600W LED vs. 600W HPS by Be Irie

Keith Lake

420 Emeritus
420 Staff
Welcome to @Be Irie's demonstration of 600w LED. This grow will compare 600w capability against 600 watt HPS.

@Be Irie was 420 Magazine's first quadruple crown contest winner, claiming Member, Plant, and Nug of the month honors as well as Nug of the year; before we co opted him for staff ;)

1) LED Details.

• ------------ recommends to not exceed a distance of 30" inches from the canopy in vegetative phase and 16" in flowering.
  • Operational light gaps to be determined by Be IRIE
  • Approximate coverage Area of 5.5' x 4.5' and 4' x 3' core saturation.
  • Size: 34" x 13" x 2.5"
  • Weight: 33 pounds
  • Running without glass shield in place
2) HID Details
  • Eye Hortilux 600 watt HPS
  • Will be used for veg and flower
  • Ballast is a Lumatek MH/HPS electronic 600 with enclosed vented hood
  • Possible MH may become available for veg, and will be used if possible
3) Strains - one clone of each type per tent
  • Subcool- Chernobyl
  • Subcool- Third Dimension
  • Private seed collection- OG Snocap
  • Mandala seeds- Satori
4) Key Details and Other Parameters:
  • Tents are 4' x 4' x 7'
  • 4 plants per tent total using LST
  • Total veg time before flowering will be 9-12 weeks
  • After veg, HPS plants will be removed from tents and walled off in isolation flower room (preventing light bleed)
  • Nutes are Be IRIEs secret organic blend
  • Transplanting up to 5 gallon containers as needed
5) Objective

• The point of this grow is to maximize net dry weight
  • Be IRIE's discretion to alter any setpoints or targets during the grow
  • Indicas will be harvested individually when trichomes are approximately 50/50 amber/cloudy and Sativas when 25/75 cloudy/amber
6) Netiquette

• 420 Magazine's Forum Posting Guidelines apply
  • Bashing, flaming, or arguing on the part of any parties will result in an immediate ban. There will be no LED flame wars in this thread
  • HPS vs. LED comparison discussion are welcome - please keep comments constructive and positive

re: 420 Consumer Reports Competition - GrowLEDHydro's 600W LED vs. 600W HPS by Be Irie

Nice!, ill be watching.

re: 420 Consumer Reports Competition - GrowLEDHydro's 600W LED vs. 600W HPS by Be Irie

:popcorn: I'm aboard for the ride. Been anticipating this for a while now. Thanks for putting in the effort to demonstrate this for the community, Be IRIE! :bravo:

Thanks everyone for tuning in. I apologize for taking much longer then I anticipated to get this going. Life has been crazy and breaking down the grow room for bug decon took a lot longer then expected. A friend is coming over tomorrow to help me take care of a few of the Two person jobs around the room. Then it should be little minor adjustments to dial everything in.
Ok, some of the basics... The clones were put into soil two days ago and have been under their perspective lights getting their feet under them. I have both lights around 30" off the tops of the plants and will start to drop the lights to find the sweet spots.. I have also decided to throw in a Subcool Flav ( from seed) under each light.....
I will start getting up pics and get this journal started.... I am not a good technical person, so you guys may want to aim those towards some of the technical peeps... :hookah: I will do my best to answer what I can and will always be open to suggestions. Hope everyone had an IRIE 4th and enjoyed the long weekend.....
:blunt:

Go grow em Irie, The whole world is watching ! At least the important people ! :thumb:

Way to go IRIE, I have been waiting to see this done for awhile now. Im glad someone has the patience and willingness to pull it off. Good luck to ya.

flo

I am in goodluck! REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR TOWLIE LOL

Be, thank you for stepping to the plate and for all your hard work on this endeavor.

I got a pretty good idea of how much work is involved, so it's very appreciated.

and thank you, Mike at GrowLEDHydro, for donating the LED light.

this is gonna be good ;)

dog gone right I am in.
Am I allowed to ask questions?

Back
Top Bottom