Magic Butter Residue

MotaMan420

Ladies and Gentlemen can anyone tell me what can be done with the leftovers from a run in a Magic Butter machine..? And also the owner's manual only discusses the mid range temp's.. What are the higher temps and longer run times utilized for ? ,,

Thanks
MotaMan

Put it on your breakfast toast, and have a great morning!

Wait - what are you calling "leftovers?" Cannabutter that wouldn't fit in your butter dish? Or are you talking about the plant matter? If you managed to extract all the cannabinoid content into your butter, and then squeezed all the butter out of it afterwards, it's probably waste. If you're concerned that there might still be "enhanced" butter mixed in with it... maybe put it in a pot, add water, bring it to a boil, allow it to cool, then cool further in the refrigerator? Might be a skin of butter on the water afterwards, I suppose. I'm guessing it wouldn't be much, unless you had hand/grip issues and ended up leaving a lot of butter when "wringing out" the hot plant material. Might be enough to be worth trying, though, who knows?

Thanks , yes I was referring to the plant matter left over. I have a Magic press that fits on 2 sizes of mason jars - gets all the liquid out and leaves a puck of dark plant matter. Thought there could be some use for it..

Also, is there somewhere out there that explains the use of the higher temp settings, there's no FAQ that answers that and also about letting it run at longer run times.

But thanks again
MotaMan

I found this while doing some web-searching (apologies to original poster, I somehow failed to get the poster's account name, or I would have included it):

These are the new instructions that the Magical Butter group has developed:

Butter:
1 Hour @ 220
reset
4 Hours @ 160

Oil: (coconut, Olive, Grape seed, etc)
1 Hour @ 220
reset
4 Hours @ 160

Vegetable Glycerine:
1 hour @ 220F
reset
2 hours 250F

Food Grade Alcohol: **Adjust Alcohol volume if you are above sea level** (everclear, Bacardi 151, etc)
4 Hours @ 160 **NEVER OPERATE YOUR MB2 ABOVE 160F for 4 hours doing Alcohol Extraction, you could damage you machine**

I hope that helps. Also, there appears to be a wealth of information (including recipes for infusions, gummies, topicals, etc.) at the MagicalButter website. I assume that various settings would have been used.

I use the MBM2 and I usually get some sediment when making butter. It gets through the filter you pour through. It settles at the bottom of the butter. I eat it,, no problems.

Thanks for your reply Dr. but I am referring to the plant matter leftover after the extraction process. If ya use an oz per cup of oil / butter / etc -- there's a nice pile of plant matter that still contains some of the liquid you used for extraction.
AND since it does retain some the liquid use it contains some good "stuff" in there.

What can this be used for? -- cooking , what ? That is Motaman's query ... Plus I tried to reach out to MBM2 with an e-mail and no response in over a week and their online chat session is never up.

I am wanting to know what can the other functions ( higher temps / longer run times) are used for. In their recipe book it doesn't explain everything and the FAQ doesn't address these questions.

Thanks much

MotaMan

Back
Top Bottom