Lights for veg

GardeningGram

I have 7 plants that are ready to go into veg. I also have 6 plants already in veg in an indoor hydro grow. My question: It is still too cold to put these 7 plants outside (they are in dirt). Can I stick them in with the hydro light and then transfer them outside once it is warm enough? Or will the change from artificial light to natural light mess them up?

The change in light won't hurt them at all. As for whether it is too cold outside- kind of hard to answer that one. Are you in Antarctica? Then yes, for sure. Probably safest to keep them inside till you're sure it's nice and warm- then ease them into the outdoors.

Thanks Weaselcracker,
I am in Alberta Canada. It's nice out, but still gets too cold at night. I will be transfering them to outside in a couple of weeks.

When you transfer outside acclimate them slowly. Start them out in partial shade/sun to get them used to the sunlight. After a few days they will be good for full sunlight.

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ahhh it's good living up north. 31 degrees last night. Who-Hoo we are up to 54 during the day. Would the hardening off or getting them used to sunlight be the same procedure as tomatoes?

Back
Top Bottom