Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

it's my pleasure, Stoney. From the bottom of my heart, I hope you will achieve good yield. Happy Growing!:cco:
Thanks Sara for the reply. I think I am going to add 400 watt hps to the grow to see if I can get some super Fat and super tasty nugs. I will probably only run the hps at 300 watts though. Thanks for all the help.

:circle-of-love:Hi Happyjoy, the draw watt of MarsII700 is about 300w. The heat production of MarsII700 will be similar to 250w HPS.:cheesygrinsmiley: However, you can save much heat from the ballast and other ventilation system.:Namaste:
hey aphrodesia. thnks for ur reply.
what do you think would be a better option for quality?
the 250w hps is much easier for me to buy. but im also worried about heat problems in the summer.

does anyone here know if the marsII 700 runs hotter than a 250w hps?

:circle-of-love: Hi Happyjoy, it's not easy to tell which one is better as Reflector and MarsII are different designs. MarsII has stronger light intensity per square feet while Reflector output more light. Apart from that difference, Reflector96 is fit for rectangular grow space while MarsII400 is for sqaure grow space.:cheesygrinsmiley: Happyjoy, since you have Reflector96, you can add MarsII400 to supplement each other.:high-five:
thnks for the reply!
thats a big help. the 5-8 degrees increase is about whta i get with my 96x3 reflector.
so im asuming the marsII 700 would be probly around 11 deg increase

any clue how much increase a 250w hps gives?

my room is vented with a 170CFM fan

i see that i wont need a mars 700.
pairing a marsII 400 together wtih my 96x3 reflector seems great for my room size.

just debating between the marsii 400, 96x5, or perhaps a 250whps for which one to pair with my reflector for my 2x3' room.

any ideas?

something ive just been wondering,
is there a flaw with the designing of the reflectors? how they spread out the lights so much,
like for example, in the marsII designs, theres the same amount of power and lights, but in a much smaller box, so the lights are more compact and together, and intense.
wouldnt that make them grow better, than the corresponding light of the reflector series?

for example, a marsII 400, and a reflector 96x5 have almost identical specs, but just in different boxes.

would it be best to paire my relfector 96x3 with a 96x5, that way the whole room will have the same concentration of light equally being given out. or with a marsII 400, that way i will get the benifits of having a more compact led light (with the lights closer together) also in the grow?

:circle-of-love:thanks for the help, Stoney~~:circle-of-love:
That's a tuff call. The HPS Is everything the led is not and the led is everything the hps is not so together they are a almost perfect real full spectrum. I personally would do the 250 hps if I was in you shoes. I was thinking of getting 2 150 watt hps to put on the sides of my Mars ll 1200 instead of running my 400 watt hps next to it. Either way you will have a good light set up for personal grows. The hps would help fatten up the nugs from my understanding and the led the nugs taste better so it's more of what your needs are and what you are looking for in end results. Hope this helped.

:thanks:you have done a great job, aphrodisia.:thumb:
If you can keep the temps under control go for the 250w hps and Led combination, that will give you very good results for quality and quantity.
When I was running my 700w mars it kept my tent temps at a steady 29/30º C without ventilation and with the fan running down to 25/26º C.
I think it probably puts out about the same heat as a 250w hps.

:cheer:Congrats, Tris!:cheer::drool::drool:
Hey 420 Friends ! Thought id share my first Grow Result with 2x MarsHydro 96x5 Reflector ! Some Nice Critical Kush :) Yielded 400g wet ! Very Happy With it !! Really dense Buds and Awesomee Smell !!

20151228_092804.jpg

20160104_110032.jpg
20160102_203905.jpg
20160102_203849.jpg

:circle-of-love:Happyjoy, actually, Reflector96 will be able to cover 2'x3'. Added with another panel, the light will be mixed rather than replaced.:cheesygrinsmiley: If you take the balanced light into consideration, another Reflector96 will be a good choice.:hug:
thnks stoney roads (and aphrodisia and others for input)
if my main concern is quality, and not quanitity, is it still reccomended to go for a 250w hps combo with LED? or is that only if i want the "quantity" aspect of the hps?
the main thing pulling me to stay all LED's, and not mix in an hps, is that in my imagination of the grow space, it seems more balanced having two led lights of same size and shape and strength, side by side, than having an hps and led hanging together, it seems to me as if half the room will be getitng hps, and the other half led.

my room is 2x3. so when theres one light, its hanging like this:

---------------

00000000(LIGHT)

----------------

when i add antoher light, the idea is like this:

----------------
000 L 000
000 I 000
000 G 000
000 H 000
-----------------

for some reason, with the hps, i just feel like theyre giving more of a punch of light, even though i dont have full expereince with both.
one of the main differences im noticing (currently using a 400w hps borrowed), is that with the hps, the buds are exploding with pistils.
whereas with the leds, there was less pistils going on.

other than bud "size", does the hps have other benifits over LED?

:tokin:great to know that, Stoney~~:cco:
I am happy to report that my WW is already getting its little buds on the tops. I think the led is making it flower faster than a hps would. Because my last 2 grows were under hps and it took near 3 weeks for them to get where my WW was 4 days ago. I am very happy so far. Thanks Sara and mars for great affordable led grow lights.

:cheesygrinsmiley: haha, randy, I don't think it will damage the LED's. Sometimes, growers can use HPS to increase the temp.:high-five:
You commented before you were using a 96 x 3 if so perhaps the fact that the 400 watt HPS is three times more light might be the difference. For your area you should have at least twice the light you are now using or limit it to a plant or a couple autos as for mixing HPS and LED lights I have seen several manufactures that tell their customers not to as it will damage the LED'S. The only reason I could see would be the heat perhaps Sara can comment on this.

:circle-of-love:Hi Krypt, you can consider about adding another Reflector96 or MarsII400.:high-five:
I have a 4ft wide x 2ft deep x 5ft height.... I have a 96x5 and I'm wondering what's best addition to add to it? Room runs about 80 degrees but I can get a bigger exhaust to help cool it maybe.... I'm just looking to pack some weight on my buds... I will only be growing autos will be trying dwc later, for now I'm using and coco. Thanks for advice all! Happy new year! I have 2 plants going would love to have any advice given and my journal link is in my sig!

:thumb: yes, that is a good idea.
I would consider adding a all red flowering ufo to the LEDs you have to get that hps quantity. What I've seen a few companies recommend. Although I think the mars 2 has alot of red spectrum just from looking at it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420

:circle-of-love: thanks for the advice, randy.:love::love::love:
I mentioned seeing that other manufactures warn not to mix HPS and LED and another 96 x 5 will give you all the light you need and the heat is manageable use the draw watts divided by the sqft in your area 30 - 50 is where you want to be big issue you have is a short tent , tie them, break them, and cut them just keep them short

:circle-of-love:hello, my dearest friends, I have a favor to ask.:bigblush: as we are here in China, we truly hope to offer local-up for you guys.:dreamy: However, also as we are in China, it's not easy to find and convince the store owners.:straightface: I wonder whether you guys could recommend the local stores to us, so in the future, you can pick it up and repair at the store. It's very convenient and save some trouble.:cheesygrinsmiley: Any help will be much appreciated.:hug: You can pm me.:cheesygrinsmiley:

SmokeSara, you havent replied to my e-mail about what has happened to the christmas light I won. WHAT IS GOING ON?

If you can keep the temps under control go for the 250w hps and Led combination, that will give you very good results for quality and quantity.
When I was running my 700w mars it kept my tent temps at a steady 29/30º C without ventilation and with the fan running down to 25/26º C.
I think it probably puts out about the same heat as a 250w hps.

if i would add a 250w hps,
i could definately keep the temps under control now in the winter,
however, in the summer, i would probly need to upgrade my exhaust system, which is another expense.
if i add just a 150W hps, then my room should be able to handle it in the summer.
however,
which option seems best now,
1)150w hps, + plus my current 96x3
2)96x5 + plus my 96x3
3)marsII 400w + my 96x3

all of those combinatinos should run great in the summer without needing to upgrdee exhaust....

if i would add a 250w hps,
i could definately keep the temps under control now in the winter,
however, in the summer, i would probly need to upgrade my exhaust system, which is another expense.
if i add just a 150W hps, then my room should be able to handle it in the summer.
however,
which option seems best now,
1)150w hps, + plus my current 96x3
2)96x5 + plus my 96x3
3)marsII 400w + my 96x3

all of those combinatinos should run great in the summer without needing to upgrdee exhaust....

If that was me I would go either for the 96 x 5w combined with a 150w hps, or a mars II 400w combined with a 150w hps, or if you can control the temps a 250w hps would be even better. You can never have too much light as long as you can keep temps under control.

I'm debating on getting 2 250 hps to add to my set up or 2 more 60x5 300 watt mars leds. First world problems are so horrible lol
I'd try to find some all red led flowering lights to supplement.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420

Back
Top Bottom