Marley's Continual Grow - Hempy - CMH - Modular Scrog - OC+

re: Marley's Continual Grow - Hempy, CMH, Modular Scrog, OC+

:Rasta:
I've always been happy with the Larry OG when I can get it! I will only get a few different strains whenever I buy anything, for the most part I stick with the kushes.

I tried some Strwberry Cough last week that was pretty good, the co-op that I go to in Santa Ana has SC clones as well. I know your close to me so if you want to know where I'll PM you the info. Not sure if I'm allowed to say the name if they are not a sponser or somehow linked to 420Mag???

:peace:

SCPC? lol..already been researching. :)

I absolutely love the Cough..if it's good. Had a batch a few months ago that I fell in love with, one of my fav strains for sure.

Also have heard great things about the Alien strains, and since I had good luck with the Larry, using Cali Connect genetics again sounds good to me.

If that's the wrong clinic let me know! Also have you looked at their clones, do they look good? Bug/mold free etc.?

I can relate Marley, by the time I was done trimming my first grow I was totally sick of it, it took me most of my free time over almost 5 days. At least you know you're getting awesome smoke.

Did the plants look any different to you after the darkness? Do you recommend it? :goodjob:

I can relate Marley, by the time I was done trimming my first grow I was totally sick of it, it took me most of my free time over almost 5 days. At least you know you're getting awesome smoke.

Did the plants look any different to you after the darkness? Do you recommend it? :goodjob:

Keeping my fingers crossed on the awesome smoke. :)

To be honest, they did not look any different. They were a tiny bit dryer than usual cus of the lack of water. I put them into dark the same night I would have watered them.

Pics coming soon..finally got em all sized and uploaded.

Overdue, I know. Been busy lately and super tired.

Diablo OG before the chop
V3_071_phixr_1_.JPG

Diablo chopped!
V3_074_phixr.JPG

Diablo branch
V3_075_phixr.JPG

Diablo trimmed up
V3_076_phixr.JPG

Larry OG before the chop
V3_077_phixr.JPG

V3_081_phixr.JPG

Larry chopped!
V3_080_phixr.JPG

Hanging buds
V3_084_phixr.JPG

Roots
V3_086_phixr.JPG

V3_094_phixr.JPG

Scissor hash
V3_088_phixr.JPG

V3_092_phixr.JPG

That's it! I planned on doing things a bit better, but the amount of work it took to trim really caught me off guard and I slacked on the pictures.

Next update will be dry weight from each plant and some dry bud shots..can't believe this first journey is almost at an end. Hope you guys enjoy the pics, getting myself organized for my next grow..soon!

:peacetwo:

Very nice bro!

It looks like you're gonna have some tastey smoke real soon!

The place I was talking about is Healing O.C. I would give em a call and find out when they will be getting new clones. After they get too big for the cubes they like to put them in coco, not sure how a transplant to hempy would work.

With any clone I would quarantine and treat them for bugs just to be sure, you never know and might not see signs of bugs.

I know it's quite a long drive but there is a place in Temecula that sells nothing but clones and are supposed to have lots of good genetics. Clone to grow or clones r us or some other stupid name. Might want to check them out!

Thanks 52 will definitely look into both of those. I've got family out in the Temecula area so that may be an option. Good looking out! :cool:

Nice haul Marley! They look awesome.

How much of the perlite did the roots fill? Looks like mostly the bottom half in the pic?

:tokin::tokin::tokin:

No problem Marley!

I just did a quick search and it's Clones to Grow in Temecula. I've never been there, only read about them. You might want to do a few searches for other clone only operations to see what you come up with.

Just picked up some Strawberry Cough at 45 cap in S.A., completely reassuring my decision to grow it on this next one. Place is decent, crazy tho there's like 5 spots in the one little center.

Nice harvest!!!:bravo:
Now comes the fun part:tokin:

This weekend I should have some nugs dry and I'm really looking forward to sampling, should be good times. Thanks DG.

My turn to drool! :tokin:

Good to see you had such a productive weekend!:smokin:

Haha thanks TT, was a very productive yet exhausting weekend..looking forward to reaping the benefits in the next few days.

Nice haul Marley! They look awesome.

How much of the perlite did the roots fill? Looks like mostly the bottom half in the pic?

:tokin::tokin::tokin:

Thanks BD.

Ya they were mainly near the bottom of the perlite, but when I pulled them out I lost very little perlite..it held together well. I was actually a bit surprised at the amount of roots as I only vegged a couple weeks..and only a week in their final pots.

The thing that really tripped me out on this grow was cutting the plants from the Scrogs. They looked so little until each branch was removed from the Scrogs and I had a huge mass of plant sitting there in front of me. Was also a bit of a puzzle trying to get all the criss-crossed branches unstuck from eachother.

All in all I'm pretty stoked on my first grow, should know a bit more about the final product here soon! Much thanks goes out to 420mag and all the great growers that have expanded my knowledge. Wish I could smoke you all out. :tokin:

I have a question for any of you folks who may still be around..

Do you think I would be able to get away with a 400w in my small space? Right now I have an open hood 250w and the cab runs 80-85 degrees. If I went to an air-cooled 400w how much do you think the temps would rise?

I'm thinking air-cooled would make it about the same? No clue really though as I have no experience with any other size light.

Any and all please chime in! Here are my measurements so you don't have to go back to the beginning..23'"x27"x55".

Thanks BD.

Ya they were mainly near the bottom of the perlite, but when I pulled them out I lost very little perlite..it held together well. I was actually a bit surprised at the amount of roots as I only vegged a couple weeks..and only a week in their final pots.

