Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:circle-of-love:Hi Stoney, the flowers under LED is not that big compared to those under HPS, but they taste better.:cheesygrinsmiley: Soney, you can supplement some side lights or lower the light to increase the power.:Namaste:
20151231_082831.jpg
So seeing the growth of the 4 crop king seeds White widow the 2 in the back are more Sativa and the 2 in front are more indica. The back 2 are quite a bit more stretchy. The nod spacing on some branches is just way far. But than on others it's nice and tight so could be the Mars ll 1200 just not being powerful enough But I DOUBT that we will see as it get farther into flower. The 2 front ones the nod spacing is crazy close. I just hope it's some great potent smoke that tastes and smells amazing.

:circle-of-love: thanks for the help, Glitch.
They kinda spread the light out more so a larger coverage area but a lower wattage per square foot.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420

:circle-of-love: I am looking forward to the pics.:dreamy:
Growing sfv og with Mars ii 1600, I've heard people say kushie kush replaces big bud and overdirve? Any truth to that? Also trying to make a custom holder for one 1600 and 2 Mars 600. Will post pics sometime Sunday or monday

Sent from my HTC One M9 using 420

:circle-of-love: Hi layz1, Reflector will reflect more light on the plants. However, we don't recommend to choose those with secondary lense because it will reduce the light output. :circle-of-love: Right now, I think the most effective light we have is Mars Pro series. It has reflection board and doesn't have lense, which will ensure the maximum light.:high-five:
For a 3x3 tent should I get lens, reflector, or bare, the information I'm getting doesn't tell me the uses or whether they get to be more effective etc etc

reflector/lens = more penetration?

:circle-of-love: Hi brokencage, I am happy you are positive towards our light and love it.:Namaste: You will have better result in the next running for sure.:high-five: Hope your camera and phone will work again. We can help you to fix the problem next time.:cco:
Happy new year!!!! I get to manicure on new years day!!! My camera has taken a crap and i don't have a phone anymore so No pic's this time.This is the second grow with My mars II 700W. I seem to be averaging 8ish Oz's a grow in a 2.5'x2.5'x5.5' box With auto's The buds are no where near as tight as My HPS. However, and oddly Im only pulling a little less than I did with The HPS. I think it is because I had so much trouble venting the HPS and temps were always high. Anyway I am very happy with my light. I had to replace 2 diodes that weren't making proper contact with the pcb, and the lenses melted off. I didn't have a camera so I didn't bother the mars teem. I just bought the stuff to fix it myself. These lights are a poor mans dream. Effective & easy to fix with good results for money I could afford. My condition has cost me almost everything. Every penny I spend is calculated & these lights were an investment and they are paying off! Thanks again MARS!!!

BC EDIT: RoboCrop from Cream of the crop is some of the best Meds I have ever grown auto or photo.I only grew out the freebie so I really cant speak to the whole strain. But WOW!!! Old fashioned OG taste with a Serious haze buzz. finishes up with a golden autumn color. Nice!! I also managed to get some fem seeds from a Fast Buds crystal meth clone I reversed and hit the robo with the pollon. cant wait to see what comes out! Gonna call it DirtyCrop. Robocrop X Crystal meth!! :D

:party:Happy New Year, Brian, hope you will acheive more in then new year~~:party:
Happy New Years to all my marshydro family! hope everyone had a fun and safe time and hope for another year of growing with my Mars LEDs :circle-of-love: :party::party:

:thanks: thanks for the help, Stoney.
It means better coverage. I feel the Mars ll And pro and better for penetration for a 3x3 I would go with the Mars ll 1200 or the pro Cree

:circle-of-love: I am sorry about this, Stoney... you can lower the light to 18". Our recommend hangin height is 12"~18" during flower.:Namaste:
20160102_091018.jpg
Grrrrrrr man the Stems on my #1 White Widow are so thin and stretchy. I can not make out if it's from the light not being strong enough or of its just a pheno of the Crop King seeds white widow? My lights are about 22 inches away from canopy and it is the only one that looks like it can't hold any buds. Is this from the led or just a pheno

:circle-of-love: Thanks for the advice, JadedOne.:circle-of-love:
Bring your light down to 18" esp during flowering. your girls will stretch about a 1/3 more than the height they were when you induced flowering. so check your light daily to adjust for the growth to keep the plants from bleaching. Hope this helps ya.
JD

:circle-of-love:I also hope so.:Namaste:
Yeah. They other 3 have nice stems not like this 1 I will move my light down. This is my first led grow so it's trial and error right now. I hope it just thickens up so it can hold some nice nuggs

:circle-of-love:Hi Stoney, you can hang it at the range 12"~18". You can start from 18" :circle-of-love:
How high do you say I should hang it Sara. Or anyone eles that has grown with the Mars ll 1200?

:thanks: thanks you, Boogy.
could just be a phenotype of the white widow, stoney roads. I wouldn't worry too much, your plants look good. the stretchier the better, sometimes :)

:thanks: thanks for the help, Zombiewoof.:Namaste:
on some seed genetics even fem'd seed has various phenos you might have a different plant somewhat so the pix &/or results are not what on the label not to say it's bad thing either
I ran CK before not WW hybrid but did have slightly different shapes & tastes all were great

:circle-of-love:Haha, Max, she is a beauty!:kiss: we ususally recommend 24"~18" for grow. However, it looks great. :high-five:
I can't claim to be an expert as this is my first grow. Here is my plant just now. This is a 13 day old Painkiller XL under a Mars II 400. She was under the grow only setting at 10" under the light for the first 9 days. I heard the colours don't mix properly that low so I changed the lights to 15" and added the bloom lights too.

She looks like a beauty to me and the nodes are very close. The plant is 2.5" tall and getting her 4th or 5th set of true leaves (the nodes are so close it's hard to count without my glasses on and I don't have prescription sunglasses and never look without eye protection),

IMG_39985.JPG

:circle-of-love: it's possible... Thanks for the heads-up.:thanks:
Do you feed extra Calcium and Magnesium?

I have a WW, from DinaFem though, that also has quite thin (and purple) stems, unlike the other plants in my tent.
It seemed to need a lot more Ca and especially Mg than the others.

:laughtwo:Haha, Max, I agree that practice is more trustworthy than theory in most of the cases.:cheesygrinsmiley:
That's a bit harsh. The Mars Hydro thread is thousands of pages long. I've found people on this forum to be very helpful. If the standard answer was "search the site and take notes" then we may as well Google all our answers. The team spirit and help on here has been second to none.

I know your answer wasn't aimed at me, but I felt compelled to point out you're not really entering into the spirit of the community by telling people to go away and search. If everyone did that this site would have no purpose.

Back
Top Bottom