Let's see your tea

Let's see those nasty, stinky, messy tea mixes..... When my non organic grower friends come by it is funny to see the looks on their faces when I show them or they get a whiff of my mixes.. ( they really don't smell to bad until I get near the bottom)....

A little mix I threw together....
teamix.jpg

a few minutes later after adding some food for the micros. ( molasses ) :)
ready to feed-
teamix1.jpg

yummy :hookah:

I was just over at your past grow thread admiring your craft sin. I must say that those are some of the nastyest rank oversexed female bitch plants Ive seen yet. Very very nice. So whats in your tea brew you have there? I just made my first batch the other day but I cheated and used budswell liquid and mollassas along with some hygrozyme to get em started. Mine did not look anything like yours though. I am just on my third grow and still way wet behind the ears. Do you do all organic? Can I grow nice plants like those with organics only? Im currently useing floranova 2 part system with koolbloom and mollassas with some silica and hygrozyme and have had just ok plants. I would like to learn how to tease out more per plant. Is that bloom tea all you use for stimulating flowering?

Sorry for the questions but thats how I learn...by reading and asking when I need to.

Nice plants....
Cona

Thank you for the kind words Cona...
As far as I know, all the ladies get fed organic nutes... That mix is actually a feed mix and not a tea. I make my teas in a five gallon water bottle. When I do teas, it is usually when I am trying to head off an NPK deficiency. The teas are super concentrated.... I bubble everything that goes into the ladies and give them a heavy feeding ( tea or feed mix ) about every three weeks and light feedings in between. I stop giving guano's and stick with the "Roots" or "Earth Juice" enhancers for the weeks up to harvest and then light doses of molasses for the last week or two.. I haven't used a measuring cup in years so the mixes are either light, med, or heavy.... IMHO, it's the attention to detail that I give the ladies... Give the ladies the attention they deserve and they will show you some love...... Just have to remember, you are feeding the life in the soil, which is in turn feeding the plant..

Hopefully some people ( me included) will post up some of their organic recipes... There seems to be more and more interest these days in organic growing... I have noticed an increase in the PM's wanting info..

:morenutes:

I am not necisarily just intrested in organic. If I can grow healthy happy plants with big juicy resin covered fruits that taste great and are not full of bad for you chems then I am happy. I did pretty good with my girst grow of 10 plants then had a crop ruined by off gassing of a vinyl door that I had made for my veg cab..bunch of chassing my tail till I fugured that one out. I am back on track now with 5 earkles 2 bluecheeze 2. You say earth juice and roots enhansers...which ones? I may give em a try with some others I have getting ready. Your plants are looking great....you dont even measure your doses...man...cant wait till I see the day when I can do that. I can imagine its like glug glug glug from the bottle and thats a heavy dose where 2 glugs is light...hehehe

Thanks for getting back with me Irie. Whats the Irie Lounge may I ask? Is that a bussiness of yours?

Cona

I really admire your work BeIrie! You helped inspire me a while back, and now here's what I've pieced together for ya'll.
Veg tea/fertilizer:
I have lots of microbes in my soil, so you may want to check ppm and start with lower amounts.
1. I fill a 5 gall bucket halfway. Then add 1tbs EJ grow, 1 tbs catylst, and 1tbs hi-brix.

You can add it all at once, but if i'm really trying to help a young one prepare I mix 2 separate buckets. the complete mix is at the bottom.

2. In a separate bucket fill it up halfway, then add 1 tbs Humic acid/nitrogen/all macro-micro product and 1-5 microbe innoculant. I then put a microbe/wormcasting/compost mix in, with a stocking to filter

3. After a day I mix together, and let bubble another day (or 2 depending on medium)

Really be careful, don't try this with younger plants. As always start cautious and know both sides of your plants limits.

Products I use
Earth Juice: Grow, Catalyst, Hi-brix
Humbolt's myco-madness
Humic acid concentrate with nitro and macro-micro nutes
Roots organic castings
Compost
Tips to increase activity in tea's
Darkness! <-- Very distinct difference.
Stir often
Don't wait longer than 3 days.

trash can brew niiiiccceee!

i do a five gallon bucket half full
handful of humus
handful of e.w. casting
tsp of powdered bacteria
tbs of humic
tsp of powdered kelp
2tbs of molasses

somtimes
tsp of fish emulsion sometimes
tbs of thrive of alive

bubble 12 to 24hrs
stirring every 6 to 8hrs

dilution
1part tea to 4parts water or lighter if young and delicate

My typical Tea's consist of...*flowering mix-*

5 gallons of distilled water...:

Earthjuice:
Grow 120ml
Bloom 60ml
Meta K 30ml
Catalyst 40ml
Micro 40ml

General Organics Cal/Mag 60ml

Advanced nutrients:
H2 Humic Acid
F1 Fulvic Acid
Liquid CarboLoad
Just added Organic B

between 1-2 TBSP of organic molasses....

