Looking for some input on trimming back a plant

go4snypr

Hey all. Here is my situation. I took a clone a while back from a flowering plant. It had slow growth and some deficiencies while re-vegging. I am now looking at putting this plant into flower, but it has gotten away from me with its height. The top third of the plant is very nice looking as I have straightened out all of the deficiencies. The bottom two thirds is showing a lot of dead leaves and small leaves. This plant is standing over 5 ft tall and I am thinking of cutting it back by 2 feet. I have never done anything like this before and I am wondering what the effects may be. Is 1 week enough time to let it recover before I flower it, or is cutting that much off risking the whole plant?? I will get a picture later today. Has anyone ever taken a couple of feet off of their plant?? Especially the nice new growth?

I wouldn't be as worried about how much you're taking, add much as how long she has to recover before bloom. I've taken a lot of plant before in one cutting, just need time to heal.... Chop, chop....

Sure. In the past I've just macheted them down to whatever height I want, done a little rearranging and tying back of the remaining limbs to get a shape I want, and let it sprout up again. I wouldn't really expect it to be regrown into a decent canopy in a week though. Another option maybe is to just bend the plant into a shape you want? With a little supercropping to weaken the stems, and careful bending, you can probably bring it down lower.

well, I will have to consider my options then.. I would like to flower in the next week or two, but this thing is out of control. My screen is only 4 x4 and this plant will stick out the sides for sure. Its sister went into flower 4 weeks ago and it barely fit the screen.

Back
Top Bottom