Magnesium deficiency?

PlanetJ

I had an upcomming deficiency issue ... some more nutes cleared up the problem on the other plants, where only the lower fanleafs are affected:

20141017_123227.jpg

20141017_123256.jpg

20141017_123318.jpg

Here are some troubleshooting pictures from the problem lady:

20141017_123339.jpg
20141017_123912.jpg
20141017_123937.jpg
20141017_123959.jpg
20141017_124012.jpg
20141017_124022.jpg

It looks to me like magnesium ... I killed my plants on my first grow with messing around, can anybody help me prevent killing this one ?

Lights are common household CFL's .. specs on page one of my second journal, where you'll also find an almost daily progression of the plants if you want to look in more detail then provided here.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Re: Magnesium deficiency ?

if that soil ph reader is correct,you may have it a little high.and locking out what is needed,adding more nutrients is often a mistake we all make.

the woody stem,with the purple stripes is what you need to cure.
Ill go check out your thread in a minute.

--- the cfl lights give all of there lumens from the sides,not the bottoms.

if that soil ph reader is correct,you may have it a little high.and locking out what is needed,adding more nutrients is often a mistake we all make.

It switches from 7 to 6.5 every now and then, leading me to believe that it is somewhere in between, near the 7 side. It only goes in steps of .5 I'm not sure how good it is ... I take it to be junk, but it was all I could buy at the time :p

the woody stem,with the purple stripes is what you need to cure.
I'm not sure why that is a problem, or what to do about it to be honest :helpsmilie:

Ill go check out your thread in a minute.

That would be great, thanks in advance!

--- the cfl lights give all of there lumens from the sides,not the bottoms.

I respectfully disagree. My light meter registers norm - on the pictures ... when I orient my cfl's so that the sides are facing the plants, it will register low -.
I can post proof if you want. I'm not sure if this is applicable to growlight cfl's.

Also, given this:

pH_chart7.jpg

Ph should not be the problem for magnesium I'd say :/ The Epsom Salt should also raise the Ph a little iirc, perhaps it will do the trick.

the problem is not with the up take of mag,it is in the uptake of mn,fe,these will all work in relation of each other,lock out one,and the others dont work

--the purple is something missing in the p family,if you would start a bloom feed,and drop to 12/12 it would go away.it must be corrected or you will get zero growth,and the new sites will be small.

I dont mean to trip ya with this,lmao but these are a couple of pinwheels to show what I am trying to get too,I have some others,that i can get to later.
mineralwheelsmall.jpg

mineral_interactiuon.png

I can except the respectfully disagree,I use them for nothing other than seeds,but I do remember a cfl manufacturer stating something in the coatings,making the bottoms brighter.

I do not really understand how to interpret these pinwheels ... could you explain it relevant to the issue I seem to have with magnesium ? Or point me to an explanation so I can educate myself first ? :p

In the mean time, I disolved 1 tbsp of epsom salt in 1.7 liters water and watered the girls evenly with it, and then disolved another 1 tbsp of epsom salt in 2 liters of water and used about 250 ml of that to foliarspray the girls evenly.

Here's how she looks now:

20141018_001915.jpg

I do not really understand how to interpret these pinwheels ... could you explain it relevant to the issue I seem to have with magnesium ? Or point me to an explanation so I can educate myself first ? :p

Ill do my best,

lest start with the 7.0 you said your soil is,then if you look at the chart you provided,it clearly shows no,MN,OR FE They get picked up on the lower level--ph 6.5 as they are locked out,the result in the deficency you are experiencing,and maybe not because you are short in that nutrient,but because you are locked out---

if you look at the pin wheel,take a nutrient,and follow the arrows,it shows the relationship-for this example.Mn=manganese--goes to k=potassium--- goes to Na=sodium--BUT if you also look it effect--MG=magnesium

Fe=IRON--goes to Cu=copper --goes to---P= phosphorus--(remember I said about the purple stems)Phosphorus
is your root building block,shut it off and purple things will come.

I am not in your grow room,but given the info provided(and I read your thread) I think you need to get the soil in a better range
just a little lower,6.5-6.6 would make those girls a little happier,adding things they cant use or pick up,will just result in a salt buildup

when i get back to my laptop,I can get you some reading links.

Back
Top Bottom