Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:circle-of-love: thanks for stopping by, iseckz, I bet you have found the one now.:cheesygrinsmiley:
Any info/harvest photos/reviews on the new 480 96x5w reflector light? I ordered one three days ago, waiting on fedex.

:thumb: great grow, glad to know the temp doesn't bother you any more. Hope you will have a good result.:Namaste:
These are not the best pics. this is my mars 700w growing a fast buds crystal meth auto. this is a 2.5'x2.5' scrog. I love these lights. I own 2 600w hps and 1 400 I will see how the bud density is but my temps are now a breeze to handle. That is exactly what I needed THANKS!!

I have a question about my Mars 60x5w 300 watt the glass over the leds looks to be blocking and reflecting quite a bit of light. Would it be better to remove that glass or its not that big of a different with it off?

I was thinking with the glass removed the unit would run cooler although my panels do not have a heat problem. If the glass was removed and they were left exposed to the elements the LED chips would eventually get coated in dust and mist. That will reduce the light transmittance to a measurable level. The glass must pass about 99.9999999999 % of the light now. I say that as reflectors for flashlights are advertised as having 98.3% light transmittance.

Thanks for the reply I am new and trying to learn as much as I can. I have a 400 watt HPS that I run next to my new 60x5w 300 watt Mars led in a grow a tent 38x38x79. The HPS is about 12 inch away and the led is about 10. They have about 2 weeks left. I got the led like 7 days ago so I hope I got it in time to help

QUOTE=LEDBud;2611891]I was thinking with the glass removed the unit would run cooler although my panels do not have a heat problem. If the glass was removed and they were left exposed to the elements the LED chips would eventually get coated in dust and mist. That will reduce the light transmittance to a measurable level. The glass must pass about 99.9999999999 % of the light now. I say that as reflectors for flashlights are advertised as having 98.3% light transmittance.[/QUOTE]

Morning all,

I was looking to place an order for 2x Reflector LED Grow Light 48x3W. Was just wondering if there is a coupon code for members or a promotion going currently ?

Figured it can't hurt to try ;) ;) ;). Thanks for your time.

thank you, Am4zin :Namaste:
Awesome service by Mars hydro. Light ordered after hours on Friday. Light delivered before 10am Tuesday morning. Many thanks sara :circle-of-love:

Morning all,

I was looking to place an order for 2x Reflector LED Grow Light 48x3W. Was just wondering if there is a coupon code for members or a promotion going currently ?

Figured it can't hurt to try ;) ;) ;). Thanks for your time.

If you order from the Mars-Hydro website, you will get a discount for more then one, and if you use code COFINEST at checkout you will get an additional savings, :peace:

Hi Stoney, yes, the glass does block some light but will not have a big influence. There is potential risk of the moisture of leds if you remove the glass. We don't recommend to do it.:tokin:
I have a question about my Mars 60x5w 300 watt the glass over the leds looks to be blocking and reflecting quite a bit of light. Would it be better to remove that glass or its not that big of a different with it off?

:thumb: thank you LEDBud, that is the case. We will consider about the light transmittance. Before we have installed secondary lens on the led, which has been proved to reduce the light output. Now we don't install any secondary lens, but glass is still required to protect the leds although it does hinder some light. :Namaste:
I was thinking with the glass removed the unit would run cooler although my panels do not have a heat problem. If the glass was removed and they were left exposed to the elements the LED chips would eventually get coated in dust and mist. That will reduce the light transmittance to a measurable level. The glass must pass about 99.9999999999 % of the light now. I say that as reflectors for flashlights are advertised as having 98.3% light transmittance.

:thumb: great advice. We have filmed the maintenance video in regards to change drivers and led diodes. Next time, we need to film a video to show the caution for cleaning the lights.:Namaste:
Does MarsHydro recommend any special maintenance or cleaning of their led lights?

:thanks: thank you for the info.
I found out a little more accurate info on light transmittance threw glass.

For most glasses with a refractive index of 1.5, reflection losses at the surface result in an approximate 4% decrease in light intensity.

Back
Top Bottom