Lights or No lights On seeds?

Kushpushin

I got 13 Outta 15 Seeds to crack at Germination ....So I bought a Humadore And it had pre soil Cubes In it ..I soaked them In distilled water Till spongy and Planted My seeds root down about 3/8 Deep ....Ive had 2 T8 4 footers and 1 125 watt CFL Over the Humadore dome for about 4 days Now ..And still nothing ..actually The soil went a little dry So I just Moistened It Up again today ....Question Is .....Should they Be In Dark ?? Or keep the Lights On them,...The rooms at 75 Degrees In basememt right now Little Moisture Build Up On sides Of dome right now !! Am I doing anything wrong ?? :morenutes:

Re: Lights or No lights On seeds ??

Another Question I have is !!! I just gave My 3 week Old plants a dosage Of 1:10 Humane Urine ..Heard Its best for Nitrogen Levels and best organic fert !!! Is that true ?? But heard 24 hours And pee collects ammonia so best to use right away !! Its The first Nuet Ive given them since they were seeds !! Im new to this so Just going Off what I read On Net !! Thank you

Hi KushPush!:) Like da name.. Yeah thats a strange one, i normally have a good strike rate with seed germination, but i rarely do more than 5 at a time. I just do the paper towel method, wet the paper n put it on a plate, sit it near the window and just keep it moist - usually 24 - 48hrs should be tap root appearing. Can use a CFL if u want above it, that works.. Ive never tried to pee on my plants for fert. i think even from when you start pissin its got ammonia, and other toxins ur body expels.. Just give her water for few weeks til she strong, i had a near mishap with either over fert or heat stress..Then prob ur first nutes should be maybe quarter strength? Then gradually increase as needed..Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Urine is a really old school method of adding trace nutrients & should be mixed 1 part urine to 4 or 5 parts water.

Urine or nutrients are not essential for seedling germination !

I keep my lights on for seed germination tho as this helps provides a constant temperature which they normally sprout with in 24 hours to a few weeks at the longest... with lights on & as soon as the seed sprouts it will recieve light.

Where as if lights are off and remain off, intill all have sprouted you will have a noticable stretch on the early germinated seeds.

I would give it another couple days, but you could probably use a dimmer cfl for the seedlings. I stressed some out not long ago when I was using a 200w cfl. Depends on the distance to though. I have been having great results with two 24w tubes of different spectrums.

It would be good if you good maintain an appropriate temperature for the seeds to germinate, 75F(25c) does wonders to any MJ seed, drop them to a drinking glass to crack for 24 hours ..then transplant to a dish and place them gently between 2 damp kitchen towels, until the little white tails, are half inch to 1 inch long..then gently transport them to your Humadore, temperature and humidity are vital at this stage, keep the soil damp,...use one of those kitchen spray bottles, you'll need it later for foilar feeding.
Stay with your T8's( I use 'em with great success) temperature here is your only fault...maintain that 75F/25C. don't over water, and get a temperature/ humidity gauge....very useful

peace
"V"

Back
Top Bottom