Manifolding

i guess its still 16 colas?
if i had left all the rest down there would have been double triple that and more, i dont have enough light for fat buds on that many colas right? tell me thats the answer...

:lot-o-toke:

normal autoflower plant at 34 days (today)

image.jpg

current mainline plant at 40 days (feb 19th)

1B26F466-90D4-4CE2-9943-D0F346514B9C.jpeg

also when trying to diagnose leaf problems can you tell what part of the plant is top or bottom when mainlining? i honestly dont know, it definitely isnt worth it for me.

both are/were being fed the same tap water and nute mix.

the autoflower early miss is under a 75 watt con and a 21 watt t5 fs+uv

the gg4 mainline was vegging under a hlg 260 at 50% power ( approx 135 watts) and 2 fs+uv t5s

so this goes to show how much mainline slows things down

Here are my very first attempts with manifolding. I don't think I'm going to keep topping and splitting right now though. Definitely do that have to space for 3 huge bushes lol but I am going to continue letting these little lady's grow and see where I can get them with a little bit of LST

Attachments

• KIMG2634.JPG
    KIMG2634.JPG
    612.3 KB · Views: 120
  • KIMG2636.JPG
    KIMG2636.JPG
    520.5 KB · Views: 97
  • KIMG2635.JPG
    KIMG2635.JPG
    548.4 KB · Views: 96
Coming along nicely so far. #3 had a disagreement with the light but they've worked it out and #3 is recovering slowly lol. Still training little by little and realizing just how easy it is to make them go anywhere I might need them to!

Attachments

• KIMG2749.JPG
    KIMG2749.JPG
    368.5 KB · Views: 92
  • KIMG2750.JPG
    KIMG2750.JPG
    381.7 KB · Views: 57
  • KIMG2751.JPG
    KIMG2751.JPG
    394.9 KB · Views: 100
after how big and healthy looking my early miss plant looks conpared to all my mainlines i will no longer mainline.
waste of time and yield effiency IMO
if you dont think so whatever, but i coulda done harvested probably around the same amount by now if i didnt mainline.

and whats the top of the plant when mainlining when trying to determine leaf issues?

after seeing the quadline method, i have to agree, the mainlining/manifolding takes a long time and is perhaps not the best method to use, it is easy it seems to train the plant how you want.
havent updated mine in a couple weeks, busy busy, but now in flower, had a slight blip whereby the caretaker missed a feed whilei was away last week and the gas1 took a hit, had to cut a whole arm off lol

this technique has helped me keep the height low for sure, tho i think i should have swapped the light schedule at different times for each one, wasnt possible this time as it was my first grow and wasnt ready really, no idea how the yields will turn out yet, but i definately see the time extension as the ultimate drawback here.
mine had like 10weeks in veg in the end,
i will try the quadline next time as it seems much faster but still a great way to combat height restrictions for those of us who have them, that or try to stick to short strains lol

after how big and healthy looking my early miss plant looks conpared to all my mainlines i will no longer mainline.
waste of time and yield effiency IMO
if you dont think so whatever, but i coulda done harvested probably around the same amount by now if i didnt mainline.

and whats the top of the plant when mainlining when trying to determine leaf issues?
I couldn't agree more actually. I don't think I'll manifold again. I'm into week 9 with these honestly and my last grow I set to flower around 6 weeks! Just started 2 more for grins and once those are ready to flower, my other 3 may be as well lol

after seeing the quadline method, i have to agree, the mainlining/manifolding takes a long time and is perhaps not the best method to use, it is easy it seems to train the plant how you want.
havent updated mine in a couple weeks, busy busy, but now in flower, had a slight blip whereby the caretaker missed a feed whilei was away last week and the gas1 took a hit, had to cut a whole arm off lol

this technique has helped me keep the height low for sure, tho i think i should have swapped the light schedule at different times for each one, wasnt possible this time as it was my first grow and wasnt ready really, no idea how the yields will turn out yet, but i definately see the time extension as the ultimate drawback here.
i will try the quadline next time as it seems much faster but still a great way to combat height restrictions for those of us who have them, that or try to stick to short strains lol

yes falstaffo on my new grow i did just the quadline thing with no lst whatsoever.

i just topped and cleaned the first single leaf node and topped and then let the baby grow. she looks worlds healthier than any of my previous 5 mainlines

image.jpg

i only have 5’ of vertical space, im probably more vertically challenged than you are and i still wont do it again.

im going to get a round tomato screen and bend the entire plant over and scrog it next grow

scrogging > mainlining EVERYTIME

mainline is just a lazy mans scrog!
buy a 20$ wet vac and raise up your pot!!
thats what my main concern about scrogging was, thats why i mainlined, i was worried about how to deal with runoff

i read about mainlining on growweedeasy.com
which i have a feeling alot of people did, that site is full of shit about alot of things, theres some info here and there but take anything you read from there WITH A BOX OF EFFIN SALT

nebula haze seems just to be a amazon marketplace scammer trying to sell fear mongering and alchemist solutions to grow weed, most of it is bullshit!!

she claims that mainlining will increases your yields, ita a crock of shit.
if it increased yields commercial growers would mainline all their plants.
commercial growers laugh at noveltys like this

I did a side by side recently if some GDP one quad and one mainline. It the same time frame the quad yielded more. It wasn’t being slowed down by constant toppings to get the 16 colas.

i have 150cm, 100cm and 120cm heights in my spaces lol
currently have these 3 in the 120cm tent
87556146-95C2-4CED-8E7E-3BB6F8C67AF9.jpeg

gas2
2275E694-0CFB-4192-8070-F62FE5C0E122.jpeg

gas1
59A186DB-B21B-4762-B323-2A3AF4CAD81C.jpeg

critical
543C0810-C650-4EC8-9E76-7D7C2E2CFE5A.jpeg

about 2 weeks since light flip,
critical started budding after a week.
both gas appear now to be female too i think,

i read about mainlining on growweedeasy.com
which i have a feeling alot of people did, that site is full of shit about alot of things, theres some info here and there but take anything you read from there WITH A BOX OF EFFIN SALT

nebula haze seems just to be a amazon marketplace scammer trying to sell fear mongering and alchemist solutions to grow weed, most of it is bullshit!!

she claims that mainlining will increases your yields, ita a crock of shit.
if it increased yields commercial growers would mainline all their plants.
commercial growers laugh at noveltys like this

actually i found it here and youtube. never looked at the growweed website. joined the autoflower network briefly after joining here but stopped going there after a week too. only have time for 1 forum and so this one got it lol

I actually saw it in my history and thought I would update. It's been a while that I've had mine in veg trying various things. 16 weeks veg actually lol. I know it's pretty poor for 16 weeks but it's got a lot to due with me constantly trying shit with these crazy cool plants. They teach you so much along the way. I'm a week into 12-12 and just starting to see hairs. Fox farm big bloom nutes 2tbsp per gal every other water. Veg had 3tsp per gal of Fox farm grow big. It's my first try with nutes and I just watch the leaves for response and do what the plant tells me.. Had a split (wishbone) but total recovery. Just kept the area clean and almost overwatered. Learning slot and the next grow will be adjusted accordingly.

Hello from Michigan

Back
Top Bottom