Licensed producers in Canada

Hi All,

FYI: The New York Times is reporting that "a gram of weed costs Canopy Growth Corporation, the country's largest marijuana company, $2.30 to produce, according to the company's recent financial statements".

Peace. :peace:

There is also a place you can get your levels of thc and cbd tested. Check the health canada website for the list

I didn't know about this. Thanks for the heads' up.

:thanks:

Hi Folks,

I posted this on the other LP thread. In case you missed it:

Thought you'd be interested in this...

Myclobutanil: Why are some licensed cannabis producers using this banned pesticide? | Georgia Straight Vancouver's News & Entertainment Weekly

You should also go to The Globe and Mail website and search "Myclobutanil".

From reading that & other articles on it, it sounds like Broken Coast got caught in a regs change while OrganiGram just plain got caught.

South of the border is much worse (and this probably reflects some of our non-LP products in MOMs & dispensaries):

". . . a Bay Area laboratory found that 80 percent of marijuana produced by California growers tested positive for mold, fungus, bacteria, pesticides and other harmful solvents. A doctor from the lab said it's common for 20 to 30 percent of samples to contain contaminants, but this was by far a larger percentage than expected. Not only was a greater percentage of marijuana contaminated than normal plants, but it was also contaminated at higher concentrations. The marijuana sample tested positive for 1,000 times the level of concentrations of toxic substances than typically found in food."

Post by Ron in News: CA: Insanely High Percentage of Medical Marijuana Tested Positive for Mold Recently

And, this is why we should all be growing our own to opt out of this bullshit and know exactly what is going into our medicine, the way it should be, the way Mother Nature intended.

:Namaste:

Hi Folks,

I posted this on the other LP thread. In case you missed it:

Thought you'd be interested in this...

Myclobutanil: Why are some licensed cannabis producers using this banned pesticide? | Georgia Straight Vancouver's News & Entertainment Weekly

You should also go to The Globe and Mail website and search "Myclobutanil".

From reading that & other articles on it, it sounds like Broken Coast got caught in a regs change while OrganiGram just plain got caught.

South of the border is much worse (and this probably reflects some of our non-LP products in MOMs & dispensaries):

“. . . a Bay Area laboratory found that 80 percent of marijuana produced by California growers tested positive for mold, fungus, bacteria, pesticides and other harmful solvents. A doctor from the lab said it's common for 20 to 30 percent of samples to contain contaminants, but this was by far a larger percentage than expected. Not only was a greater percentage of marijuana contaminated than normal plants, but it was also contaminated at higher concentrations. The marijuana sample tested positive for 1,000 times the level of concentrations of toxic substances than typically found in food.”

Post by Ron in News: CA: Insanely High Percentage of Medical Marijuana Tested Positive for Mold Recently

I mean, seriously? Can you imagine if this discussion was about basil or rosemary or witch hazel or what have you? That's the way I think about cannabis. It's an herb and just like an herb, it's good for you. Why can't people just butt out?

I second that HG!

I mean, seriously? Can you imagine if this discussion was about basil or rosemary or witch hazel or what have you? That's the way I think about cannabis. It's an herb and just like an herb, it's good for you. Why can't people just butt out?

Riiight HG! I know. And there is no excuse for a lab to have unsanitary weed around or use shiz in thier grows that are hazardous to our health. Just horrible politics, when we need medicine, not the gov'ts' low standards.

And love...lol ;)

Yes, it is a major fail for the industry & I am surprised that the news is so quiet. I guess the 'pro-pot' people are afraid to shine a negative light when they are surging with success in many areas. But due to the way it has involved — with continued US Federal prohibition — and of course, the freestyle anti-regulatory freedom that the US likes, it is almost inevitable. Any industry with a consumable product needs a well-teethed regulatory body to oversee it. Otherwise corners are cut to maximize profit. That's the dark side of capitalism.

If you follow the ACMPR you can only buy starting materials from LP s. However its pretty hard when theres only a few that sell seeds. I managed to get seeds from tweed. OG kush and CBD kush seeds. Will start them in a week so we shall see how they go.

This is 100% incorrect! You are not required to get starting materials from an LP. It is only one option. John Conroy's papers talk about this very briefly and he agrees we do not have to only buy LP starting material. That wouldn't be reasonable access and all that...

My wife and I are both legal growers and would never buy starting material from an LP!!!

Some tidbits from the latest financial statements from Canopy Growth (Tweed) & Aphria.

• Canopy (Tweed) The first quarter weighted average cost per gram to produce, harvest and sell cannabis was $2.78 (they are in fiscal 2018 now) as compared to $2.65 in the same quarter of last year and $2.90 in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2017. Of the total weighted average cost per gram, the weighted average cost per gram of harvesting and post-harvest costs before shipping and fulfilment was $1.28 per gram.
  • Aphria's cost in the latest quarter was (Production $1.11) + (Cost of sales $1.67) = $2.78 per gram (using similar costing method as above)
  • Canopy (Tweed) Net loss in the first quarter of fiscal 2018 amounted to $4,444, or $0.03 per basic and diluted share
  • Aphria lost $0.02 per share.
  • Canopy (Tweed) Over 59,000 registered patients at June 30, 2017 compared to approximately 16,000 at June 30, 2016;
  • Expect Aphria to launch a brand of Tokyo Smoke canna products
  • And this from Canopy . . . While responsible government agencies and/or designated private companies in their respective provinces are likely to begin rolling out physical retail storefront locations in the months after the legal recreational market opens, Canopy Growth believes that, in certain provinces, it will take two years and possibly longer to rollout the full network of regulated cannabis retail stores that is required to satisfy consumer demand. As such, Canopy Growth believes that the majority of sales in the first two years of the recreational market will go through the mail order system.

Back
Top Bottom