Hello All, I need help

338Lapua

420 Member
Hello all, I'm 338Lapua This is my first ever grow I planted Nortern Lights auto/feminized on 2/14/21 it's currently
36" tall, growing like crazy, but no signs of flowering. I had it with lights 24/7 then switched to 18/6 then to 12/12
All as a suggestion by the seed co., so roughly 90 days in with no results I need help thanks

90 Days in is quite a long time. I'm surprised none of the things you tried worked. If none of that worked for me I'd put it in 48 hours of darkness, Feed water that was chilled to about 70 F & make my flower area about 68 - 70 F. The plant can't help but think winter is here & time to flower. If that don't work, I don't know what else to try.
I did a N.L. Auto a while back. It took about 17 - 18 weeks to finish. Longest time I ever kept an Auto growing.
@Bill284 you have any suggestions ?

Thanks Buds. I have it growing in a neutral potting soil, I wanted control over the nutrients. I've also added a pic

image.jpeg

90 Days in is quite a long time. I'm surprised none of the things you tried worked. If none of that worked for me I'd put it in 48 hours of darkness, Feed water that was chilled to about 70 F & make my flower area about 68 - 70 F. The plant can't help but think winter is here & time to flower. If that don't work, I don't know what else to try.
I did a N.L. Auto a while back. It took about 17 - 18 weeks to finish. Longest time I ever kept an Auto growing.
@Bill284 you have any suggestions ?
Hey thanks for the tag @Buds Buddy
That girl doesn't look like any auto ive ever seen.
Best way I can think of is actually put it into flower.
I'd give it 36 hrs of darkness complete darkness. Then switch your lights to 12/12.
If its female it won't have a choice but to flower.
Once buds form id switch to 20 hrs light,4 hrs darkness .
Thats the best way I can think of.
BTW welcome to 420magazine @338Lapua
Bill

Looks like a nice plant and it should be easy to get it jump started into flowering whether it is an auto-flower or a photo-period.

I do not grow autos so I do not know for sure but do the auto-flower plants also have to be sexually mature before flowering? That plant does not have the alternating nodes yet so that might be why it does not have any pistils or flowers showing yet.

Sunlight coming through a window is not the best for good fast plant growth. The glass itself will block a percentage of actual light. It also looks like the plant is taller than the window so anything above the window frames is not getting sunlight. Houseplants can grow great in a window but Marijuana plants are heavy feeders as far as nutrients and need more light than the usual houseplant.

Also looks like the container your plant is growing in is only half filled with the neutral potting mix.

Hello all, I'm 338Lapua This is my first ever grow I planted Nortern Lights auto/feminized on 2/14/21 it's currently
36" tall, growing like crazy, but no signs of flowering. I had it with lights 24/7 then switched to 18/6 then to 12/12
All as a suggestion by the seed co., so roughly 90 days in with no results I need help thanks
couple of things to consider
autos are a weird breed compared to some
at this point you are kind of stuck, i've seen some say you cant or shouldnt top autos but if you are still solid veg I would cut off the top of that bad boy and clone it, so that will take away some of the height and make it more usable and easier to handle
second, after topping it I would put it on 12/12 you have fallen into my favorite trap of vegging too long and have weed as tall as a redwood, been there done that have the t-shirt collection

that plant dont look like an auto to me
grab a proper LED grow light, we have sponsors here that have some really nice affordable options around 100 bucks and work well
get that girl some dark time
and keep us up to date

Captain Obvious here..... but me thinks you’ve got a photoperiod!

welcome aboard!
Put it into flower and give it more light. :Namaste:
Bill

Thanks all for the advice If I were to top it, how much should I remove?
How are you my friend?
Topping her would depend on how much height you have to flower her.
She will stretch and possibly double in height.
I personally would count down 3 sets of main branches and top it there.
But if its a true auto like you said, I'm not sure you are supposed to top that much.
Bill

Hello all, I'm 338Lapua
Oh, I forgot yesterday to say what a great user-name you have chosen, even without the 'Magnum'.;)

Thanks all for the advice If I were to top it, how much should I remove?
At least the 3 main sets of stems that Bill mentions, maybe as many as 5. You might want to consider cutting some of the ends of the side branches, too. Keep in mind that most of the experienced 'autoflowering plant' growers do not recommend a lot of pruning.

As far as topping an auto - the ops plant was hatched on Feb 14 and is 90 days old with no pistils in sight ..... that’s no auto.
Also the top part including the side branches that you cut off can be cloned to make a few other plants. I’ve got to roll but Smoking or Bill can probably point you towards a tutorial for cloning

Back
Top Bottom