Hello All, I need help

I'm thinking it should be showing sex by now period, auto or photo. I think the plant just isn't getting enough light to do anything meaningful.
I go along with the idea that the plant is not getting enough light.

A plant has to be sexually mature before it can start to show any pre-flowers or to start actively flowering. Also, there is the theory is that the plant has to start growing alternating nodes as a sign of sexual maturity.

This plant still has opposing nodes. No signs of pre-flowers and nothing else to indicate that it is mature enough to flower.

I'm thinking you need to up-pot & fill it to the top this time also. The yellowing leaves are probably because it's rootbound in that 1/2 pot of soil.
That too. Something else that came up earlier on page 1 and we seem to have left out of the discussion.

Transplant to a larger pot. Prune some of the growth off to help get the plant into a more manageable size and shape. Put it under more light, either outside under the sun or add some more bulbs if keeping it inside. People have grown plants using just those curly-Q compact fluorescent bulbs.

If the group believes that it is actually a photo-period then doing this will not cause any problems and should actually help.

Got it. Hopefully this helps. I have not trimmed the top yet, but I did add more potting mix
A huge thanks to everyone that has replied thus far

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Great read so far. I can’t give advice that hasn’t already been shared with you. I’ll share a bit of my opinion that nobody has even considered though...

Autos can do some strange things sometimes. I think you have an autoflower plant. Although 90 days old, she hasn’t been given enough light in her lifetime to mature. Instead of days, think “total photons absorbed”. If I were to imagine your plant “compressed down”, I see a 5 or 6 node girl with minimal side branching (pretty common for Northern Lights). A 5 or 6 node girl is when I’d expect preflower to start. 20/4, 24/0, 18/6... it’s completely pointless with autos. Yeah, I know, I know what the book says. Too many people reading that book IMO. You should choose your light schedule based on your light. If you’re a tad underpowered run longer light days. If you’re way overpowered, you should probably be running 10/6. I’m actually surprised I haven’t seen anybody do this yet. You can stick her in the closet for days at a time and you’ll eventually begin to do her thing before she’s ready. I think she just needs more light, A bigger pot helps too.
She’s pretty... good luck

Every stock photo seam to show the first 8 hours when it is hard to see but those hairs almost glow white at 24 hours. I forgot to ask, what is the actual height of the plant. Just trying to get a mental scale to go with the picture. Measure from soil to the base of the top leaf. X2 that number to get your rough height at harvest. From there you can tell if you need to top for space.

Every stock photo seam to show the first 8 hours when it is hard to see but those hairs almost glow white at 24 hours. I forgot to ask, what is the actual height of the plant. Just trying to get a mental scale to go with the picture. Measure from soil to the base of the top leaf. X2 that number to get your rough height at harvest. From there you can tell if you need to top for space.
Yes, from the soil line to the top leaf. It is surprising how many people measure from the floor or bottom of the pot to the top leaf.

The plant from soil to top is exactly 36" is the thought on this to TOP it at the third branch down?
Will I be able to clone it?
It was in a dark closet for 48 hours, all it did was turn the leaves a lighter green. Should I put her back in
If so, for how long? Should I change nutes? If so, to what? Silly question but is she still considered to be in veg stage?

The plant from soil to top is exactly 36" is the thought on this to TOP it at the third branch down?
It was in a dark closet for 48 hours, all it did was turn the leaves a lighter green. Should I put her back in
If so, for how long? Should I change nutes? If so, to what? Silly question but is she still considered to be in veg stage?
Hey @338Lapua hope you are well my friend.
You put her in darkness for 48 hrs ? To initiate flowering?
If so you need to give her an alternating 12/12 light dark schedule.
She will start flowering in 5-10 days. Light veg nutes without too much nitrogen till you see pistols. At that point start flowering nutrients.
Hope that helps. I didn't go back and read everything so not sure if I'm on track with your situation.
Bill

At least the 3rd node from the top. It is not easy for any of us to say for sure because we do not know what you have for lights and space. If all you have is available is the window then the top of the plant has to be lower than the top of the window frame.

Yes, you could try to root the cutting. No harm in trying.

When you put it in a closet with no lighting the leaves are starting to turn yellow because the plant is not getting enough light to continue photosynthesis. The idea behind putting it into the closest is to shock or force the plant to start flowering if it is ready. Now that it has been in the closet take it out and put it back into the light on a schedule that provides 12 hours or less of bright light.

Yes, it is still in "veg stage" and will be until it starts to flower. We don't even know if it is a female plant yet. The whole idea is to find out whether it is female or male.

Back
Top Bottom