'Marijuana' is a stupid term.

Sure but it allows us to vent mate ;)

I refer you to the famous 'Reefer Madness' propaganda film of the thirties.

Because of that film I can't help but think of it whenever I hear the term 'Reefer', only it brings a smile to my face because it's a very funny movie.

if you like the original check out reefer madness the musical :smokin:

sorry to revive this old thread, but i was bored and wondering and i wanted to add my $.02.

I also hate the word and use of the word 'Marijuana'. Its a dirty word based in racism and fear mongering. It was used heavily as the word of choice so people would associate the use of the drug with 'unwanted' Mexican labors whom were seen as taking jobs from white men during the depression. this is the time of Hearst's campaign against cannabis which lead the charge in the criminalization. backed by both the desire to shut down the hemp paper industry and help push out the Mexicans; which if you believed hearst would smoke marijuana, go into towns and act violently and with out any moral conscious(see rape white woman), steal and generally cause mayhem.

On a side note if i could travel back in time just once i would go back and make sure william randolph hearst was never born, that man is the cause of so much that is wrong with today. but thats a rant for another day so i dirges..

long story short we dont go around using the N word because its racist and i find marijuana just as racist..

Back
Top Bottom