Lighting

Hempsta

Hey hey.
Just wondering if anybody can tell me what type of light can be used to check plants while they are in darkness without disturbing them.
I have heard that a green globe wont interrupt them but want to be sure.
Any Info is appreciated.

Cheers!
-hempsta:rocker:

Why do you need to disturb the plants during darkness. I would suggest doing all maintenance and checking during daylight hours and letting the plants be when sleeping.

If you absolutely must use a light during the dark period, a 550nm green is supposed to be ideal and not disturb the plants however I have seen studies that even green light will invoke certain effects within the plant. Best to leave them sleep.

MY GUESS AND MY REASON WAS, night time is easiest way to find inchworms, its hard to see green worms w a green light, wasn't much use to me.
Why do you need to disturb the plants during darkness. I would suggest doing all maintenance and checking during daylight hours and letting the plants be when sleeping.

If you absolutely must use a light during the dark period, a 550nm green is supposed to be ideal and not disturb the plants however I have seen studies that even green light will invoke certain effects within the plant. Best to leave them sleep.

MY GUESS AND MY REASON WAS, night time is easiest way to find inchworms, its hard to see green worms w a green light, wasn't much use to me.

Dang, I remember inchworms swinging down from my grandma's trees when I was a kid during the summer, sometimes landing in a drink or on the driveway only to meet the fate of my shoe sole.

Yeah we'll I wasn't sure. De to the routine they are on and my work hours changing recently I Sometimes miss the daylight period.
Cheers for the info guys
-hempsta

Back
Top Bottom