Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

It's the CREE cobs, or epistar, that you're paying for on the pro series. I thought the remote was a really cool feature when I first saw the PRO series, but since then I've realized it must just be a hassle. I've seen like 4 videos of people showing how to use it, and each one takes about 6 minutes to explain and program lol. It takes me 20 seconds to reprogram my hydrofarm timer and it works flawlessly for 2 years now.

A remote is for convenience. If it's not saving you time over pushing some buttons on the panel, there's no reason to have a handheld. And I hear the humidity and temp readings come from the remote, which doesn't really make sense to me. Might as well be mounted on the panel.

Don't the Mars ll Have epistar diodes?

Leds are complicated lol. So epistar cob is different than just epistar? The pro series is cob led and the Mars ll is like a flat panel led?

:circle-of-love: Hi Stoney, thanks for the kind words. It's my pleasure to help.:Namaste:
Thanks sara. I will be getting the 47x47x78. I will probably get ASAP I want to start flower around Christmas and need to order so I it won't be affected by the holiday. Thanks for the reply and for awesome customer service and support

:thanks:it's so kind of you, Glitch.:hug: You guys are very nice to us.:Namaste:
Sara is awesome. Definitely the main reason I chose mars hydro. Starting to feel commit and at home in this little part of the forum. Glad to talk with you guys.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420

:party: thanks for sharing, db. They two look perfect under your care.:thumb:
my autoflowers the one on the left is a freeze berry auto flower from bighead seeds and the one on the right is a white widow auto flower from pyramid seeds the both are 62 days from seed I just started to flush the freeze berry they were in a scrog net but I took it out today so I could get to the plants and check the trichomes over the next week or so

030257.JPG

037186.JPG

036184.JPG

035201.JPG

:bravo: thanks, Kiaze. I like the firmness in your tone. It gives me a peace of mind. Now lesson learned, thanks for the suggestions.:hug:
Stoney, I wouldn't worry at all about those pinpricks in the side of your tent (except I'd want to know who had been running through it with a needle). They are small and I doubt they could interrupt the light cycle of your plants. Bear in mind that outside plants have moonlight as well as stars and street lamps etc, yet they still flower. Your holes are pretty much the same, except no normal indoor household lighting should be able to penetrate through with enough lumens to wake up the plants. None of my tents are perfect as a lot of other growers aren't, there's no need to panic and needlessly throw more money into a new tent for that. Trust me you will find something much more important to spend it on soon enough once the growing hobby kicks in :)

If you're that worried just cover them with a spot of black tape but you will find that with holes such as those, small and static you should have no problems with plants going hermie. Personally I would have no problem with using the room with the light on whilst the plants are in their dark period :thumb:

:cheesygrinsmiley: haha, it will be a Christmas gift for the plants.:dreamy:
I agree with Kraze, common sense say's it's not really that dark at night in the outdoors but on the other hand if it means a new tent for Christmas forget the black tape yellow, red or orange will make the old tent look really sad and a new bigger one will make it look like a fine veg tent after the new one is up:xmas:

:partyboy: After losing weight successfully, they have prepared to be beautiful ladies. :party:
another weekly update the mars pro epistar 160LED. did some lollipoping and the scrog is almost full, cant wait to see what she can do in flower :circle-of-love:
IMG_179017.JPG
IMG_179119.JPG
IMG_179819.JPG
IMG_179919.JPG
IMG_179219.JPG

:thumb: this is a good idea.
Stoney,

Another option is to get some liquid electrical tape. Comes with a small brush applicator and you can buy it in black. Just dab the holes (from outside) with it and it will do a good job of plugging those small holes. You won't have to worry about it coming off over time. Works very well.

:circle-of-love:Hi CatfishKnight, I am sorry about this. The remote controller needs to adjust at the every time you have programmed, so the remote will work all the time. CatfishKnight, I have talked with our engineer. You can put the remote controller 2~3 meters from the light and tight up the signal receiver at the back.:Namaste: Hope it will help. If it's not, we will try to find other reasons and work it out.:thanks:
Ok problem I think with the remotes...
Couple days ago it started...

Lights go off at 12 noon as programmed. But one would always stay on.

I pushed the Programmed button and they would all flash 3 times and then go off, like they are suppose too.
Next day the same one would stay on after 12 noon.
Now it is two of them will stay on after 12 noon shutoff.

I push the program button and they all come on and off 3 times and then shut off like they are suppose to.
I have the remote in the open air doing that, then I put the remote in a drawer and shut the drawer...

Is the remote telling the units to shut off at the 12 noon setting or is it programmed in the unit itself???

If the remote is telling the units to shut off at 12 noon and it is in a shut drawer, then the signal is not strong enough to shut them all off??

Uhmmmm...

Oh Great Guru's of Mars Pro Forum, which is the correct wisdom or answer for today's questions of life...
Or for Our Grow Rooms... :)

:circle-of-love: Thanks for the feedbacks, flyboy. We have kept improving them. I believe your light will work well again. :high-five:
Once the remote has sent the program that is it , remote doesn't do anything. I have similar problems, one light turned off today at 10 am , not supposed to turn off till midnight. Then it wouldn't take its programming, had to unplug it , still didn't work , sent program a few times and now it's working after I pushed the on/off a couple of times, this remote sucks and the programming doesn't always take or run through the program.

:Namaste: Don't worry, Glitch. We have taken good care of them.:Namaste:
I think I stick with my tried and true timers untill the get these kinda issues taken care of.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420

:thanks: thanks for this experiment. CatfishKinight. I have seen the babies. Are they ok now?:love:
Oh the previous picture was an old one.
Here is the newer one, the Mother Closet Room is done.
The Mother Closet Door is hinged and opens to the right into two pieces.
Door is open now with some Plants growing under the light.
Which you can't see inside, just the white light... CFL hooded 125 watts at 6500 k for low heat in the Mother Closet Room.

Screenshot_2015-12-10-09-57-13-1.jpg

:circle-of-love: the fans must have damaged during the delivery. flyboy, is everything ok now?
New Cree came today
No damage on box , but it must have been dropped pretty hard , both fans were broken
image4922.jpeg

:hug: that's really a good news. Keep us posted the result. I truly want to know.:Namaste:
Ok Flyboy, so after putting in new batteries into the remote and leaving it out in the open and not in a closed drawer...
I checked my Grow Room Camera and all three Led lights are all out on time. Yeah, finally after about 4 days with one or two of them still on...
Now the real test will be the next couple of days now.

Back
Top Bottom