The thing that really tripped me out on this grow was cutting the plants from the Scrogs. They looked so little until each branch was removed from the Scrogs and I had a huge mass of plant sitting there in front of me. Was also a bit of a puzzle trying to get all the criss-crossed branches unstuck from eachother.

All in all I'm pretty stoked on my first grow, should know a bit more about the final product here soon! Much thanks goes out to 420mag and all the great growers that have expanded my knowledge. Wish I could smoke you all out. :tokin:

Would be awesome to get together with the gang from here for a smoke out.

This sog I'm planning on copying, the guy uses 25% vermiculite with the perlite. He says that it retains water better and therefore effectively expands the root zone upwards. In a big pot like we're using it's probably not that big a deal, but in 2-liters I'm gonna do it and hope the roots fill the whole thing.

I heavily lst'd my first grow and went through the same kind of thing, there's a branch and another and another.... and twisted around and under each other... brings back memories lol.

Take care and congrats on the haul!

Do you think I would be able to get away with a 400w in my small space? Right now I have an open hood 250w and the cab runs 80-85 degrees. If I went to an air-cooled 400w how much do you think the temps would rise?

I'm thinking air-cooled would make it about the same? No clue really though as I have no experience with any other size light.

Any and all please chime in! Here are my measurements so you don't have to go back to the beginning..23'"x27"x55".

I'm no HID grower, but I'd say with an open 250W you got that warm, a 400w, regardless of cooling, is gonna push your temps *at least* that high.

Overdue, I know. Been busy lately and super tired.

Diablo OG before the chop
V3_071_phixr_1_.JPG

Diablo chopped!
V3_074_phixr.JPG

Diablo branch
V3_075_phixr.JPG

Diablo trimmed up
V3_076_phixr.JPG

Larry OG before the chop
V3_077_phixr.JPG

V3_081_phixr.JPG

Larry chopped!
V3_080_phixr.JPG

Hanging buds
V3_084_phixr.JPG

Roots
V3_086_phixr.JPG

V3_094_phixr.JPG

Scissor hash
V3_088_phixr.JPG

V3_092_phixr.JPG

That's it! I planned on doing things a bit better, but the amount of work it took to trim really caught me off guard and I slacked on the pictures.

Next update will be dry weight from each plant and some dry bud shots..can't believe this first journey is almost at an end. Hope you guys enjoy the pics, getting myself organized for my next grow..soon!

Congrats Marley! Those nuggs look tight man, looks like a decent haul bro. :slide:

Well, it's Winter and temps in the house can drop to 60... the lamp here stays at around 9" from the tops and temps reach 80-82. That's a 3x3x4 with door closed.

Can't wait to see what else you do bro.:smokin:

Would be awesome to get together with the gang from here for a smoke out.

This sog I'm planning on copying, the guy uses 25% vermiculite with the perlite. He says that it retains water better and therefore effectively expands the root zone upwards. In a big pot like we're using it's probably not that big a deal, but in 2-liters I'm gonna do it and hope the roots fill the whole thing.

I heavily lst'd my first grow and went through the same kind of thing, there's a branch and another and another.... and twisted around and under each other... brings back memories lol.

Take care and congrats on the haul!

Thanks BD!

That makes sense with the vermiculite..why not coco? If you do go with the verm make sure you're careful with the dust, that stuff is a health hazard!

Why are some of your photos missing??

Not sure T, they are all showing up for me? Anyone else having issues viewing my pics? Hmm, idk :(

Beautiful return Marley!!! :bravo:

You have done an excellent job!

Thanks WnF, I should have a final weight by the beginning of next week, probably sooner. Smoked some Larry before work today and got quite medicated. :cool:

I'm no HID grower, but I'd say with an open 250W you got that warm, a 400w, regardless of cooling, is gonna push your temps *at least* that high.

Ya I'm thinking the same..I know it would be tough to do, so not sure if it's worth the hassle and $$. Thanks for your thoughts Z.

Congrats Marley! Those nuggs look tight man, looks like a decent haul bro. :slide:

Well, it's Winter and temps in the house can drop to 60... the lamp here stays at around 9" from the tops and temps reach 80-82. That's a 3x3x4 with door closed.

Can't wait to see what else you do bro.:smokin:

Thanks Sisco, appreciate the pic bump :). Ya I think I might be pushing it if I try to squeeze a 400w in my space..just want fatter colas! Is yours air cooled or open?

Damn,how did I miss that!!!:grinjoint:
Crazy ass looking buds,damn nice...love the colors of the tops buds,reminds me of fall:)
Great job dude! +rep :)

Hey j4 thanks for stopping by! My leaves def went a little fall-ish on the colors there at the end, think it was the cold nights. Final weight coming soon, wish me luck haha. Thanks for the +reps :blunt:

That's some nice lookin herb you got there Marley!:tokin:

As for a 400w raising your temps, If you get an air cooled I don't think you'll see that much of an increase if any. When I put my 400w in my space and removed some of the CFLs my temps pretty much stayed the same. But keep in mind that my light is air cooled.:smokin:

My temps without running A/C are about 85-88 and with A/C they are at about 78-84. I do need to replace a fan in my space since I had one burn out, thanks for the heads up on BlueDogs thread about ACE having fans in stock. I'll pick one up this week :slide:

Thanks 52.

Np on the fan thing, glad to indirectly help! Ace saved my butt, was my last resource before ordering online.

Mine is air cooled. How much space do you have?

23"x27"x55" Lol! I think I'm may be dreamin to try and fit a 400w in there.

Back
Top Bottom