Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Finally got the babies into their own Pots...
(2) Purp Dawg Haze, (2) Primo Purp, (2) Purpy LE P.U.
20160103_182435.jpg

20160103_182501.jpg

The 3 pots in the Middle are the World's Hottest - Carolina Reapers! Yeah Baby!!
20160103_182520.jpg

20160103_182536.jpg

:thumb:wow, well said, randy, you are always enlightening people. The fittest survives. It really makes sense.:cheer:
Some strains are like that but you can increase the strength of your plants with air movement and as flowering progresses the stems will also get stronger, as for stretch that also will vary with strain some only stretch 50% or less in flower others will go 300% check for grow reports on the strain you are growing.
Also when your plants are bunched up and fighting for light one will always bust out and try and take over an area your plants look healthy just keep it simple and don't try and over think the situation

:tokin:thanks, sanbt, the explanation is vivid.:laughtwo:
Yeah man; like all living things, plants will fight for the things they want and some will just dominate an area.. Light and now pollen is what these ladies are chasing in a crowd.. Some just want it more!
Those plants look great. Maybe a bit of LST or super-cropping just on those stretchy limbs to keep the canopy even..
But yeah, don't stress too much. They look very happy.

:party:I am expecting the grow journal.:party:
So guys I know its not mars hydro related. So hate shield is up. But I ordered from Herbie's. Got a few northern lights autos. Came fast even over the holidays. The free seeds are great strains ATM too btw. Anyways. I soaked them for about 2-4 hours in a shot glass then loaded them into a damp paper towel. Put inside a ziplock and inside a light proof slim box I made. Set it on top of the cable box, don't have a heat pad yet. And all 4 poped and have a little taproot and its been less than 24 hours. I have never had beans point this fast before just wow. Have them in my starter medium should have plants in a few days. Under a marsII 400 and a older 60x5. Going this is going to be fun. Grow journal will start in a few days.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420

:goodjob: thanks for sharing, randy. The set-up looks cool.:high-five:
DSC_2769.jpg

I use #8 all thread with clevis eyes and nuts then if you need to you can hang the light at a angle, others use chain, or rope between the posts on the lights

:welcome: welcome, vptech. Cree128 and Epistar160 differs in LEDs brand, spectrum and design.:cheesygrinsmiley: Cree is USA-made and expensive. Epistar is comparebly cheaper. Before we don't have Cree leds, so we thought it might be much better. However, to be honest, according the feedbacks from customs and as we find it out, Cree excels in white color. For red and blue, the difference is not that big. If you take the price into consideration, the most cost-effective is Epistar.:cheesygrinsmiley: The spectrum of Cree128 is 440nm, 630nm,660nm, 2700k-3000k, while the spectrum of Epistar160 is more, 440nm, 460nm, 630nm ,660nm, 2700k-3000k.:high-five: Cree128 is curve design while Epsitar160 is flat. Because of that, some customers give us feedbacks that Cree128 may not be able to cover 2'x4' area.:circle-of-love: Therefore, vptech, I recommend you to choose Epistar160.:Namaste:
I'm planning on getting back into my old hobby of growing. Many years ago I managed a 700 plant indoor but now I'm facing a learning curve to just do an ultimate 2' by 4'. I'm new to LEDs. I'm thinking the Pro series to get the 600 comparable watts I want. Is there much difference between the cree 128 and the epistar 160 besides price? also I'm a bit concerned that there is no red spectrum

Hi SmokeSara and happy new year to you all at mars hydro. I havent heard anything for days now from coco after paying the shipping fee for my lights, is everything alright ?

:circle-of-love:Hi aphrodisia, could you send me an email in regards to this? I will check it for you.:Namaste:
Hi SmokeSara and happy new year to you all at mars hydro. I havent heard anything for days now from coco after paying the shipping fee for my lights, is everything alright ?

So to beat a dead horse that I'm sure has been beaten before many a times. Anyone have a good solution for the long ass hanging wires? That coupled with my ratchet hangers I've lost 16 inches of height. Not an issue ATM but could be later any solutions with pics for ideas?

I raise my plants to the light to keep the canopy level. I found this to be the best way to hang my 1200 as high as possible in the tent.

I use the wire hangers that come with the fixture, but instead of attaching the wire ends to the main carabiner I pass them through and connect the ends to the fastener on the opposite side. This shortens the wire while doubling it for strength.

By pressing down on any corner you can adjust the angle at which the light hangs or keep it level. Once set the weight of the light holds it in place,

Thanks Sara, Coco and Mars Hydro for my competition light which arrived today after 5 days!
Perfect timing; when my wife brought it to me I was building a grow box!!

:thumb:

And, as if just to prove how good Mars Hydro is, my centrifuge vials (seed storage) that I ordered 4 weeks ago DIDN'T ARRIVE AGAIN!!!
Thanks again, Mars.

