Mars-Hydro - Formerly TopLedGrowLight - Customer Service Review

Yes, we have price list for parts on our website, the Mars 300 diodes price is same our our reflector and Mars II series. it is 0.5$/pcs

Go to the warranty section of the mars webpage. There you find a price list for parts. If they sell parts for that lamp they should be listed there

Thanks for taking the time to provide this excellent detailed technical description of your grief with this light. I had earlier considered buying one. You made it clear to me that it's not worth considering. Hard for me to understand how patient you have been with Mars, I'd have been ranting my way up the management tree by now! If you factor in the value of your technical troubleshooting skills and the time spent doing what should have been their job, of determining the issue, they should be sending you 2 free lights!
Thanks again for the effort in your post!
You should perhaps read my review of their customer service because I have a very different experience than the people bashing mars hydro everywhere.

Mars hydro take full responsibility for their products and they offer their customers multiple options for solutions to get your lights fixed as efficient as possible. Depending on your skills, you can choose to repair yourself or to send the lights to one of their many service centers. You can even ask for a backup light if you need one while they fix yours. I have received great help and support from their customer service multiple times

Hi folks, newbie here.

Quick question as to what can be done for simply 1 led being dull compared to the rest. Recently purchased mars hydro reflector 48 as a sort of test towards a switch from hps to led. The offending led is slap bang in the middle and is still lit up but as mentioned is dull compared to the rest.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
It may be the ir. It is supposed to look dim to the human eye. Try looking at it with sunglasses

I have started my flowering stage last week. Just found this thread for mars lights. I am using the mars reflector 144. I purchased it from a mars hydro seller on ebay. So far the light is working amazingly. Only complaint I have is on the node spacing. Seems with LEDS you get some very tight node spacing. Other than that two thumbs up so far.

I have started my flowering stage last week. Just found this thread for mars lights. I am using the mars reflector 144. I purchased it from a mars hydro seller on ebay. So far the light is working amazingly. Only complaint I have is on the node spacing. Seems with LEDS you get some very tight node spacing. Other than that two thumbs up so far.

Is it the problem of seeds genetic or growing skills?

It is my first grow indoors and using LED, however I did follow the distance suggestions in growth which was 18 away. I was on a 20 on 4 off schedule in growth for almost 4 weeks. The strains are blackjack and master kush. Both are short strains however I dont think they are supposed to be this short lol. They are not even a foot tall yet but they are bushy as hell. There is maybe and inch to inch and a half between nodes.

I've read in some grow journals that this is a normal thing to occur when using LED. It doesn't bother me really. I just know to use a CFL for a bit to stretch the plant a bit next time

It is my first grow indoors and using LED, however I did follow the distance suggestions in growth which was 18 away. I was on a 20 on 4 off schedule in growth for almost 4 weeks. The strains are blackjack and master kush. Both are short strains however I dont think they are supposed to be this short lol. They are not even a foot tall yet but they are bushy as hell. There is maybe and inch to inch and a half between nodes.

I've read in some grow journals that this is a normal thing to occur when using LED. It doesn't bother me really. I just know to use a CFL for a bit to stretch the plant a bit next time

It is great to know your plants are bushy. You can also pay attention to the difference of using led and CFL.

It's not only normal. It's a wanted thing. It's an advantage. You want them to be like that to get those dense huge buds.

Stretching is a negative. You don't really want them to do that.

At least in my experience there are no advantages with stretchy plants

It's not only normal. It's a wanted thing. It's an advantage. You want them to be like that to get those dense huge buds.

Stretching is a negative. You don't really want them to do that.

At least in my experience there are no advantages with stretchy plants

Guess the plants love the light, they want to touch lamps hahaha. Maybe keep the light lower will help plant stop stretchy

I have only done one grow before and that was outside so I am used to a tall plant. I had one that was almost 8 foot tall. I can understand the reason for needing a short plant. I really havent even hit the flowering stretch phase yet too much so I have that to look forward to as well. I am wanting to scrog these out and they are almost at the point I can start to do it. It will be my first attempt at such a thing but hey it is a learning process.

By the way Deville I looked at your grow journal. Very nice :thumb: I also seen your comment about the customer service and the options they give for repairing a defective light. I have experience in working with led's and other electronic components. Been repairing tv's and game systems for years. It's nice to buy a broken electronic for beans and spend pennies fixing it and having a nice item :) But I like that I have the option to repair the item cause I could do it faster probably. I am curious though does that void any warranties?

Here is a pic of my master kush plant and a pic of the node spacing.

20171019_051919.jpg
20171019_051945.jpg

I have only done one grow before and that was outside so I am used to a tall plant. I had one that was almost 8 foot tall. I can understand the reason for needing a short plant. I really havent even hit the flowering stretch phase yet too much so I have that to look forward to as well. I am wanting to scrog these out and they are almost at the point I can start to do it. It will be my first attempt at such a thing but hey it is a learning process.

By the way Deville I looked at your grow journal. Very nice :thumb: I also seen your comment about the customer service and the options they give for repairing a defective light. I have experience in working with led's and other electronic components. Been repairing tv's and game systems for years. It's nice to buy a broken electronic for beans and spend pennies fixing it and having a nice item :) But I like that I have the option to repair the item cause I could do it faster probably. I am curious though does that void any warranties?

Here is a pic of my master kush plant and a pic of the node spacing.

20171019_051919.jpg
20171019_051945.jpg

Your ladies grow well:goodjob: Deville are very good at growing, always give us useful suggestions.
It is hard to judge the quality of second hand or a broken light. You won't get warranty for second hand light. Saving to buy a brand new light will get 2 years warranty.

I have to say that these reflector series LED lights are amazing Smokesara. I am using the 144 model. The coverage is great but the corner areas need a little bit more light so I just added a few led flood lights in a clamp fixture on the side. Its helping out a lot.

20171205_094734.jpeg
20171205_094245.jpeg

I have to say that these reflector series LED lights are amazing Smokesara. I am using the 144 model. The coverage is great but the corner areas need a little bit more light so I just added a few led flood lights in a clamp fixture on the side. Its helping out a lot.

20171205_094734.jpeg
20171205_094245.jpeg

I like the big bud :goodjob:

Boy do I understand your frustration, I purchased 2 of the 96 led panels 2 years ago, now they both failed within 2 days. They both failed with the same problem, no bloom lights just weak flicker when bloom switch on, and with both switches on. I followed the test procedures in the change driver video and found one of the drivers bad.
I sent mars hydro the money and they sent me the wrong driver, so I contacted them and told them now the other light is out the same problem.
Now they ask me to go thru all the same test procedures the locate the problem when I have all ready performed the troubleshooting. I think they need a smart technician that knows something about the lights to handle the repair problems. Lets face it the light is very simple, either driver fails, board bad or led bad or diiodes.
Any first year repair person could determine the problem and fix this light.
All I want is to get the drivers and fix my 2 lights.
I also sent pictures.

I suggest you change from mylar to Orca grow film. More reflective than mylar and easier to get good photos for some reason :)

Hey, Welcome to comments and suggestions on our Mars grow tents, we are upgrading tent

tent103.jpg

Back
Top Bottom