Lexort's Kaneh Bosm CFL Garden

Well I just flushed with bottle water. I just can't believe they were overwatered because I had been babying them and the pot was light which to me indicates that they needed water. Im use to the leaves drooping means overwatered especially since the leaves are nice and green. Hope i didn't drown them. I have this problem where I get super nervous when trying something new and i had never cloned til now and also never grew a clone so i been trying to be gentle with them. I usually just pop another seed and go from there and im comfortable with that. Never ran into this much trouble with plants from seed.

Your clones are rooted so just treat them like any plant now. The hardest part is getting cuttings to root for a lot of people and you got that beat. :)

Storage solution for pH pens is what you want to keep the probe sitting in between uses. It has the same kind of mineral makeup as what's in the glass ball on the end of the probe, prolongs the life of the probe and keeps it accurate. If you don't have that then a some of the pH 6.86 diluted 50/50 with RO water will do. Just never leave the probe sitting in RO or distilled water as it will draw the minerals out of the glass ball and ruin the probe.

I've never used those powdered calibration things. I buy the bottles of pH 4 and 7 soln's and the 1000ppm stuff for the ppm pen. Usually around $5 each. I keep a spray bottle loaded with RO water for rinsing the probes and also the sample cups right after use so dried up previous stuff doesn't interfere with new testing.

L8r

Thanks for the reassurance OMU. Im new to the ph pen and I guess I don't know all i should about it but i must say you have been a big help to me and I am excited about the tds meter i got coming. I still gotta read more about those things but im up for the challenge lol. Glad to have everyone along for the ride. Now I know I can treat them no different than a regular plant and I feel better now lol. Im still waiting for my seeds to germinate. I wanna update every day if i can that's one of my goals here. It will help me stick to this journal. I really enjoy this community the people here are great!

I truly wish i had a way to know what is up for sure. Oldmeduser said it is probably my hard water. Im definitely leaning that way thus why i flush with bottle water today lol

Yeah after reading what he said I'm debating on getting an ro water system now. just trying to think of which water way id use and expenses and all that. I'm not having any ph issues but I can definitely understand the negative sides to tap water. With all the different things in it.

Ya I totally understand now about the tap water. My girls perked up a little since earlier the flush with bottle water seemed to help also thanks to something i saw oldmeduser post on another thread i just found out I been checking runoff wrong.

Took for ever to find it again but here is quote from oldmeduser from another thread

(You, like most, don't check your runoff properly for pH. You need to water until saturated then discard that runoff. Let it sit for 12 hours or so then add enough plain water to force some more run off and test that. It takes time for whatever is in the rootball to stabilize and give a true reading.)

There! Lol i had been testing the initial runoff

Yeah interesting. I was checking it right after as well. I will have to try that and see the difference.

Ya me too lol. I'll check back here and letball ya know my true runoff lol

Just checked run off and the one in the little container reads at 8.5 and the one in the big container reads at 7.8 for runoff. So the big container has come down a little but the other one is still high

Could my soil less mix be salty as hell or what? I figured since it's peat moss it would be more acidic not alkaline i wonder if thats the dolomite lime that is pre mixed in. Perlite is supposed to be neutral and not affect the ph or so i read so i dont think that's it. Plus im using RO water now

Ya its that maybe that worries me lol. Don't want them to die in the mean time ya know

Here's my girls today

WP_20150917_14_11_53_Pro.jpg

WP_20150917_14_12_09_Pro.jpg

WP_20150917_14_12_24_Pro.jpg

WP_20150917_14_17_01_Pro.jpg

WP_20150917_14_17_15_Pro.jpg

Im honestly surprised no one has mentioned anything about what my lights are clipped to lol you can see what I am talking about in the earlier pictures lol

Hey ,
wish u the best of luck with this , well im no expert but i think ur lights r too far from the plants , cfls should be kept 10 cms (4 inches) or maximum 15 cms from the leaves
I'm also growing with cfls , i'll be following ur grow here , good luck again :volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom