Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:cheer:Congrats on the new light macuk!:cheer: Hope your plants will love them.:circle-of-love:
just placed my order for 2 144x5 reflectors for my 120x120 tent. looking forward to trying these out...

:circle-of-love: hi LEDBus, welcome to the thread, nice try. Hope it will work great.:thumb:
I added more heat sinks to my 300w old style panels. There was space to add two 1x6" heat sinks to the middle and one 1x6" on each end of the board.

My reason for doing it besides the obvious is that I noticed the center fan vents were not as warm as the side vents I deduced the missing center heat sinks were the cause so I added them. The center vents air is now as warm as the side vents exhaust air.

As a side effect my panels gained 10w of wattage even after its warm / to temp. I say that as when you first plug the panel in the watts read higher by 10-20 watts then 5 or 10 minutes later it settles back down. I think its the heat that cause the watts to drop after the panels warm up. The added heat sinks help fix it.

they were 190w when warm now 200w

Hi Randy, it's already void of the warranty. :Namaste:
So Sara with all these lights being altered where does Mars Hydro stand on the warranty?

:thumb: great to know you have saved and benifited a lot from LED. Changing from HID to LED is a trend now because of so many obvious advantages.:cheesygrinsmiley:
I think the people using LED's are the opposite of stupid , they work great and cost less to operate then the cheaper HID

HID lights suck 1/3 to 1/2 more energy then LED panels and need to have the bulbs replaced every 6 months. That can add up , especially with the electric bill.

The future really is friendly , check on some peoples LED grow journals here on the site - AMAZING results can be had from a cheap set of LED panels.

My 600w at the wall watts in LED panels only cost me $360 from Mars Hydro.

:thumb:it's really a good result! ok... randy, I am looking forward to your next harvest.:cheer:
If this is directed to me I referred to stupid as in no remote, set up and control by hand, I parked my hid lights long ago and only run LED's and will never go back now as for me I'm old and don't want any remotes except for the TV and perhaps stupid since I can't understand why I would need one.
DSC_3361.jpg

My last grow was only 600 grams per plant avg hope to do better next time Have a good one

:circle-of-love: LEDBud, we will always stand behind our light. :Namaste:
I have seen people send the panels back over 1 led light going out ( obsessive compulsive ? )

Mars still stands behind them !

:cheer: thank you flyboy, we are the family.:circle-of-love:
At the end of the day , all I use are marshydro, and a lot of them . I think they are bad ass and I will continue my support for the company :)

Gnarl Gnarl Gnarl... have I ever told you how much I love the way you talk. I like the faint "sarcasm" in your words with fragrence, haha. :hug: I do agree that our labor is cheap, but inferior materials, maybe some of them are inferior. Sometimes, there are more than one way of looking at one phenomenon. In some cases, the same product with the same materials will differ a lot in price, considering the target customer, the brand name, the advertisement and the demands and supplies, etc.
Why they are overpriced? I totally agree that there are reasons, better chips and better design. However, is it really worth that much?A few of you guys want to overkill in tent. Enough is good. :Namaste: In most cases, even though we are the basically the same, they still charge more.
As for the copy, we need to make a deep research and trace to the education systems difference in Western countries and China. :bigblush: Nevertheless, the fact is that copy costs less comparing to the cost of infringement of patent law. The remark is just for the common situation. Our light has got patent already. If you guys found other company has the same design as us, tell us.:party:
A little wordy here, sorry, Gnarl, I just feel so excited to talk to you again after the happy holiday! :party:

One other factor in difference is we have all these initials... OSHA ... EPA.... etc. Wage and Hour Board. No minors are allowed to work and people from the province don't sleep on cardboard boxes in the warehouse between shifts. Not implying that happens at Mars Hydro, but I have been to a cctv camera factory and seen it for myself.