Thanks Sara for the reply. I think I am going to add 400 watt hps to the grow to see if I can get some super Fat and super tasty nugs. I will probably only run the hps at 300 watts though. Thanks for all the help.

Options 2 and 4 are your best options. You can either combine your 96 x 3w with a Mars II 700w which will give you very good results or you can combine it with a 250w HPS to give you a fully balanced spectrum as Leds and HPS lighting complement each other.

hey aphrodesia. thnks for ur reply.
what do you think would be a better option for quality?
the 250w hps is much easier for me to buy. but im also worried about heat problems in the summer.

does anyone here know if the marsII 700 runs hotter than a 250w hps?

the 250w hps is much easier for me to buy. but im also worried about heat problems in the summer.

I don't have a 700. I have 2 400's and a 900. My 400 in and unvented tent will run 5-8 degrees above the exterior room temp in a 2x2 tent. My 900 will run about 15 degrees hotter in a 3x3 tent. Both my tents are vented and are at 81-84 degrees during lights on and about 72 during lights off. I hope this helps. :peace:

I don't have a 700. I have 2 400's and a 900. My 400 in and unvented tent will run 5-8 degrees above the exterior room temp in a 2x2 tent. My 900 will run about 15 degrees hotter in a 3x3 tent. Both my tents are vented and are at 81-84 degrees during lights on and about 72 during lights off. I hope this helps. :peace:

thnks for the reply!
thats a big help. the 5-8 degrees increase is about whta i get with my 96x3 reflector.
so im asuming the marsII 700 would be probly around 11 deg increase

any clue how much increase a 250w hps gives?

my room is vented with a 170CFM fan

i see that i wont need a mars 700.
pairing a marsII 400 together wtih my 96x3 reflector seems great for my room size.

just debating between the marsii 400, 96x5, or perhaps a 250whps for which one to pair with my reflector for my 2x3' room.

any ideas?

something ive just been wondering,
is there a flaw with the designing of the reflectors? how they spread out the lights so much,
like for example, in the marsII designs, theres the same amount of power and lights, but in a much smaller box, so the lights are more compact and together, and intense.
wouldnt that make them grow better, than the corresponding light of the reflector series?

for example, a marsII 400, and a reflector 96x5 have almost identical specs, but just in different boxes.

would it be best to paire my relfector 96x3 with a 96x5, that way the whole room will have the same concentration of light equally being given out. or with a marsII 400, that way i will get the benifits of having a more compact led light (with the lights closer together) also in the grow?

I don't have a 700. I have 2 400's and a 900. My 400 in and unvented tent will run 5-8 degrees above the exterior room temp in a 2x2 tent. My 900 will run about 15 degrees hotter in a 3x3 tent. Both my tents are vented and are at 81-84 degrees during lights on and about 72 during lights off. I hope this helps. .eace:
Definitely cooler than the hps.

thnks for the reply!
thats a big help. the 5-8 degrees increase is about whta i get with my 96x3 reflector.
so im asuming the marsII 700 would be probly around 11 deg increase

any clue how much increase a 250w hps gives?

my room is vented with a 170CFM fan

i see that i wont need a mars 700.
pairing a marsII 400 together wtih my 96x3 reflector seems great for my room size.

just debating between the marsii 400, 96x5, or perhaps a 250whps for which one to pair with my reflector for my 2x3' room.

any ideas?

something ive just been wondering,
is there a flaw with the designing of the reflectors? how they spread out the lights so much,
like for example, in the marsII designs, theres the same amount of power and lights, but in a much smaller box, so the lights are more compact and together, and intense.
wouldnt that make them grow better, than the corresponding light of the reflector series?

for example, a marsII 400, and a reflector 96x5 have almost identical specs, but just in different boxes.

would it be best to paire my relfector 96x3 with a 96x5, that way the whole room will have the same concentration of light equally being given out. or with a marsII 400, that way i will get the benifits of having a more compact led light (with the lights closer together) also in the grow?

That's a tuff call. The HPS Is everything the led is not and the led is everything the hps is not so together they are a almost perfect real full spectrum. I personally would do the 250 hps if I was in you shoes. I was thinking of getting 2 150 watt hps to put on the sides of my Mars ll 1200 instead of running my 400 watt hps next to it. Either way you will have a good light set up for personal grows. The hps would help fatten up the nugs from my understanding and the led the nugs taste better so it's more of what your needs are and what you are looking for in end results. Hope this helped.

If you can keep the temps under control go for the 250w hps and Led combination, that will give you very good results for quality and quantity.
When I was running my 700w mars it kept my tent temps at a steady 29/30º C without ventilation and with the fan running down to 25/26º C.
I think it probably puts out about the same heat as a 250w hps.

Back
Top Bottom