaves will die and fall off. Without leaves, plants can not photosynthesize properly or at all. Without the required micronutrients, he will run into a wild wild west if you will of plant deficiencies.

>>>get u some good unsulphured molasses for flowering

un-sulfured molasses does not contain any phosphorous, which is essential for flowering.

I have the fox farm trio nutes and cal/mag, dolomite lime, and cha Ching is on the way to my house it'll be here Tuesday. But I already have the fox farm or hand. And I have superthrive just incase I throw one into shock during transplant.

lol im not going to get into a pissing match . but if hes not sure if the weed is dry he can put it in the jar and if the rh is above 70 then u know it needs to dry more .

from what i said before he IS ready .. he has soil ,nutes (ff trio) ,lights, and seed.

i never said he needed molasses for FLOWERING i was talking about microorganisms The molasses only feed your microorganisms in the soil which then break down and make available the nutrients in your soil. ..do u even read what people post before u get on your high horse and write your books . i mean i know everyone is just tryin to help but damn!!!! i see u all over this site helping with your wisdom so i know you seem like a great guy ..maybe u should get medicated yourself .

Guys guys not on my thread everyone grab a cold one and a bong we are here for the same reason glad to have u both on. And maybe argue nets show me both sides of ones thoughts.. Could be a good thing! "Puts: pinky to my mouth like Dr. Evils in Austin powers" LMAO

So 3 out of 4 of my girls have the same 4 green leaves and this little girl has got two almost lime green leaves she has looked like this since they first popped out any problem here or is this normal?
image13989.jpg

lol im not going to get into a pissing match . but if hes not sure if the weed is dry he can put it in the jar and if the rh is above 70 then u know it needs to dry more .

from what i said before he IS ready .. he has soil ,nutes (ff trio) ,lights, and seed.

i never said he needed molasses for FLOWERING i was talking about microorganisms The molasses only feed your microorganisms in the soil which then break down and make available the nutrients in your soil. ..do u even read what people post before u get on your high horse and write your books . i mean i know everyone is just tryin to help but damn!!!! i see u all over this site helping with your wisdom so i know you seem like a great guy ..maybe u should get medicated yourself .

>>> but if hes not sure if the weed is dry he can put it in the jar and if the rh is above 70 then u know it needs to dry more

if he wants to possibly develop mold inside his jars of curing buds and lose everything, sure he could do that. But after spending almost 4 months growing some medication, you want to make sure that you cure it properly, no?

>>> he has soil ,nutes (ff trio) ,lights, and seed.

Well.. i just read back on all 10 pages and didn't see a post where he said "these are my nutrients i'm using".. except for a couple posts ago. he talked about his soil, the lights, his seeds, the calmag and things hes ordered.. I didn't read anywhere other than on this page that sad he's using Fox Farm Trio.

>>> The molasses only feed your microorganisms in the soil

This is not true at all.. Sure it does what you just said, but have you looked at the mineral breakdown of Molasses and the nutritional facts on the container? It contains many micronutrients required for plant growth.

>>> i never said he needed molasses for FLOWERING i was talking about microorganisms

"get you some good unsulphured molasses for flowering" you didn't say that? You also said nothing about microorganisms when you mentioned molasses so how is he supposed to know what you are referring to?

If you think i'm starting a pissing match because i want a fellow member to be correctly informed on things, you can think that all you want. I'm offering advice based on experience, proven research and advice from growers that would put us all to shame.

Sure he can get by with what he has.. but who wants to grow shit weed? If i were you, i would medicate a little bit more friend, and not jump down my throat for just trying to make sure someone is properly educated...

Okay and green what about my plant with the lime green leaves?

usually lighter coloured leaves are a sign of not enough nitrogen in your nutrient mix, OR you are experiencing PH fluctuations (which shouldnt be the case since you are growing in soil)

but since your sprout is so young still, i would say its not because of a Nitrogen deficiency, but simply just the colour it is. wait till you see a few leaf sets that are coming out very light green before you rush to take any sort of corrective measure.

A seedling has all the required nutrients stored within the embryo for its first week weeks of life, then afterwards once you start seeing a second set or even a third set of serrated leaves, depending how vigorous the strain is, they are ready for a very light nutrient mixture of less than 200ppm. this is strain dependent tho, as some strains are very light feeding plants, and some are heavy feeding plants.

Honestly, this part of the grow is actually the easiest, the germination/seedling stage, because you dont have to do anything really. just make sure that you dont let your soil dry out, and make sure to not water it too often so you dont attract fungus gnats and other soil pests.

Just keep on truckin man.. things will start to come together.. the plant will grow and you will be rewarding yourself in a few months with some quality smoke!!

I'm going to go ahead and start the cal-mag when it comes in I'm thinking that may be one of the problems the plant is still one of the tallest and looks super healthy, minus the discoloration.

The one with the like green leaves is the seed I planted that the tap root fell out of the shell. May just still be trying to fully recover I'm not real sure but it's growing great! Happy Tuesday guys!

Glad to hear. .

When you water, since you are in soil and nutrients can leach into the soil, you want to alternate feedings and waterings. So one watering, water with a nutrient mix, then the next time you need to water, water with PH balanced water only. Alternate like this and you wont see very much nutrient build up in your soil because every other time you are watering, you are flushing the nutrients in the soil out.

Glad everything is starting to come together! In no time, your plants will be exploding!!

Yeah I had that schedule in mind already. What's a good balance to use when adding the calmag and lime to my water without overkill maybe start out 1ml per gallon? And I upped the ballast wattage to 75% and it's exactly 30in away from my plants and the hottest part of the day the temp at plant level was only 88. My humidity has been around 30-35 I would like it to be albetween 45-60 during veg any reccomendations?

Oh yeah purchasing all my stuff left that I need for the scrog this weekend. And I'm gonna do a tut style training or monster crop I'm still looking at pros and cons

Just top and bend my friend. No need to get all crazy doing a flux or a supercrop that stresses your plant and extends your veg time even longer. All you need to do is top your plant, and tie down leader branches that stretch higher than the canopy. This will keep your canopy even as well as open up the plant when you tie down branches, exposing other bud sites to more intense light!

the key to a big bushy plant that produces lots of bud sites it to top and bend. Check the The Capn's Blog entries on topping and bending to get a 1lb monster!!

Yeah I bought some of the green tie down wire I will prolly just go with the top/fim/bend method on my first grow and maybe experiment with a plant or two next grow if all goes well this time

Back
Top Bottom