Love2grow28 DWC Recirculating Greenhouse Cheese Grow Journal - 2018

Hi, stoned don't think explained myself properly lol,

Yes I washed the Hydroton like you wouldn't believe, I soaked it in a ph solutions for 48 hours I'm ocd for perfection,

I'm very educated on all ways of growing, just my first time doing hydro mate,

I Pre-soaked my Rockwool in ph and very mild plantstart solution,

I soaked seeds on Sat 30th December 2017, for 24 hours then planted in Rockwool,

I only put in system with no water at first as had no where else,

I'm using plant start, liquid oxygen to keep water clean and to add oxygen, and liquid silicone at the min it's between .4 .6 EC, to high I feel for this early dumping it tomorrow for, RADICAL ROOTS AND LIQUID OX AND PLAIN PH WATER, going to lower it inch below net pot,

Want to thank you thou for your suggestions and help much appreciated mate ✌️, hope your going stayed tuned and keep chiming in stay medicated.

Ph running 5.6 to 6.0 peace ✌️

Ph is broken again not best impressed as I only just got it, losing the will to live right now!! Ahhhhh if money wasn't a problem I'd spend £50 on one at this rate would of spent 50 on shit ones haha god help me .

"OCD for perfection" lol......you sound like me!

my bad bro, i didn't realize how on the ball you are with dwc....you're doing all the same prep stuff I do! we gotta swap some notes lol

your right, your EC is prob too high...

I've never used any of the nute and additive products you are using....I've heard of the liquid oxygen so I'm really interested to see how well that works.

yeah man I'm following your grow...should be sick!

shit sorry to hear that. i bought a cheap $30 ph pen and it was fucked from the start....it arrived dry lol. I then splashed out $150 on a bluelab combo meter and it changed my life.

Do you have the green liquid dropper ph tester...basic as fuck but VERY cheap and you will be able to get the ph pretty close....

"OCD for perfection" lol......you sound like me!

my bad bro, i didn't realize how on the ball you are with dwc....you're doing all the same prep stuff I do! we gotta swap some notes lol

your right, your EC is prob too high...

I've never used any of the nute and additive products you are using....I've heard of the liquid oxygen so I'm really interested to see how well that works.

yeah man I'm following your grow...should be sick!

Yeah man we should bro add me we can message anytime need some friends at the min I'm a loner haha, really busy at min catch up soon, was going to change out to plain water but crappy ph pen died again!! Lost the will to live need to re order one then doing it plain water and root hormone your roots are beautiful mate.

shit sorry to hear that. i bought a cheap $30 ph pen and it was fucked from the start....it arrived dry lol. I then splashed out $150 on a bluelab combo meter and it changed my life.

Do you have the green liquid dropper ph tester...basic as fuck but VERY cheap and you will be able to get the ph pretty close....

Alright bud and I know bro they are crap just wish I have the financials to buy a good one fair decent one for £40 over here,

What is green liquid ph dropper as never heard of it buddy,

Could really do with So advices as they're not looking to good, I think it may be because they are in shock from me Lower the Rockwool in the Hydroton, been a couple days and there not happy, changed the light to 18/6, not sure she's liking it tbh, will upload some pics when I can peace ✌️

they have lots on the north american amazon....this is the only one i can find on the UK amazon. maybe you can find an equivalent but a European manufacturer...
PH Test Kit Liquid 30ml - ECO: Amazon.co.uk: Lighting

i would leave the light at 18/6, i don't think that is your problem. I run all of my seedlings at 18/6 as soon as I get them into rockwool. what light are you using for your seedlings and how close is it....just don't over power them too early.

are your leaves droopy at all....like the plants have been over watered? send some pics of the leaves when you get a chance plz. don't move them in the hydroton again, if you think the rockwool is too low in the net pot and getting too moist, just lower the water level in the res a bit.** i think your problem is over saturation. the rockwool and first roots are getting too soggy. i could be wrong but I used to have that issue when starting seedlings in the hydroton, it was hard to tell from your pics but your roots looked like mine did when I would over saturate them. **Not trying to tell you what to do, that's just what i would do...

