Marijuana Legalization #1 Issue at Obama's Change.gov

I don't agree. I find it hard to imagine that Obama's people would take the time to put this site up, then not bother to tell him of the overwhelming pro-cannabis results.

Whether he'll do something about it or not, at this stage, is only a prediction.

I happen to retain the hope that he will, even if it's only a quiet instruction to halt the raids.

We'll all soon see.

Here here I second that motion. At a snails pace we will get there :p

if we all start thinking positive, we can win...
the law of attraction is always working...
have faith, it will happen, you will see...;)
$@) 420 your right about the positive thought.Carma is a powerful tool and if one exudes a rightiousnes and positive thoughts into what they want it will happen.:cool:
You can get what you wish for by focusing your thoughts and energy into what you want.:cool:

^^

The guy that runs that site is a damn smart lawyer but he's still just stating his opinion like the rest of us.

I'm looking at this thing in tiers. Legalization, decriminalization, enforcement.

Obama has come right out and said he won't support legalization, but he hasn't (to my knoweldge) yet taken a position on decrim (Rorhbacher/Hinchy ammendment or Barbey Franks bill) or DEA medical distribution harrasment (stopping the clinic raids and reprioritizing resources against harder drugs).

I didn't think we'd go straight from where we were to full on legalization anyway. This doesn't however necessarily mean that we won't see things move in the right direction during Obama's term.

Still, we shouldn't take this slap too easily, we need to all write letters to the Obama campaign expressing our disappointment.

Just my opinion

Here in Canada the law is unclear about possession of small amounts for personal use. As far as the law goes, it has been struck down as of 2001, but the cops and the crown do not know that. Many cases have been thrown out because the law is unconstitutional and it has not been fixed(which would need an act of Parliament). Having said that, the cops are still going out and busting people and the tactic the crown is using is to plead guilty to a lesser charge or they will try for a larger charge. Scare tactics can work on people who are not informed. So the short answer is yes pot is legal in small amounts but only if you know it is and you are ready to go through the hassle of getting arrested. Till some larger court or the supreme court make a public statement that pot is legal and the cops get the message, then they will continue to prosecute. How this affects the States is unknown, but I would think it would have some affect. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom