Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Yes they are Crawdaddy... I think the box said 16 lbs..... Got here so late I just went and took a shower and decided to hang it in the morning. I'm tired.... I pinged off walls all day waiting on UPS (the house is really clean) so think I will wait till morning to do the rest. Girls will be lights out shortly anyhow.... Yea that's it the girls have to go lights out.....:thumb:

Dang....that means my tent will be supporting 80lbs of just lights!! Not factoring in the fan & scrubber....all metal poles and metal connectors so should hold up fine I guess.

Dang....that means my tent will be supporting 80lbs of just lights!! Not factoring in the fan & scrubber....all metal poles and metal connectors so should hold up fine I guess.
If youre worried you can go to hd or lowest and get 3/4" wiring conduit and some strong zip ties...youll need a hacksaw or sawzall. That conduit is like $2 for 8'. Hope that helps :)

My Mars II 400w and 96x3w Reflector series will be arrive tomorrow, cant wait :) I've had the 300w old model for few weeks now and it has one plant under it, it is doing amazing, going fast and no stretch at all, the light stays super cool and I am thrilled with it. The 300w only cost me $139 and though its going to be moved to a 2x2 when new lights are here, it's actually covering a 3x3 very well.

I hope no one minds me cross posting,but I'm not getting anywhere with my post in lighting:

I have been looking for good info on led's,and just happened to stumble upon a post on another board by a member here talking bout Topled,so I thought I would investigate a little further.I have been looking at the offerings by Topled and have a couple of questions regarding the different models offered.

I have a limited space 3.5' x 4',and am having a bit of a time finding a panel that will give me coverage.I am/was looking at the LG-G04B96LED and the LG-G03A100LED.The LG-G03A100LED is appealing simply from a price perspective,as I am on a fixed income.This model is said to give coverage for a 3'x2.5' space.The LG-G04B96LED will give coverage for a 4.4'x2.2' and is not that much more expensive.I mainly grow trees,but my new space is limited to 5' head-space,so it looks like I will be either scrogging,or flowering with less veg time.(and maybe even some shorter autos...leds would be awesome for auto's I'm guessing).

Has anyone here had experience with the the LG-G03A100LED?The reason I ask is that it does not state that it has veg and bloom switches,whereas the other model does.I am also assuming that,you couldn't "stretch" the coverage of either model to 3.5' x 4'?? So that would necessitate a second light?

I have more questions probably,but no sense wearing out my welcome in the very first post.<grin>.

Thanks for any help and/or insight.

FF

Fred....

First welcome to the forum and best of luck on your grow. I will attempt to give you the best advice I can offer. First of all I'm not sure on the distance you can hang the 3w led models from topled from the canopy of your plants. As for which model will have the best coverage for your area of 3.5x4 I would recommend 2 of the Mars2 400w models. They will together adequately light a 4x4 area.

As far as the 3w leds...There is the old style and the reflector series. The reflector series has the switch the old style and new mars2 both do not.

For any coverage area you see listed from a manufacturer it's best to subtract 1x1 from their claims so you adequately cover your area.

The 300w model GO3A100LED boast a 3'x2.5' area . You could use two of these and get what you need more like 4x3 with two of these.

Hope this helps you out. You can also email SmokeSara directly as she knows most about her companies lights.

I had to reinforce my tent when I got a larger reflector and blower, and tried PVC first, but that was too flimsy and wobbly, so I ended up building a frame inside the tent with 2x4s. Now it's strong enough to hold just about anything.

Franticfred, I have used the 300w old model and would def recommend it if u don't wanna spend the extra on the reflector series, the 300w is covering a 3x3 secret jardin dr90 right now n doing pretty awesome, got new lights arriving today and gonna put the 300w in a 2x2 n know it will be more than perfect for it.

Thanks for the info Alex.

I was/am really undecided between the 300w and the reflector style.The reflector style has the switch for veg and bloom,and I can customize it if I want.(so long as it isn't too expensive). Knowing that the 300w will cover 3x3 is a mark in it's favor most assuredly...hard to decide.

Thanks again for the information.It really does help to know as much as possible

Thanks for the info Alex.

I was/am really undecided between the 300w and the reflector style.The reflector style has the switch for veg and bloom,and I can customize it if I want.(so long as it isn't too expensive). Knowing that the 300w will cover 3x3 is a mark in it's favor most assuredly...hard to decide.

Thanks again for the information.It really does help to know as much as possible

I'm just going to throw this out there, but if money is an issue i would think about maybe leaving the LED scene for another year or so. Quality is improving and prices are falling on an almost month to month basis with this technology, but the LED lights are still pretty expensive for what they are, even when you take the energy savings into account.

Sara has mentioned on here that TopLED are designing a new LED light at the moment which is likely to be ready in around 6 months, and you can bet that when that does come to market there will be a lot of the Mars II lights going cheap second hand on eBay, so that might be worth waiting for.

Just my 2 cents :)

Wiring conduit is galvanized metal pipe used to protect electrical wiring or watever is running through it. You see it in wharehouses and other places where the wiring is on the outside of the wall instead of inside the wall. You can get 90 degree elbows and other fittings, so all you have to do is cut the pieces to size and build a frame inside of your grow tent.

I think I may build a frame from 2x4s.....much cheaper @2.58 a 2x4!

Frantic I have 3 3w reflectors and a Mars II 400 running and if you would like to see what the 3w can do you are more than welcome to check out my thread. I just got the Mars up today so I really can't speak to them to much but I love my 3w's.....:circle-of-love:

Wowser...you're a busy girl aren't you?That is one heck of a thread you have going...and you are a new grower?Amazing.

To be honest,I am really trying hard to decide between the 100x3 100x3w led grow light

and the 96x3 reflector led grow light 96x3w
either way I go will take 2 panels I am sure.Switches for veg and bloom are a nice feature...as well as the reflectors.I am guessing they are chrome plated plastic?? (that part is a question) :)

Doozy makes a valid point as well.Led's are still in their infancy.No doubt the tech will continue to evolve and these panels will be really outdated soon,but still,they do serve a purpose.Just something else to consider.

Anyway...kudos on the thread!!:goodjob:

These lights work very well :thumb: . I have been using 144x3w and what ever size u pick will work! L.E.D's really work better than anything else!
There's a few folks hear that I know have made HUGE YIELDS with L.E.D.
Best of luck , make sure u post a journal when u get the lights set up :thumb:
Cheers
J
DSCF000643.JPG
DSCF000551.JPG

Back
Top Bottom