Looking for advise - First grow - Have room

cnile

I have a 10' x 12' room with a 2' x 4' closet. its standard ceiling, 8 foot.

i was thinking clones and mother in closet with t12's and divide the main room in half for a veg and flower with 600wmh/hps in each(at least 1 bulb a room to start), cover walls with Mylar and carpet with a tarp until hopefully replace with moisture barrier and laminate floor.

supplies for room
Tempature control
71Bqai9GoOL_SL1500_.jpg

humidity control
61FEvsCnxOL_SL1034_.jpg

i might use some heat shield, the outside temp where i am is low
61QuATs53dL_SL1500_.jpg

ok onto questions:

I would love to focus on quality of final product and yield but also time so with that setup i was thinking:

a jack herer sativa strain

Low stress training - once into veg under 600w mh do you think that may be productive, i will be limited in the NUMBER of plants i can grow.

The medium and nutrients is hard for me to choose, what is recommended?
soil/soil-less/hydro?

I cannot easily compost where I am or buy locally.

It is more often a problem of freeze rather than heat where i am, especially incoming fresh air.

i have a triple osmosis filter on water.

and obtaining the seeds is difficuly, any suggestions? i want real quality seeds and quality product to mother a garden. i would much rather focus on quality rather than price regarding seeds.

another thought, is a sativa with LST training a good fit for someone new to growing?

You have a good plan here Keep it.
Just one little word of advice. Why not start with less, it is not easy to start with everything TOP and expect everything will go juuuust fine and then ..what if the very expensive seed died?
When you say "focus on time" you mean, grow fast or let the plant take its time to grow?

Keep your idea , as I said it is a good plan.
But start off with a seed which is a good start off point for beginners, and go from there.
I don't know in which part of the world you live, but here we have sponsors and they have seedbanks. You order online and pay with the method of your choice and they will send it to you. Nothing showing it is cannabis (if you live in an illegal country)

Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE (R) - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking

The best Jack Herer is the original from Sensi Seeds. Expensive but everyone says it's an amazing strain.
Your veg space needs only to be about 1/2 the size of your flowering room. I agree with Angry Bird- makes sense to start small with a single plant while you set up.

thanks for all advice.

I cant get the sensi seeds jack herer.
sensi seeds is where i tried to go my first go around, they dont ship to the USA!!!! damn it all. so im stuck with like msnl or nirvana. unless one of you guys here have a better option for awesome strains. seed banks are not in my area and clones i dont have readily available either.

thanks

Hmmm... There are many great sativa leaning strains. One that pops into mind at the moment is Panama by Ace Seeds. Mine isn't in flowering yet but I've heard nothing but amazing reports about this strain.

I'm new to this so not much to base my opinion on, but IMHO keep it simple if it is your first time (the old K.I.S.S. 'keep it simple, stupid") and do it the old fashioned way in soil type medium. As PH and Nutes and stuff is a lot more forgiving in soil medium than in various hydro type mediums, after you get the hang of reading what your plant wants/needs (and potentially a few put into shock by overdoing something or screwing up measuring: water, nutes, temperature, humidity, etc.. etc...) then you can move up to the more sophisticated ways of growing if so desired at that point. You can go hi-tech to increase quality/yield, but you can also make a bunch of dead weeds that not worth smoking as they hadn't got to flower yet if you are still learning ;). Knowledge of gardening prior can help to a point, but it doesn't follow all the rules as it is a Weed after all and can survive in crappy conditions out in the wild, so some things the same and some are not it appears (but like I said I"m new and still reading stuff around here, vast amounts of knowledge here but like most things in life I tend to only learn the hard way as it sticks quicker that way for me ;) :rofl: ).

Back
Top Bottom