lighting?

IrishGrower

hi growers im currently in the last stages of first grow but already started my new seeds then relized my lighting is still on 12/12, so i moved the babys into a small grow box were iv 2 fluorescent lights,

but my question is would it be ok to put the babys in with the ithers for the 12 hours then switch them into the other box as my mum is going crazy over bills and i cant use both at same time ??

Re: lighting ?

The spectrum for your flowering room SHOULD be just that, for flowering.
Veg really needs more blue , the spectrum of light does mean a lot.
Details on your lighting will get you much better advise.

hi growers im currently in the last stages of first grow but already started my new seeds then relized my lighting is still on 12/12, so i moved the babys into a small grow box were iv 2 fluorescent lights,

but my question is would it be ok to put the babys in with the ithers for the 12 hours then switch them into the other box as my mum is going crazy over bills and i cant use both at same time ??

shouldnt have to worry about bills for CFL's???i have 7 30W bulbs ON for 24 hours everyday and my electric bill was only 30-50$ more.I read that you can do 12/12 but if you switch to 18/6 or 20/4 or 24/0 it stresses the plant and will set u back about a month.what are your wattage and lumens and kelvin rating on the 2 cfl lights you have?

and also what is the price to run kilowatt or watt in your location?ill try to do the math for you and give you an estimate on what to pay each month,but probably wont be alot,i think your mom is over reacting with the price(not in a bad way) but all moms do that.like yelling at you to turn the lights off in the house. also another option is to start them outdoors till you can get the right lighting.or if you get good results from outdoors then do it outdoors.you can also bring them back indoors and go off a light schedule thats close to the season were you live.only negative thing is that switching from outdoor to indoor can shock/stress your plant but ive had positive result leaving 1 plant outdoors for 4-5 weeks from seedling and grew pretty healthy(WAS MY BUDDIES PLANT)

The spectrum for your flowering room SHOULD be just that, for flowering.
Veg really needs more blue , the spectrum of light does mean a lot.
Details on your lighting will get you much better advise.

Hi kick, I, and many others, have used bloom (red) lights for all phases of growth from seed to harvest..
there is a bit more stretching with red lights than blue. OTOH, I just ordered a 1000k MH bulb and will try
a grow from clone to harvest with the blue light. Although kilowatt cost is not my concern, I'm told the blue lights are cheaper to run and keep plants smaller, generally.. ??? on MH growing, only passing on what I've read, no first hand experience.

and not disagreeing that blue lights may be better for early stages

Back
Top Bottom