Looking for a list by climate of seeds that will most likely grow well

GrowNMo

I have gone through some, maybe not all descriptions of strains by name , most of them i am not familiar with. Anyone seen a list that describes the climate and seeds that would have the best chance of growing well? This is for outdoor consideration vs. indoor.

For instance: Southeast US; Conditions: hot, humid, summer rains: temperatures in summer 85 degrees +, 90 % + humidity , intermittent rain throughout summer:

Best Strain: Sativa or Sativa dominant, Indica, etc.

Recommended strains are: , , ,

Thanks if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Hi @GrowNMo and welcome to the forum! :welcome:
You will find that a vast majority of the hybridized seeds available today were created with just this in mind, so that these new varieties would grow well in the USA and in Europe. I have never run into a problem with a seed not able to be grown in Missouri, but with a few geographically based varieties, the closer you can get to native conditions, such as when trying to grow out a Hawaiian variety, the better it will do.

Honestly i would contact the breeders themselves and ask recommendations for your climate. I've actually received very enthusiastic responses. Note i said the breeders not the seed banks.
Some breeders specialize in tropical or heat tolerant strains and some are sitting in Holland assuming it'll grow in the Southeast US because it works for them on their 70° summer days LOL.
I know that Mandala Seeds and The Landrace Team both specialize in heat tolerant strains.
Cheers

Also, forgot to say
Ask what they have that will work in your climate and meet your medicinal goals.
Like, if you live somewhere really hot and are looking for something to help with insomnia or pain relief, etc may take you to a different strain than say something for warm weather and depression, etc.
Most of the equatorial strains are very cerebral and uplifting and most of the cool weather strains offer pain relief and rest BUT the breeders are constantly coming out with crosses to create plants that can deliver what you want for your climate, etc.
End rant LOL

I think Grow Weed Easy has strains by region. I ordered Ace Seeds hybrids that do well in humid conditions. They have them rated as to what latitude it can be grown and how resistant it is. Panama, African and other countries of origin. Most are 11 to 14 week flower but some are earlier.

Back
Top Bottom