The bottom line is I chose your product and I said that I am satisfied with what it does. I totally agree with your assessment that some people are into over kill and I am so glad I'm not from Montreal. :)

I like talking to you and trading ideas. I admire your tactfulness as opposed to my complete lack there of and as I told Lucy, it's genius to use Asian girls as your spokespersons. You could sell some of these guys shit sandwiches and they'd buy them by the dozens and defend the taste to the death., where as if the Mars HYdro spokes persons were ugly men they'd be launching ballistic missiles the first time a driver went out. :)

I'm guilty ... it works on me too.

I'd stop following this thread if it wasn't so amusing, LEDBud. :icon_roll

There was some discussion a few pages back about the effect on plants if you suddenly change the light cycle from days to nights. Last Friday morning lightening took out my transformer out on the pole about 8:15 just after my 8am-8pm cycle on had started. It was after lunch before power was restored so I reset the on cycle to 8pm to 8am .

I'm watching closely for herms, but I have seen no ill effects of any kind yet. Even though my central AC is set to 72 degrees my tent runs about 7 degrees cooler at night than it did during the day.

I'll post if I see any changes, but I think it's past that by now.

Gnarl, assuming that this is going to happen to me, power outages aren't uncommon, at what point would you just leave the lights off until the next roll around of 8 am? In my case, I run the lights 12/12 8 pm on 8 am off. Have too. The heat of daytime would kill me heat-wise running the lights.
The question is, would it be better to make the rapid change, or, say, slowly change the time cycle by an hour a day?

These are not the best pics. this is my mars 700w growing a fast buds crystal meth auto. this is a 2.5'x2.5' scrog. I love these lights. I own 2 600w hps and 1 400 I will see how the bud density is but my temps are now a breeze to handle. That is exactly what I needed THANKS!!

Gnarl, assuming that this is going to happen to me, power outages aren't uncommon, at what point would you just leave the lights off until the next roll around of 8 am? In my case, I run the lights 12/12 8 pm on 8 am off. Have too. The heat of daytime would kill me heat-wise running the lights.
The question is, would it be better to make the rapid change, or, say, slowly change the time cycle by an hour a day?
That was the gist of the discussion, whether to just change the cycle suddenly or as Dennise suggested, slowly over several days. I was contemplating the proper method to change to nights when the outage made up my mind for me. The sudden change hasn't seemed to hurt and I find it much easier to work in the tent at night than during the day now that the change has been made.

That was the gist of the discussion, whether to just change the cycle suddenly or as Dennise suggested, slowly over several days. I was contemplating the proper method to change to nights when the outage made up my mind for me. The sudden change hasn't seemed to hurt and I find it much easier to work in the tent at night than during the day now that the change has been made.

I think I can help with this. :cheesygrinsmiley:

The blooming plant doesn't like to see increasing daylength, and it's more sensitive to an earlier dawn than a later dusk. So if you want to move the day slowly, you should make the mornings later, not earlier.

... or do it all at once and get it over with. :cheesygrinsmiley: Most strains can handle it fine.

Okay, Thanks. That one slipped past me somehow. That said, I too prefer the night schedule. Cooler and quality quiet bonding time with the fam. :smokin:

lol :biglaugh: Gnarl, now I find another reason to be happy born as a girl. :cheesygrinsmiley: In som aspects, we do have some privileges. :blalol:
One other factor in difference is we have all these initials... OSHA ... EPA.... etc. Wage and Hour Board. No minors are allowed to work and people from the province don't sleep on cardboard boxes in the warehouse between shifts. Not implying that happens at Mars Hydro, but I have been to a cctv camera factory and seen it for myself.

The bottom line is I chose your product and I said that I am satisfied with what it does. I totally agree with your assessment that some people are into over kill and I am so glad I'm not from Montreal. :)

I like talking to you and trading ideas. I admire your tactfulness as opposed to my complete lack there of and as I told Lucy, it's genius to use Asian girls as your spokespersons. You could sell some of these guys shit sandwiches and they'd buy them by the dozens and defend the taste to the death., where as if the Mars HYdro spokes persons were ugly men they'd be launching ballistic missiles the first time a driver went out. :)

I'm guilty ... it works on me too.

Back
Top Bottom