LMAO Cloning For Dummies

Want to take the guesswork out of lighting? Pick up a Lux meter. They measure the light intensity at a given distance. Used in combo with a digital point and shoot laser thermometer, you can adjust lights for optimal Light while ensuring temps at canopy aren't too hot.

It's an eye opener. Light intensity can change dramatically from one spot in you grow area to the next. After I got mine I abandoned the idea of scrog netting because I saw a need to be able to rotate plants so they get even light.

If you are too hot at canopy while not getting enough light, you know you need more or different lighting for greatest yeild.

Veg... 15,000 to 40,000 lux
Flower... 30,000 to 60000 lux

Yea....thought about those but so many options and ups and downs and so expensive

Mars hydro a sponsor of this site has a nice range of led lights that are affordable. I use their mars ll 900. Biggest downside is i have to use a bit more micro nutes because the plants seems to suck up more calcium. I use the general hydroponics trio and with about an extra tsp of micro my girl is thriving under her light.

Your plant started to one micronutrients more because when you switch from high pressure sodium or metal halide over to LED it does not give the same vitamins through the Rays some other lights do calcium is something that you must add if you are using LEDs for Coco

Almost any time you use LEDs you're going to want to add Cal Mag but I think I already have you doing this even though you're not under LED

I'll see what this 1000w does as far as heat and things...I'd like led just for the heat issue and electric bill but just don't know how big of one I'd need or have 2 of them in there or what brand and spectrum and blah blah blah

I am chopping up bud off of a plant I went to go put them in for jars 32oz and realized three buds filled up the entire jar almost no room you got to see this
420-magazine-mobile1179438371.jpg
420-magazine-mobile255638871.jpg

Since you would actually need more than one LED light to cover that space my suggestion and this would just be my suggestion would it be get a full spectrum in red with the UV and the IRS get a set of full spectrum clear and then they also have orange and blue and I think there's a few others to choose from to but you would need roughly about 1500 actual watts

My biggest grow will be 2 plants in a 4×4 tent so my 1 900 full spectrum is all i need. I can pull 10 - 15 oz. Off 2 plants so thats all im worried about

It doesn't matter how many plants you have it always comes back to square footage in my opinion with 8 plants in there your not gaining more product as much as you are shortening your veg

For the run off of your plants. I dont wanna rott my bloom room floor. Would cost a few hundred to fix someone told me a drain plug squdgezee and pond liner

I kinda made a platform for mine to sit on with a pot saucer under it to catch runoff...of course I'll have to figure something else out when I have the room full
420-magazine-mobile1870944426.jpg

It's just tall enough and wide enough to slide that in and out...I cut a square hole out and used the bottom of a milk crate to sit the bucket on so water flows thru it and into the saucer then when it's done I slide it out empty it slide it back in...I don't really deal with runoff tho cause I feed everyday

Back
Top Bottom