Long or shorter journals?

AKgramma

What kind of journal do you all like to follow?

1) A long continual grow that ends up over 100 pages long or

2) A strain or training method - specific journal that is a lot less than 100 pages, and is retired as each grow/experiment is completed? The siggy will end up with a longer list of hyperlinks to former journals.

:hmmmm:

That's a tuffy

Some threads get 100posts a day, mostly just gabbing and such, but have lots of followers

Others lots less but usually because not as many followers

Both have Merritt's for sure

I like both, at times. Information on HOW TO, or HOW I DID IT, are always great for sure. I don't usually follow any off topic threads, Sue is about the only one

So think it's really about what YOU like

My problem is that Mother Nature decided to sprout some seeds in a bin stored outside, and so I ended up with two overlapping journals. Both are pretty specific, but I don't know if it is worth the time to keep up two smaller journals in the future.

On the other hand, some journals are so big that it's hard to find the post you're looking for. It's easier to go to their Gallery and find the date of the pic, THEN hunt for the specific post during that time period.

Personally, I prefer the sorter, more specific journal, but before I go that route in the future, it will depend on what others want, for research purposes.

I have one big one, am trying Coco for the 1st time, but decided against a new shorter one

I'm doing a comparative grow and never actually post those pics in MY thread...lol

I think shorter smaller is nice, but if lots of people follow you then it gets big all on it's own

I personally don't like a thread that shows start to finish, like a book, in 4 posts...lol, defeats the purpose for me I guess.
Now a how to like that I do like...

I don't have a personal preference. I've posted in both formats and wouldn't call one more successful than the other. Although neither are successful for me as far as interaction with the community goes. My current journal is still my very first journal.

Back
Top Bottom