Lucky First Time Grower

CharlieRoss

I am a week into my first grow that I will be able to devote myself to as I was married the only other grow I was involved with, nuff said as I'm sure many of you understand. I lucked into a 4x4 and a 2x4 tent along with fan/filter and a 600w and 300w LED for free. Currently I have 8 plants sprouted in solo cups in the 2x4 tent with the 300w LED. They are random seeds from my smoke bags and I'm hoping for 4 females. I plan to keep the best looking female as a mother and flower any others that pop up.

I have everything setup in my basement which already has a dehumidifier and keeps a steady temp of around 70 to 80 year round.

I still have to get a pH meter but do have the liquid test kit to get by until then. I already have a full bottle of Tiger Bloom but don't have any veg nutrients yet.

I have plans for a perpetual grow with all this equipment and would really like to know what yalls opinion would be. I mean if y'all lucked into the same equipment that I have what would your plans be?

Thanks for any advice or tips.

I will be posting pictures and updates regularly.

You may want to introduce yourself so other member can say :welcome:

I am loving the enthusiasm. I can feel the energy as I read your post. Rock on brother. I love the bag seed approach. That is exactly how I am awash in seeds right now. Well...I need to redo some inbreeds...but totally where I started from. Those rogue, random seeds. Bless them.

These are me week old babies

Attachments

• IMG_20200921_011225507_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200921_011225507_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
I am loving the enthusiasm. I can feel the energy as I read your post. Rock on brother. I love the bag seed approach. That is exactly how I am awash in seeds right now. Well...I need to redo some inbreeds...but totally where I started from. Those rogue, random seeds. Bless them.
Thanks for the motivation
The more light the sooner they will stay short without stretching and bulk there main stem and draw more fluids.
I have them on an 18-6 under the 300w. So would 24 hrs under the 600w be better in terms of early development?

I wanted to explain how I've been watering so far. I have destilled water that is pH to 6.5 and a simple moisture meter that reads 1-10. I work at night and sleep from the time I get my son to school in the morning until around 1 or 2 pm, so I have the lights set to turn off at 6am and come back on at 12. When I wake up I check the plants with the meter and record the results, along with the temp and rh. From there I simply water if the number is 3 or below. I repeat the process before I go to work and after I get home at about midnight.

When I originally planted the seeds I used cheap as I could find top soil and I believe it was a poor choice. I've already transplanted the plants into larger solo cups and tried to get rid of all the top soil they were in. I plan to put them in better soil when I move them into 3 gallon fabric pot here in the next few weeks, what soil do y'all recommend?

My main goal is to grow a strong mother and begin really working from there but if I can manage to flower a few plants in the process that would be awesome.

Thanks for any advice

Proud of my babies, they are looking better everytime I see them!

Attachments

• IMG_20200921_230838659_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200921_230838659_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
I wouldnt assume lack of responses to be lack of interest. We are all filthy little lurkers and voyeur everyone's grow and surveil their progress. From my short experience here, all members here are significantly helpful. Its a fantastic site and always busy with posts. You are in the right place for support and info. Rock on!

I am a week into my first grow that I will be able to devote myself to as I was married the only other grow I was involved with, nuff said as I'm sure many of you understand. I lucked into a 4x4 and a 2x4 tent along with fan/filter and a 600w and 300w LED for free. Currently I have 8 plants sprouted in solo cups in the 2x4 tent with the 300w LED. They are random seeds from my smoke bags and I'm hoping for 4 females. I plan to keep the best looking female as a mother and flower any others that pop up.

I have everything setup in my basement which already has a dehumidifier and keeps a steady temp of around 70 to 80 year round.

I still have to get a pH meter but do have the liquid test kit to get by until then. I already have a full bottle of Tiger Bloom but don't have any veg nutrients yet.

I have plans for a perpetual grow with all this equipment and would really like to know what yalls opinion would be. I mean if y'all lucked into the same equipment that I have what would your plans be?

Thanks for any advice or tips.

I will be posting pictures and updates regularly.
Best advice for any GROW!! Stay Patient my friend! Regardless of whatever may come, bad times fall, and good times roll, but at all times, keep your cool!! I'm a Outside Grower, so my advice is just relevancy, Patience, Patience, Patience!! Peace my friend!!

Best advice for any GROW!! Stay Patient my friend! Regardless of whatever may come, bad times fall, and good times roll, but at all times, keep your cool!! I'm a Outside Grower, so my advice is just relevancy, Patience, Patience, Patience!! Peace my friend!!
Thank you for the words my friends and best of luck with the weather

Just picked this up to go along with the Tiger Bloom I already have.
Welcome Charlie.
I just finished my 3rd grow using Fox Farm products.
Make sure you get a copy of their feeding schedule for soil.
Wait 2 weeks before feeding anything but PH adjusted water.
6.2 works great with my soil ,
So Week 1 on feeding schedule is really week 3 after your seed pops.
Then get each of the FF products called for on that schedule.
Follow it religiously, including the flushes.
Although it is set up on 12 weeks , you can veg longer or less than the schedule says.
For watering advise hook up w/ @Emilya . Her tutorials will help you immensely.
There are lots of opinions on soil so you just need to do some research Here.
Pick some journals matching your setup and read. Research first and then ask questions.
Best of luck and enjoy your journey brother.

So I've been trying to figure out why one of my plants hasn't been doing as well as the others considering they are all about the same size. Walked in today after work and bam

Attachments

• IMG_20200923_013605011.jpg
    IMG_20200923_013605011.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
All in all to be 8 days in i think they are looking great. I will start to document them separately at the end of week 2 when I start with the nutrients. Thank for the encouragement and kind words fellas!

Attachments

• IMG_20200923_014249779.jpg
    IMG_20200923_014249779.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
Looking great CR.
Couple of comments.
Since you are planning on using FF neutrients, you might want to check out their line of soils ?
Many growers use one or the other w/ great success. Whatever soil u end up with , just make sure it is light and drains very well.
You mentioned above that you are up potting to a 3 gal container. Up potting is also a highly debated issue. For the last few years I have had pretty good success ( w/ all my flowers and veggies ) going from starter cups to a gallon container to my final container. This past March I started my cannabis seeds and up potted 3 times. The final container being a 5 gal soft bag. I waited each time till the root ball was exposed around the bottom and sides of that container. The healthy root system of each plant is a big factor in future success.
Personally , the 5 gal worked for my grow space and 6 plants.
You will find many growers here prefer 7 or 10 gal or even larger .
To some degree , the final pot size will affect your plant size.
I had 7 seeds germinate In March. My grow space works for 6 plants.
After the plants were about 18” tall , I moved a Amnesia Lemon to one of my raised beds outside and transplanted into the bed soil.
I kept her sister in my grow room in a 5 gal pot . She grew to 30” ( which I controlled thru veg allowing for the big growth after flipping lights to 11/12 ) while the outside plant grew to 6’.
Finally , the one other thing for you to decide is which training method to use.
Topping and LST ( Low Stress Training ) have been my go to so far but I will try quad lining on this next grow. Lots of choices here that will make a HUGE difference in your final yield.
Do your research :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom