Living in GA

Mr Mike

Life in Georgia is very horrible if a individual is in need of Medical Marijuana,, I pray that my wife gets the job in the Pacific NorthWest, in which she has been interviewed for and will be flying out for a face to face.... Thank God that it is a Medical Marijuana State... We both suffer from serve PAIN in our joints,,, my wife has RA in the c section(neck), I suffer from chronic pain in my knees, ankles, shoulders and back....I am an active male who enjoys the outdoors and being active sets the pain into hyper-drive and forget about sleeping.... Both of us were informed by a Dr in Pa that Medical Marijuana could help,,, PA is not a MM State,,, well I secured some and my wife , who was against all so called illegal stuff could not believe that a few puffs could relieve the pain and stress,,, unlike Vicodin (prescribed) which is very dangerous and addictive.... BUT due to Drug Screening she could only try it for less than a month( A Great Month at that,, no pain, sleeps like a baby etc and NO SIDE EFFECTS or Vicadin hangover when first awake in morning, not to mention our personal life together) We were on pins and needles that following month, due to random screenings... well we moved to Ga when she was offered a position there, we are currently looking to move to the PNW area.... Here in Ga they pull everyone and anyone over,,, search the vehicles etc all for the $$$$$$$ tickets etc... in fact in most of Ga the economy is the worst in the nation and there are no jobs available..and this is how the towns/cities etc get their revenue !!! And there is no way to get the required MEDS without a chance encounter with BIG BROTHER....FORGET about compassion down hear!!!!!! Bless you all and keep it real,,, lets not drop the ball on this... BE RESPONSIBLE

Mr Mike my friend, I wish you well in your quest to live legally without fear of prosecution in a State that appreciates it's citizens. I wish you well on your journey and please keep us posted on your progress.:goodluck:

Thank You,,, ..... Our family is excited about the possible move... I really don't dislike Ga,,, it is the POLICE here... We came down from PA and there is a big difference in cultures and human rights... I feel down right ashamed the way people of color are treated by the POLICE... I never seen so many Police anywhere,,everywhere in the bushes,, overpasses,,, EVERYWHERE. One very very very small town,,, I mean no way it is a town , has 6 Police Officers and last year made over 1/2 million in traffic fines alone,,, I've seen small town cops pull over the Sheriff for speeding,,, I AM NOT B.S ing one bit,, we even talked with the Deputy later to confirm this,,,The Police even treat each other totally indifferent,,, they don't even feel the bond to each other....It's all about $$$$$$$$$,,, with no industry, jobs etc.... they are like sharks looking for anything to fill the coffers !!! Why not Medical Marijuana , most of the state is agricultural anyway, they'll get more than $1/lb (Cotton ) and can open up a whole industry,, along with sugar cane for Bio-fuels (BraziL) you can see the difference in prices almost $1 gal between gasoline and Bio fuel there ??? This means JOBS, JOBS, JOBS !!! JOBS equal Happy PEOPLE = FREE THINKING PEOPLE = AMERICA !!!!!!

I agree I used to live in Miami Bch and would not even stop for gas while driving through Georgia. The Police have their hands full now because the Drug Cartels have picked Atlanta (The Gateway to the South) as one of their distribution centers to flood the streets with their poison. :goodluck:

Wow, yall dissin' Georgia like that. Although I currently live in the desert southwest in a state that just passed the medical marijuana law, Georgia was my home for 20+ years and I gotta say, I never experienced the problems you mention.
My wife suffers from back injuries and seizures due to a brain injury from a car accident, smokes regularly and it provides better relief than all the meds out there. One night while driving home we were pulled over as she was smoking, the officer smelled and asked who was smoking pot. I explained to the officer that there was marijuana in the car and why, I flat out asked the officer to look the other way so to speak. He told me "in the future, wait until you get home", and let us go.
And as far as people of color, the least racist place I have ever lived. Recently a customer from Alabama & I were talking football, I'm a Bulldog fan, he likes Auburn. We were laughing & cutting up and later a coworker says to me, "he seemed pretty nice for a black guy." To me that was kind of a wow moment, in Georgia, he would've just been a nice guy. Here he was a nice guy in spite of being black?
Mr Mike, from your post I would guess that you live near Cartersville or Emerson. There's a stretch of I-75 between Kennesaw and Cartersville that is famous for getting pulled over mainly because it is a thoroughfare for drug smuggling. A lot of them exit I-75 north of Cobb county and take Hwy 41 up to Cartersville to get back to I-75 just to avoid it. That's why Emerson has so many police officers.
I guess it's all relative, there's good and bad everywhere. If we all just be responsible it's the best we can do.
Regards deacn