Sometimes I add some coconut water...usually around 20ml and sometime I add the Naked Brand Fruit Smoothy "blue Machine" around 20ml...

This mix I usually bubble for at least 24 hours, but have fed it strait to the plants at 4ph and have had no adverse effects....

Let's see those nasty, stinky, messy tea mixes..... When my non organic grower friends come by it is funny to see the looks on their faces when I show them or they get a whiff of my mixes.. ( they really don't smell to bad until I get near the bottom)....

A little mix I threw together....
teamix.jpg

a few minutes later after adding some food for the micros. ( molasses ) :)
ready to feed-
teamix1.jpg

yummy :hookah:

yes, could you please give us the recipie to your benny brew? this si something ive been looking into on and off for the past year and makes me want to switch it up to soil and organics, just to get the added bennifits. love what you do and achieve Irie!:welldone:

^^ Question still applys =)

I don't have any pics of mine but I use:

In a 5 gallon bucket 1/2 full add:
2 cups earth worm castings in a sock or stocking.
1 to 2 tbs of humbolt honey es per gal (I add 5tbs at start in 2.5gal of water)

From there I bubble for 48 hours usually, minimum 24.

First I fill the bucket the rest of the way so I have 5 gallons and then I foliar my girls with straight ewc foliar creating a "biofilm" as the veganic peeps put it which supposedly wards off bad juju and mold, lol.

Once i finish that up, I'll add

10ml per gal of GO bio thrive (seems I will be adding more)
10ml per gal of GO bio root
5ml per gal of GO bio weed
7.5 - 10ml per gal of hygrozyme depending on plant age

I add the following in veg, I don't think I'll continue adding an humic in bloom though.
10ml per gal of quantum 1 (humic acid product with benis) OR 10ml per gal of GO diamond black (will be switching to powdered humic/fulvic products once I run out of the liquid humic products I have)

I'll either feed that right away or bubble for a few hours but usually I won't hang on to the ewc tea for longer than 72 hours but lately I have just been keeping a bucket on brew at all times just tossing it once it starts hitting the 3 day range.

I like the Og posters method of brewing up tea as well as his nute mix 24 hours prior and then mix them together, I think I will be doing that with my GO products while my ewc tea is brewing next time.

Very long but informative read, thanks for posting it. I definitely learned quite a bit, I've been applying more bacterial teas evidently.

Where do you guys source the stuff for teas? I'm running veganic so I cant use guano's or fish products, I havent been able to find much at my hydro shop. It has organic in the name but they only sell chem lines of products and basically play to the chem crowd of growers, and they are the only game in town (state) at the moment, and its winter here so local nurseries and places like that are only selling xmas products.....at discounted prices presently...lol

I'm trying to stick with plant based nutrition, the worm castings somewhat negate that but to my understanding they are acceptable in vegan (marijuana) growing.

If anyone has decent online sources for your compost stuff, please post them, and thanks again for posting that, very useful.

earthworm casting are perfect!!

what products for your benny brew are you looking for eg?

sugar sources?
carb sources?
Humic acid sources??
good quality mycorrhizae?? (make sure its soluble)

what part of your benny brew are you having trouble sourcing out??

p.s. what i cant get a like for sharing the info?? ungrateful haha

I need to get a myco product that's water soluable to add to my tea (possibly brewing it separate and mix ing before applying it.

I plan on getting powdered humic & fulvic acids from bioag.com, as far as a sweetner I've settled on humbolt honey es.

I'd also like to get ahold of some ancient forest (general organics) which is a dried Alaska humus product, the only problem I have is I'm very picky about where I purchase my stuff from because I'm not in a legal state as well as super nosy neighbors look @ my packages, "super hydro warehouse", "growmedmarijane.com warehouse" and all these crazy names on the return address dont help the situation but I've found a few places to order from that just says "shipping dept" on the shipping label with their address.

That's the only real problems I have, with the info you've given me as well as that post above has informed me quite a bit more than I was, I had an idea of how some of it worked but that article explained it 99% better than my understanding was.

Thanks I'll hit you up with a like and some rep but the app on my iPhone doesn't give me full site capabilities so when I get home I'll hook it up for you.

Thanks for posting preprodigy, keep it up. Much appreciated, nice to have it all in one spot.

plus reps

Back
Top Bottom