Lighting questions

tabtab420

420 Member
Hey guys... I’ve just started my second ever grow and have a few questions. I’ve got two Sour Diesel (in soil for 4 days) and three white widow (in soil for 2 days and still waiting for one to sprout).
I just realized that my timer for my lights wasn’t turning off at night so they’ve been running for 24hrs straight for a few days. If I switch to 18hrs on/ 6hrs off per day would that have any negative effects on the plants?
If my fifth one sprouts do you think my CMH315W lights will be enough power? My 1st grow was only 3 plants and the buds are fairly big and really nice but I feel like maybe one thing that could have helped with a bigger yield would be higher wattage lights.
Any feedback helps!!!!! Happy Sunday, Go Packers Go!

Hey guys... I’ve just started my second ever grow and have a few questions. I’ve got two Sour Diesel (in soil for 4 days) and three white widow (in soil for 2 days and still waiting for one to sprout).
I just realized that my timer for my lights wasn’t turning off at night so they’ve been running for 24hrs straight for a few days. If I switch to 18hrs on/ 6hrs off per day would that have any negative effects on the plants?
If my fifth one sprouts do you think my CMH315W lights will be enough power? My 1st grow was only 3 plants and the buds are fairly big and really nice but I feel like maybe one thing that could have helped with a bigger yield would be higher wattage lights.
Any feedback helps!!!!! Happy Sunday, Go Packers Go!
Hi Tab welcome, They're so young they should have no problems at all going back to 18/6.
The 315 cmw is a fine light. It is defined by it's footprint though at 3 feet square for flower I believe. So everything in the sweetspot will be super. The light will grow beyond 3 feet so get a feel of it's ways. Maybe it's good for a 4 foot square.

I actually veg Autos and photos at 24/0 with no ill affect - growth is outstanding. Cannabis doesn’t really need a dark period during veg.

However, you will hear from others that they feel that the plant grows better with some amount of dark. YRMV.

Turn your plants daily. You'll get some light drop at the edges.
You could get some supplemental leds to run alongside your CMH. I've seen some great grows with mixed lighting. Just a thought.

Turn your plants daily. You'll get some light drop at the edges.
You could get some supplemental leds to run alongside your CMH. I've seen some great grows with mixed lighting. Just a thought.

This is sage advice. Turning/shifting the plants daily is the frugal grower’s light mover.
Also, multiple light sources is a very good thing. During flowering, far red is especially beneficial (LED strips are available). UVB is also very good for additional resin production.

Back
Top Bottom