Getting seedlings to root in the hydroton still gives me a little trouble...i would have to set up a top feed drip to keep the rockwool and tiny roots moist until they grew to the bottom of the net pot where the moisture is....i don't like getting the water level higher than the bottom of the net pot, i find it always over saturates the roots.

If I can make a humble suggestion - I always grow my roots a bit before putting them into the hydroton and net pots. I'll grow the roots 3-4 inches and that way when I put them into the hydroton and net pots a few of the roots are already poking out of the bottom of the net pot already, and you can leave the water level 3-4 inches below the net pot. get a small plastic container (deep enough to cover an air stone with a few inches of water. cut some holes in the top of the container to fit whatever rockwool you are using. squeeze the rockwool (already containing the seedling) into a hole, and suspend it 2-3 inches above the water. turn on the air pump and make sure that the tiny water bubbles are hitting the bottom of the rockwool. bang, you just made yourself an aero cloner....works great with clones as well.

IMG_445116.JPG

The picture of the plant roots in my cloner that I just posted yesterday....I just put those clones into the hydroton and net pots yesterday...the roots are poking out the bottom of the pot so I'm good to go already...I have the water level 3 inches below the net pots so no danger of the rockwool getting over saturated.

Bro, plz don't take all these suggestions the wrong way - we each have our own methods and I don't like being told to change my methods either! but, I've already been though the problems you're having now, and I've figured out solutions that give me 100% success rates (so far)! So when I really push the aero cloner and the Dyna-Grow KLN, it's because it has taken my seedling and cloning game to the next level.

5dc8550c5ac23ff971c629e227501511.jpg
b13d68b18e70efeee02a6160a8a4d111.jpg
22b23ccba53fbb3be476c86d7df26950.jpg
be7912c349f3115f79cde140e28646b7.jpg
7634e3e2eeb7a4bea9504b0a245b0e17.jpg
e3cc7a0a3f587d4117ec74c104e6686d.jpg
7634e3e2eeb7a4bea9504b0a245b0e17.jpg

I would say overwatering I've drop the level really low so they can dry out also changed light to 24 hours to keep temps up once established and they are back happy will set it all up properly just joke with the situation I have at the minuteNot really much space to move that's smashing your head to pieces peace ✌️

Appreciate all suggestions and lesson learnt i didn't want to put them in I just had no where else for them, but I will make sure that I have something for next time, I've got my jack herer seeds and I'm close to just killing theses cheese plants as much as I don't want to there so slow, or maybe it's me being impatient, getting stressed with them but I'm sure it's me making beginner mistakes in the dwc side of things they where happier when I had the res at the top bubble away they where dancing in the light .,

I have literally lowered it to the wear it can't even wick, only put light 24 hours at it can get as cold as 12c with it off so just to get them drying out going to keep top feeding until roots drop out the bottom until they don't I ain't topping res up and if they don't there getting binned, there really healthy so that's not going to be a option I think but I'm impatient lol, sure they will pick up now peace ya'll of to smoke some lemon amnesia and chill out cause I'm pissed there where happy you listen to advice and everything just stops I should of let roots established first important first lesson learnt haha peace my homies,

And thanks guys appreciated everything ph pen be here in few hours drama over haha .

the plants look pretty good, i think you`re being a little impatient...some seedlings get stunted or are just slow starters. If 13.8C is your res water temp, it`s too cold! That`s prob why the plants are stunted a bit. should have your res at 18C-22C....18C-20C is optimal.

I`ve top fed by hand before when i couldn`t be bothered to set up the top feed drip. works just as good. i used a 3ml dropper so i didn`t drench them each time...

