Looking for expert advice for new grower

UrbanGardner

Hey All. I am a novice grower in the midst of my first grow. Let me provide some background. I am in week 9 of flower and week 14 overall. I am growing Lemon AK Auto from FastBuds. I am growing in FFOF in a 3 gal smart pot using the FF trio for nutes. I have a 2x2 tent and MH SP150. My temp is steady at 69F and RH 46%. My watering schedule is nutes every other watering. I use a 2L soda bottle. that is enough water to provide runoff with a whole bottle. When I fertilize I use around 7ml of Tiger Bloom and 15ml of Big Bloom. I also add a heaping teaspoon of Grandmas Molasses to each 2 L of water. With that said here is my issue. I started seeing small brown spots on my leaves in week 12. So I flushed and resumed my regular schedule. I had to head out of town last Saturday 5/9 returned yesterday 5/13. When I checked on the plant it looked like hell!!!!! Does anyone have any diagnosis on this? I would be interested to hear about the tiny spots prior to my trip and after my trip. Is it normal to progress so quickly? I watered her as soon as I got home. Pot was bone dry. Thanks in advance. I look forward to your feedback.

Saturday May 9thThursday May 14th
4.jpg
1.jpg
5.jpg
2.jpg
6.jpg
3.jpg

It does look like a calcium deficiency from here too. I would add some calmag along with the FF to give her what she is craving as she finishes out the buds. If you have been scrimping on the FF nutes and not following the recommended feeding schedule because this is an Auto, you now see the result. This is a hungry plant at her hungriest time. Feed her well, right up to the end. Good call on the flush too... a salt buildup may have initially set up the problem to occur. Are the spots getting worse or just staying there looking ugly?

Thanks for the responses. I will get some Cal-Mag. Other than a calcium supplement, what other supplements should add to my feeding schedule? I appreciate the advice about increasing the nutrients. My biggest concern is the spots went from minimal and barely visible to a much more severe case in 4 days. I left a fairly healthy apparently hungry plant and came home to a ravaged damaged plant. I am just amazed on the quick decline!!

ffof can last about 3 months it all depends on how much of what the plants eating
and how big it is, thats long for an auto you can do a photo in the same time.
as far as if your getting real close to harvest i wouldnt bother itll take awhile in soil for you to see any recovery in the plant
as its a soil grown plant the reaction will be and show slowly. and usually during the last week or 2 before harvest you dont feed the plant anyway because youll be in flush mode and while its flushing it will eat nutrients from the leaves
just a thought

Thanks for the responses. I will get some Cal-Mag. Other than a calcium supplement, what other supplements should add to my feeding schedule? I appreciate the advice about increasing the nutrients. My biggest concern is the spots went from minimal and barely visible to a much more severe case in 4 days. I left a fairly healthy apparently hungry plant and came home to a ravaged damaged plant. I am just amazed on the quick decline!!
when you flushed you opened the floodgates... the plant got really active again, and this appeared. Its not so much a mystery as to why it hit so fast. Regarding a long term flush at the end... feeding the plant nothing to somehow clean the plant of all nutrients... that is old school. Now we know that to get the full expression of the plant, just like in an organic grow, nutrients are called for right to the end.

sorry im old lol
and i also do hydro and i flush hydro
i also do outdoor supersoil which i cant really say its flushed cause its supersoil in raised beds

Hey All. I am a novice grower in the midst of my first grow. Let me provide some background. I am in week 9 of flower and week 14 overall. I am growing Lemon AK Auto from FastBuds. I am growing in FFOF in a 3 gal smart pot using the FF trio for nutes. I have a 2x2 tent and MH SP150. My temp is steady at 69F and RH 46%. My watering schedule is nutes every other watering. I use a 2L soda bottle. that is enough water to provide runoff with a whole bottle. When I fertilize I use around 7ml of Tiger Bloom and 15ml of Big Bloom. I also add a heaping teaspoon of Grandmas Molasses to each 2 L of water. With that said here is my issue. I started seeing small brown spots on my leaves in week 12. So I flushed and resumed my regular schedule. I had to head out of town last Saturday 5/9 returned yesterday 5/13. When I checked on the plant it looked like hell!!!!! Does anyone have any diagnosis on this? I would be interested to hear about the tiny spots prior to my trip and after my trip. Is it normal to progress so quickly? I watered her as soon as I got home. Pot was bone dry. Thanks in advance. I look forward to your feedback.

Saturday May 9thThursday May 14th
4.jpg
1.jpg
5.jpg
2.jpg
6.jpg
3.jpg
if it appears to be a calcium deficiency

Back
Top Bottom