Let's Get This Tent Setup So We Can Get These Herbie Seeds to Cracking the Soil

Re: Let's get this tent setup so we can get these Herbie seeds to cracking the soil :

thats the best course of action. Learn the basics first. Germination, mixing nutrients, adjusting PH and PPMs as well as some easy training techniques and then learning how to trim and harvest. LST or low stress training includes tying down branches. HST or high stress training includes super and monster cropping where you snap and bend over a branch. The plant then needs to focus valuable energy to repair this damaged part of the stalk. Works, but again, i would suggest topping at an early age (4-5 nodes of growth) to promote more buds sites. Remember when you top the main leader, the two nodes closest then become your new tops. you will now have 2 main colas rather than one!

Re: Let's get this tent setup so we can get these Herbie seeds to cracking the soil :

I've read where some people fim and have had 4 tops appear. I'm gonna fim and then top from there I believe

I've read where some people fim and have had 4 tops appear. I'm gonna fim and then top from there I believe

My pineapple chunk in veg got a fim. Even as big as she is, the distance between the two nodes from fim is about a quarter inch. Stayed nice and tight. Good luck with it, most fim jobs are done by accident, hence the name

FIM = Fuck, I missed! Thats why peyton told you its usually a mistake when people do it!!

Some people are actually really good at it, some just get lucky haha

I FIM'd all my plants in my grow box at a very young age (like 3rd node). I will take a picture for you in a moment to show you how even my canopy is from the FIM job that i successfully managed to do (getting lucky like i mentioned!!).. I usually just top and top and top tho, then bend over and allow all the side branches to stretch up and catch up with the main canopy. My widow in flower is a great example of that.. i have a pic i took just before lights on i'll upload and post for you to get an idea of what topping and bending can get you!!

I made a gallon mix of 2ml calmag and 3tbspoons of lime and we will see how they like it over night my temps hit 91 yesterday :/

Here's the girlies
image14063.jpg
and it was a hot day yesterday
image14062.jpg

Could they be stretching or is that normal. They are indica dominant keep that in mind

Alright cool they are just in the 1gal as of now so that's a nice thought to keep in mind

That's a little high, especially with low humidity. Mine were in the 90's for a bit but it didn't hurt anything. It would be nice if you could get you lights out temp into the lower 80's. Just keep an eye on the girls and see how they respond

What do u think about the humidity should it be higher? If so how would u go about it without buying a humidifier.

It's great humidity for flower, but in veg normally you want it higher. But plenty of people including myself have grown perfectly fine in that humidity. Hanging damp towels in space can help, or a bowl of water can help raise it some

I've done the bowl of water truck I think it raised up to maybe 33 I'll try it again though maybe it will help.

Bringing your temperatures down will raise your RH% in general. So your main goal should be to find a way (without buying an AC.. but they're amazing i tell ya!) to lower your temperatures, since you're worried about them being high.

I just read back.. 88 = 31.1 for a Canadian like me.. Thats too hot. And thats only under the MH.. wait till you switch bulbs and have a 600w HPS that is much warmer! I can estimate your temps will rise to 34+ (93+) without any cold air intake, or a portable AC unit.

That means more evaporation and more transpiration. Which means you will have to water and feed much more, thus going through more nutrients. You will also be running the risk of heat stress, and leaf burning once the plants get closer to the bulb.

how many CFM is your fan thats pulling air through your hood? Is there any way you can get some cold air into the tent?

How are you doing dizzy? the babies are looking great so far i do have to say!!

I have a 240cfm exhausting the tent which is plenty for a 4x4. Also I exhaust the fan into the same room should I maybe try to rig up a window exhaust system?

Due to winter months coming up I was trying to stay away from the exhaust system

Dude my temps hit 95 today with the ballast turned up to 100% that's not good!

Oh yes, that is much too hot.

You definitely want to get the hot air from the tent out of the room it is in.. cause then you're just sucking in the same hot air from outside the tent. Set up a window exhaust, and maybe looking into getting a small intake fan. 100cfm or something small like that. just something for some fresh air transfer.

Until the winter months come, you are going to need a cooling solution. You are going to need to bring the temperatures down or you will stress your plants out and dry the leaves out.

I have a 140cfm for intake at the bottom of the tent but I think the light is just to much for that small room. Looks like I'll be building an exhaust system this weekend blah but oh well.

Back
Top Bottom