Making in-line fan quiet?

I’m going out on a limb to say the blanket thing is fire hazard. I’m pretty confident that no fan manufacturer would advise you to go this route. Because fans have a motor that can be ran non stop they are continuous duty cycle, the blanket can cause bearings to overheat. Why take a chance?

Cheap is cool, torching your home and garden is not.

Just remembered that I have some torch down rubber roofing material, I will use that for my wrap...

I’m going out on a limb to say the blanket thing is fire hazard. I’m pretty confident that no fan manufacturer would advise you to go this route. Because fans have a motor that can be ran non stop they are continuous duty cycle, the blanket can cause bearings to overheat. Why take a chance?

Cheap is cool, torching your home and garden is not.
Fan motor is constantly cooled by air that it is moving

AC Infinity makes excellent fans. At the 8” mark though, you’re way better off running 2 6” fans. Those combined will move more air, and use less juice than a single 8”. If an 8” is a must, hyperfan gets the nod as it uses less power. 4” or 6”? AC Infinity all the way.

Sure, do as you please. I’m wondering if these people would agree Fans

I’m not trying to be a smart ass either, seriously I think it’s a huge risk

Hmm...

Chief Willis says problems arise when fan motors get over heated. And that can start a fire. "Sometimes a fan motor can get restricted either by dust or something in the blades themselves stopping it from turning."

Chief Willis says make sure you are keeping fans clean to prevent dust build up. And he says they're not made to run 24/7 so make sure you're turning them off.

And the problem isn't just with box fans. Chief Willis says oscillating fans and ceiling fans are susceptible to the same problems with dust build up and motors getting overheated.

So don't turn on a fan that isn't rated for constant-duty use on May 31st and leave it running until September 1st, and clean the buildup of dirt out of the thing once in a while. Gotcha.

If you're curious, you shouldn't suck a bath towel into your vacuum cleaner and then go to the grocery store while it's still at home, turned on and running with a clog/restriction in it ;) .

Seriously, though, keep stuff like this clean. If your carbon filter came with a prefilter, use it (and clean it once in a while). Don't connect your brand new carbon filter to your fan and use it to suck all the fine carbon dust out of the thing (FFS!). Blow it out with an air hose, flip your exhaust fan around and let it blow through the filter (with prefilter off), et cetera. Probably don't want to do that inside, lol.

Back
Top Bottom