Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:cheer:You should really go with the Mars Pro II series,you will not regret.It with upgraded chips and driver,and it will run cooler in summer,compare to our other lights.:cheer:
How do you like the pro series? I am thinking about getting one but I then think I should just get a series 2 instead what are your thoughts?

You are a happy customer with the Reflector series.haha:goodjob::volcano-smiley::lot-o-toke:
I can only vouch for the reflector series sorry mate! I haven't used any other marshydro products. the reflector series is great tho so I imagine the pro series will be elite for growing :)

:goodjob:You are right ,the Mars Pro series are with remote,it's complicated to use.
But the Mars Pro II series are switchable....actually sometimes,our customers didn't noticethe name is similar with these two model,but there is a bid difference.:Namaste:
Mars Pro II series is the one we would recommend to our customers.
Mars-Pro-II-VS-Pro.jpg

Stay away from the Pro Series. That is the series with the remote controls that cause many issues. The Pro II series, on the other hand, are definitely worth having.
:thumb:
PS. The Mars II series are a good bang for the buck too.

:high-five:
I think the whole 50W per sqft is from a time most people were using HPS at its average level of efficiency. For HQ COB 40-50 would be good while using Mars/Epistar it would need 55-65 to get the same amount of parwatts, the watts that actually light burn plants. Playing with the distance he should never be facing true light burn, maybe heat stress if not cooles right, but no light bleach.

For a 4'x4' tent Mars Pro II Epistar 320 or Mars Pro II Cree 256 will be enough.:high-five: draw watt around 720W:high-five:
So I would need 880 watts led for a 4x4 tent?

If the true watt is 300W,then 2pcs will be enough.:high-five:If you mean the Mars 300,the draw watt only around 135w each light.You can add some side lights,Grow Bar maybe:high-five:
Not good with math lol so my two 300watt leds will cover the 4x4?

The Mars II 700 draw watt around 307W,if you put 2pcs Mars II 700 in a 3'x3' grow tent,it will be too much stress for your plants,and the temperature will be high.:Namaste:
You can put one Mars II 700 with some Grow Bar,we have stock for Grow Bar at USA warehouse now.:high-five:
Definitely. I myself was wondering if two Mars 2 700 (actual 320w) would be overkill in a 3x3 tent. You should have good results.

:circle-of-love:yeah,2 Refelector144 will work fine for a 3'x3' area,and be easier to install ,multiple lights will be nice.:high-five:
Would be better with 2xreflector 144 for coverage.

4pcs Mars Pro II Epistar80 will works good,and you can seperate them to cover the growing area nicely.
1000_.jpg

80_Epistar_1.jpg

4x4/16sqft would be good with 9 COBs. Dimmable from 0 to 80W each you would probably be good using 450 to 500W and get same results then 600W HPS.

:circle-of-love:I understand that sometimes if the cable is too long,also is not convenient to use.:high-five::thanks:
Hi SkinnySara,
5 or 6 might work for some people, but I like to keep cables as short as reasonably possible. If the cable reaches my power bar without stretching then I am happy. 3 meter cable is the sweet spot for me anyways.
:thumb:

Yes,these days US visa is tough to get,when i apply Canada visa,i will let you know.:high-five:
My friend told me that if i got USA/Canada visa first,then go to get Canada/USA visa will be easier to pass.:Namaste:
I know it's pretty tough getting US visa these days, but I always thought we in Canada loved having people visit us!
If you apply for Canadian visa, please let us know how difficult it is.

:morenutes::hookah:Ok,i will try to bring my strawberry,so we can eat strawberry from Sara,and smoking cannabis from SnarlyWeed,what a wonderful plan,LOL.:tokin:
That would be great! I would love to share some puffs with you, but I hope you bring your strawberries. Cannabis can give you the munchies, you know :yummy:

:goodjob:So Mars Pro II Epistar160 is NO1,Reflector will be NO2:bravo:
The Mars II 700 and the Reflector 144 both put out about the same true wattage. I personally prefer the reflector, but if you already had a 700, getting another would be a good choice. Not sure about the pricepoints either, but if you can save money with the 700s then that might help with the decision.
:allgood:

You can check out the Grow Bar to add as side light in your growing room:high-five:
You wouldn't cover 100% or the space with 2 Mars 2 700's due to the footprint. But you gonna fit ventilators at then yeah :)

:thanks:Thanks for your help and thanks for your understanding.:high-five:
Hi Seymore. This is a Mars Hydro sponsored thread. I'm sure we all appreciate the comparisons you provide, but they would be much more appropriate in a separate thread.
:hmmmm:
Thanks for understanding.

Back
Top Bottom