Let's Get This Tent Setup So We Can Get These Herbie Seeds to Cracking the Soil

Re: Let's get this tent setup so we can get these Herbie seeds to cracking the soil :

image13931.jpg
Two little guys decided to show their face today :)

Re: Let's get this tent setup so we can get these Herbie seeds to cracking the soil :

How often and how much would y'all reccomend watering when they are this small.. I know not to use nutes too

And I assume it would be okay to start with indirect light now 18/6

Anyone lol? The two came up with zero light for 32 hours should I leave it a no light cycle or continue darkness..

How much water would u reccomend they are in 1 gal pots but I understand very bit of the soil doesn't need to be wet.. Like 1 measuring cup or how much

u are not going to need much water at all.. let the soil dry out so they have to search water out . at that size i was just filling up a dropper and wetting until a few inches out from the plant were moist. and yes your 18\6 can begin now .

Okay thank devils off to walmart I go for a dropper hahaha :)

lol anything could have worked but now u will have it for next time

UPDATE I now have 4 happy girls maybe the 5th will pop out tonight they are just slow sprinters haha thanks for all your communication Peyton devils and green thumb I'm gonna need oh guys trust me!! :high-five:

And all u other guys that have chilled in with words of wisdom

UPDATE I now have 4 happy girls maybe the 5th will pop out tonight they are just slow sprinters haha thanks for all your communication Peyton devils and green thumb I'm gonna need oh guys trust me!! :high-five:

to me its all down hill from here .. i personally worked myself into a frenzy preparing for my first grow . i was thinking to much and exploring to many options .get a harvest complete then start trying new things ..u will have more confidence the second go.. hell u did way better than me .. i germed 10 seeds and killed all but four..i made multiple mistake my first grow.. drowned seeds,to high watt of a lamp to close, and more .so u are off to a great start .. i still feel like growing was the easy part and the dry cure was the hardest. i fucked up multiple ozs on my first few attempts to dry and cure .now i have the proper tools for the job and cant wait to meet that challenge head on this time...

Not to jump the gun but what's 'proper' curing equipment so I can be preparing in advance

a proper place to dry it that u can maintain the temp and humidity. i used a closet that actually worked great its the mistakes i made after that that cost me..
u can build a drying box if no closet is available. i haven't built it yet because harvest is ages away but i have everything to build one out of a tote and 2 pc fans . u can use cardboard boxes what ever makes it easier on u . if u just want to spend money they have started marketing the pro dry boxes .u can find them on youtube.

a few good glass jars with lids like ball or mason jars .

a hygrowmeter which is cheap i got two for like 6 bucks on flebay . it helps u proper cure the weed in the jars these are the ones i got great size for jars .
mNKZKLl543lsZjFJoljfnIA.jpg

Sweet I'll have to check into all that thanks for the info bud

A hygrometer is infact not needed at all as it DOESN'T DO ANYTHING other that tell you what the RH% is inside the jar. You want it at 62% for the optimal conditions for curing as well as in a dark place avoiding any direct UV light. this will cause THC degradation.

To maintain a 62% humidity inside your jars, i would suggest Boveda 2-way humidity packs. They are cheap and efficient and work like a charm

The proper harvesting tools include, pruning shears for chopping stems, micro tipped scissors for the actual trimming, garbage tote for unusable leaves and stalks, separate bowl for sugar leaves and usable trimmings.

Your choice of drying is totally up to you. For me, i cut my plants up and leave the buds on the branches after giving it a proper trim of all leaves and such, basically just needs to dry on the stem then go into jars after removing excess stems. no additional trimming aftewards. I then hang the trimmed branches from string or coat hangers or whatever you choose for anywhere from 3-5 days to dry in a dark room with an extraction fan and a small fan to circulate the air, but not blowing near the buds. I try to maintain the RH in the drying room (or in my case i use my grow box) at around 55-62% with a cluster of wet paper towel or a small bowl of water inside to evaporate and raise humidity if i need.

You can also use a drying rack, but i would avoid these, as they tend to flatten out your buds unless you constantly toss them around. hanging them preserves their shape and form, and give you amazing bag appeal!

Then when the stems of the buds snap (you will know when you bend one if its TOO dry) when you bend them rather than just fold, your buds are ready to remove from the stems and place into jars to cure.

I would suggest a minimum of a one month cure for optimal flavour and high.

But to each their own right??

Thought i would add my 2 bits :thumb:

no its not NEEDED but for a person with no experience and nothing to look back on it takes the guess work outta the jar . hell for that matter half the nutrients\additives people put in there plants are not needed.

I agree with both of you guys I'm gonna use the trim and hang technique also on e that day comes. Well seed #5 appears to be a no show I believe guys but oh well 4 plNts in 5 gal pots would give them plenty room to grow and breathe :)

Update guys 2 of the girls are around 2.5" y'all and the other two girls are only about 1.5". I ordered some cal/mag and dormite lime. I water with distilled water I assume I should add cal/mag and line since there aren't any micronutrients in distill water. Green thumb or devils would u explain in detail the micro nutes I need I want to have them on hand before week 3 or veg

Sorry I'm posting so much just taking my opinion on things vs y'all's lol.. I've had my 600mh dimmed To 300w after 2 weeks I'm gonna bump it up to 600w I assume all would be good I have the light 40" above the babies for the time being and the temp at the plants has been between 81-88

Back
Top Bottom