LionoFJudah27s - Soil - Special Queen No.1 Grow - 2014

Hello again those of you still following this thread......:rolleyes3

I have an update!!

So special queen has made a full recovery and is growing like a monster now!!
IMG_0148_1_.JPG
IMG_0147_1_.JPG
IMG_0149_1_1.JPG

thought id post how lush she looks:hippy:

Hey LionoFJudah, Great Looking Pics! How old is she when you took photos? Keep up the good work. :bravo:

Update!
Hello again all!!!! Hope everyone had a pleasant and safe Easter/420 Celebration:smokin:

Alot has happened in my grow within the last week......... Now where to begin?:scratchinghead:

First I decided I was going to try a technique where you break a branch in order to train/beef it up...... that didnt go so well so i eneded up pruning those fan leaves off/ not to mention they were massive!!! and blocking all the light from other parts of the plant so I decided they had to go. Next I decided that instead of High Stress Training i'll go with Low Stress Training, and so far it has worked pretty well here are some pics of how she looks in the present time :
IMG_0192_1_3.JPG
IMG_0191_1_2.JPG

Now, for the problems I have been having:

1. I have noticed that some newer growth in just one area has started to turn Light Green on the inside of the leaf, and remains dark aound the edges:
IMG_0197_1_.JPG

2. Some of the new leaves that grow in curl downward:
IMG_0198_1_.JPG

should i be worried about this? possible nitrogen toxicity?

3. Lastly, I have started to encounter random holes in some of special queens leaves:
IMG_0200_1_1.JPG
IMG_0199_1_1.JPG

perhaps its burns from light? or maybe a bug of some kind? I have a DWC plant going next to the soil and she has started to develope strange holes as well any help is always appreciated!!!!:Namaste:

Picture 1 I am not sure about. I am thinking nitrogen toxicity on picture 2, and bugs on the holes in the leaves. :Namaste:
Thanks Colorado Kidd I'll definitely be feeding her less, but I haven't been feeding her a lot at all to be honest but hey every strain is different, also on the bugs wat should I be looking out for?? It can't be spidermites

Hey LionoFJudah, How's the grow going? Did the yellowing go away yet? I have that issue on my young seedlings but so far they grow out of it without doing anything, just watch them and they grow out of it after a week or so. Did you find out what was causing the holes in the leaves? I'm interested in what is happening to your babies. They look great overall and I think you're doing a great job. I recently transplanted 2 of mine into 3gal pots and they have just about recovered from the shock. I hope mine take off like yours did. :thumb:

Hey LionoFJudah, How's the grow going? Did the yellowing go away yet? I have that issue on my young seedlings but so far they grow out of it without doing anything, just watch them and they grow out of it after a week or so. Did you find out what was causing the holes in the leaves? I'm interested in what is happening to your babies. They look great overall and I think you're doing a great job. I recently transplanted 2 of mine into 3gal pots and they have just about recovered from the shock. I hope mine take off like yours did. :thumb:
Heya showdowman, to answer your question I actually just found the culprit a few minutes ago!!!:trance: after long periods of observing I was about to call it a day and BOOM! there it was here's a pic:
IMG_0247_1_2.JPG

I'm not entirely sure what this is or what to do about it any suggestions?:confused:

Update!!

So hello agin all, today special queen is 5 weeks old:rollit:, It has been about 6 days since the lighting cycle changed to 12/12, there are still no signs of pistils but she appears to be still growing which is a good sign I think.
IMG_0248_1_.JPG

I added additional CFLs to her (mixture of 13 & 20 watt 2700k & 5000k) the heat doesnt seem to be an issue as it stays around 78-80 degrees at anytime.
Does anyone know if pruning during flower hurts it?
Also here's a few pics of my DWC side project, it seems to be outperforming special queen by a long shot:
IMG_0243_1_1.JPG
IMG_0242_1_1.JPG

Enjoy my friends any comments or suggestions are welcome!:hippy:

Update:

So special queen is definatley looking way better, but i had lights fall on her about 4 days back and it broke off her top most node, so bsically she doesnt have a main cola now:whoa: Worst part is I have also been battling root rot in my DWC reservoir, and had to shave the whole root sytem in order to attempt to save the plant, but the worst is over hopefully:lot-o-toke:

I am concerned for special Queen as I am pretty sure that was a major amount of damage, and I am in the second week of 12/12 schedule, There are still no signs of pistils on either plant, and now my question for anyone that happens by this thread:
" should I expect a significant amount of time for flower now?:bitingnails:

Here's some pics of Special queen now:
IMG_0267_1_1.JPG

she is no longer droopy as she was in my last post, think that was due to under-watering

IMG_0266_1_2.JPG

IMG_0265_1_2.JPG

Thank you all for giving this thread a glance!! any help or suggestions welcome!!!!:hippy:

Nice root pic. They look good and healthy, is that the plant you shaved or a different one? Did you find out what the critter was that you captured? It looks like a mite of some sort, I'm just guessing by the way it looks. Did you find anymore of them or did you catch it early? Sorry to hear about your main cola breaking. Is it possible to switch back to veg and do some topping to gain more flower/bud sites?
Good luck my friend and I'll be watching closely to see how your grow is progressing. Other than the few setbacks you've had, I think you're doing an amazing job! I admire you for doing soil and hydro. :bravo:

Update!!!

so in the two week span since my last post Special queen HAS OFFICIALLY STARTED FLOWERING!!!:party:

SHE HAS COMPLETELY Healed from the main cola breaking etc... she just needed a extra week & 1/2 to get going

here are some pics of her yesterday:
IMG_0291_1_1.JPG

This was my first LST i felt it came out pretty good:cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_0296_1_1.JPG

heres a pic of what pistils she has so far...
IMG_0295_1_1.JPG

I Have been using my 150 watt hps bare bulb and so far special queen is responding Great!

Ph hasnt been a issue this grow so far, I dont even have to ph my water up after nutes majority of the time, because of the Dolomite lime i mixed into the soil at the very beginning!! but is a Ph of 7.0 bad? I figured it be right along the right ranges.

Thank you everyone for at least glancing at the thread!!:hippy:

@ shadowman the DWC that I was doing i ha to scrap her, because root rot couldnt be expelled, she just grew a whole new healthy root stalk and it would get infected a couple hours after contact with the water, and as for special queens cola she has started to flower so it wasnt that big of a setback just about a week or so:hippy:

Update!!!

so in the two week span since my last post Special queen HAS OFFICIALLY STARTED FLOWERING!!!:party:

SHE HAS COMPLETELY Healed from the main cola breaking etc... she just needed a extra week & 1/2 to get going

here are some pics of her yesterday:
IMG_0291_1_1.JPG

This was my first LST i felt it came out pretty good:cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_0296_1_1.JPG

heres a pic of what pistils she has so far...
IMG_0295_1_1.JPG

I Have been using my 150 watt hps bare bulb and so far special queen is responding Great!

Ph hasnt been a issue this grow so far, I dont even have to ph my water up after nutes majority of the time, because of the Dolomite lime i mixed into the soil at the very beginning!! but is a Ph of 7.0 bad? I figured it be right along the right ranges.

Thank you everyone for at least glancing at the thread!!:hippy:

I wouldn't let your soil ph get any higher than 7.0, 6.5-6.8 is more ideal. but if it holds at 7.0 steady, then I wouldn't fool with trying to lower it, you might get a rollercoaster effect going and then you'll be constantly messing with it. Glad she recovered and is starting to flower after your breakage. I feel your pain in losing your main cola. She does look very healthy though! Keep up the great job my friend!

Back
Top Bottom