I am not disrespecting Ga,,, IN fact I like the people here,,,, just that this is a POLICE STATE and if you live in ARIZONA it is pretty much the same... I lived in many different states and countries and the truth be told have extensive background in the Law Enforcement/Corrections field.... I lived in Phila and it has changed for the worst,,, in my opinion most the world is changing for the worst,,, including our beloved own country.... We are now living in a Police State of a nation,,, and since the Patriot Act we now have the same rights a the U.K.,,, which can be twisted to fit anything in the name of National Security..... Sorry if I come off strongly,,, just been around the block a few times and took notes... Our FREEDOM is as dust in the wind,,, damn storms abrewing,, could be a nor-easter... Here is a thought to ponder If the drug cartels can smuggle in drugs and control the southern border and the exotic animal trade is booming,,, why have we not been a target since 911..........just a thought????? Why are people buying bottled water???? Look at the enviro damage and the civil liberties abuse in our own country and abroad from bottled water... not to mention all that plastic ... no we can only move so far and in the end like a flood everywhere will be covered,,, Noah isn't building an ark,,, wood prices are to high and can't get a permit to build....LOL

Correct Wingman420,,, so what do we do... we need to get the drug cartels out....we need to spread the word that MMJ is a natural and time tested medicine... That is going to be hard with all the cartels etc...goes back to that evil man Henry Alslinger (I forgot his name,, 1st Drug Czar) and his racist ways towards non=whites,,,, now we have Mexican Cartels a loop effect ,,, see I told you so attitude.... LEGALIZE IT,,, the alcohol companies will fight us and they got the money,,, then you have the people who only follow what they are told, and they don't have the time or even care to find out the truth.... In todays world 99% of humans are struggling to survive,, it is hard enough to keep track of your family with mostly every household working 2 or more jobs.. I remember back in the 70's Pres Carter (Great Man) the tabacco companies were growing and they were looking into adverts for the possible legalization of Marijuana... I remember High Times doing a story with photos, the companies had there grows in a secure area, very simuliar to what the USAF had for security for weapons systems. Then came along the Middle East IRAN problems... Carter was out Mr Reagan took over and now you know the rest of the story......We have to do something,, I do not know what to do,,, I am willing to support the cause, but it has to be in a different state then here. I am not a coward,,, just smart enough not to be a target at this point. ALSO everywhere is a distribution point for the cartels, don't forget N. Carolina was one of the easiest states to get a drivers lic in ,,,, many mexicans have illegal drivers lic from NC... and they are in all the states... That is a FACT,,, it's getting better but once there in the system they can blend in and transfer lic's from state to state.

I agree my friend and as the grandson of an immigrant I want people to come to America but not make billions selling us illegal drugs. Look at Holland the citizens there are safe and prosperous. If we legalize and regulate we eliminate underground traffic. Look at the liquor industry no minor can obtain even a beer due to legaliztion and regulation. We will make America safer and more prosperous by changing Laws prohibiting Marijuana. We are still living under draconian laws enacted by people who were misinformed and have not been alive for generations. We must all vote and elect people who will effect positive change or run ourselves wherever possible.
Youre a good man Mr Mike and maybe it is possible to act locally enacting MMJ legislation in Georgia. I am sure that many citizens would benefit from Medical Marijuana in every State across the Nation.:goodluck:

Welcome aboard,Things have a way of working out(at least I hope)with any luck at all you will move life will go on and you will look back and shack your head at "that time in the south" good luck.
br

I do like it in the SOUTH,,, most people are people anywhere you go...in fact the citizens of Georgia are some of the nicest people I have been around,,,, It blew our minds when we meet people who dress like Gang Bangers ,,, and they are respectful here ??? In Philly you would not get this ??? NYC either goes for Baltimore etc..... I mean here in Ga,,, 99% of the citizens are outwardly polite and respectful.... But the South East is not my cup of tea,,, and long for the Western States , been to long and I am getting older and older and older......I hate this getting old stuff,,, the body is old and the mind is young,,, that is truely a terrible thing that we all go through...... keeping my fingers crossed that we get the positions we applied for,,,,
Happy Holidays to All

It was not my favorite place at all.
br

Back
Top Bottom