The only thing you need in there are bubbles to keep it a high humidity environment that roots love, don't need it to which and actually it will slow her down. You want the roots to be like hmm, I'm slightly moist, but if I dig a little deeper into this hydroton shit, I'll find more water, and they will find the res. You just want the water a few inches below the bottom of your net pot, the bubbles will keep the media moist. Once the roots hit the water she'll explode with growth.

Yeah I know 13 too cold low I didn't switch Heater back on and when it's was at 20c before everyone said was too warm lol, I sorted that already turned it on I lowered it and just keep misting room peace ✌️

Thanks guys yes I was kind of on that track and yes it each pot is bubbling away and water is below net pot, I kept hand watering from top properly should stop that now, just going to let it do it's thing now to dry out and hopefully bring some roots down, just hoping that happens soon seems like they should be out especially when I put them basically on the bottom of net pot, I added snoops radical roots to res to help boost them abit ., appreciated peeps

Update!

Hello my fellow stoners and growers alike .,

Yeah my temps are good, I just drained the full lot pull it all apart and reset everything up from scratch clean all pots ect as best I could in small space, there was brown residue on bottom of pots and on air lines,

I take it that is just nutrient residue as the plant start was brown? Any ideas peeps sure that's what it is not slimy sure it's nutrients,

I prepared some fresh water over 24hours ago, added liquid oxygen 1ml litre, liquid oxygen 1ml litre and snoops radical roots 1ml litre, ph to 5.5 - 5.6, EC 0.4 PPM 200, and water is now only minimal way below net pot but popping of bubbles just touches bottom,

Sure I had it to high and RECIRC lines where pouring into net pot sorted that now, hoping they pick up now, still not root out the bottom that's really stressing me out, when you think I will see some roots, time wise, surely this time next week if I ain't got roots out the bottom somethings up?,

Thanks to everyone chiming in, I see ya'll it's much appreciated my worldwide homies,

Here's some pics from today, and yes I know there wet, I foliage feed with snoops radical roots to try help, they won't burn CFL lol,

Peace out ✌️ stay medicated.

Love2grow28

52549a1b369213f4fa37da3ed57957d7.jpg
w
5ff525430c5c55f75952b2726abbeee4.jpg
7657ef7e4bb72f95194a6728a94ef716.jpg
5f9df0391b98f854be2d73744958d5b1.jpg

Oh yeah I'm feeling good about this now,

Check on them this morning and net pots are just a little bit wet, can see the bubbles popping and just spraying little bits of water just feels right now,

Feel like I could just leave it a weekend and come back to it Monday and see if I have roots, couple looking really good other couple not so I'm confident they will pick up, ppm 200 and EC 0.4, ph 5.5 and temps bang on so pics from today, 1 day difference between pics above and the ones below, enjoy hope everyone is still following, just me guys once roots emerge we will all need to hold onto our seats ., cause she will take off (I hope),

Lesson definitely learn for overwatering, less is more even with water levels live by that lol,

Peace hope you guys are enjoying my grow, I love posting and keeping you guys informed, just can't wait to see some monster buds and beautiful looking trees . ✌️.

448e4b2e5399f63cdb82c990248e62fd.jpg
746e13f2c7636c9fa4cbf4512e5a540d.jpg
635c7f08dfd6415e5187777969f035fb.jpg
46907abdc9dac97f1698a7a54f00be56.jpg
63d0211b5e988a65960289422d5cde0d.jpg
a30034b2c254351b7d70c2ea5b416343.jpg
891540f5e0d6ab8b6410f231ea10fcd0.jpg

Love2grow28 over and out!

"You can go into any drugstore in any city in the nation and you'll find any drug you want, and they will be more addictive and worse for you than cannabis, Woody Harrelson"

The residue was most likely from the hydroton. It requires that you rinse then thoroughly before using as all that dust from manufacturing will get into your res. Seems like you should be in good shape, that's exactly how you want the water, just high enough that the bubbles keep the hydroton below the plant wet. The ladies will be rocking out in no time

Back
Top Bottom