Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Thanks Sara, I didn't get an email but my UPS Tracking sent me a notification saying I had a package arriving from California tomorrow so I'm 99% sure thats it. I can't wait to get my 48x3 reflector unit up to finish flowering my current grow, and then start my next Anesthesia Auto grow.

Hope your vacation was fun!

Hey Cola, I think you told me before, but can you give me the diode wavelength and ratio of different diode types for the COB lights. I ask cause on website, for the MARS lights, says 7 : 1 : 1 red:blue:eek:range, and from my memory the COB has no orange. I was wondering why?

Hi Crawdaddy,7:blushsmile:1 is very old color combination,we didn't update the informations on website these days.now our Mars II,reflector and other old items use 430~440nm,450~475nm 620~630nm, 610nm,650~670nm, 720~730nm(IR),White.But as for COB,we only use Blue and Red

I am working with our website desinger, it will be updated in about 10days.
so win are you going to update the website any time soon

Hello Vanlsl420, I will answer all your questions in email. send to you within two hours.
OK, so heres the question-
Out of lights you all have tried, which is the best?
How do you find the quality?

Cola or Sara - Im looking at large scale. Multiple 4x8 tables. Whats your suggestion and cost, and how many can I daisy chain together at a time, as well, can I attach a remote controller to them.

Hi output,. I am back, and read your case, sorry about Cola's reply. when I leave, another manager solve this problem,. she does not know how I want to solve this problem. so she tells Cola you can not ship back. actually if you really do not want to the light, you can ship to my friend's home, then I sell to other customers who needs it. it is ok for me, I believe there will be another people who needs it. Usually customer can only ship back to China if they do not want the light becuase our warehouse will not accept any lights ship back. and other sales do not have friends in USA.so they can not solve problem better. I can.:) but now, you change to another light, I think problem has been solved, thank u .

All my friends, if you are talking with me, and you have problems, you can only ask me to solve for u , other sales do not know how to solve correctly becuase they do not know our relationship. :) I will try my best to give you the best solutions. thank you all .

Hi output,. I am back, and read your case, sorry about Cola's reply. when I leave, another manager solve this problem,. she does not know how I want to solve this problem. so she tells Cola you can not ship back. actually if you really do not want to the light, you can ship to my friend's home, then I sell to other customers who needs it. it is ok for me, I believe there will be another people who needs it. Usually customer can only ship back to China if they do not want the light becuase our warehouse will not accept any lights ship back. and other sales do not have friends in USA.so they can not solve problem better. I can.:) but now, you change to another light, I think problem has been solved, thank u .

All my friends, if you are talking with me, and you have problems, you can only ask me to solve for u , other sales do not know how to solve correctly becuase they do not know our relationship. :) I will try my best to give you the best solutions. thank you all
Well... We are about to see just how good this company really is.

About 10 days ago I purchased 3 lights from TopLED and Sara. The four-part cob light and two Mars ll 1200's.

Today I decided to upgrade my light from the four-part cob light to either the Mars ll 700 or the Mars ll 900.

My situation is a little weird in that these lights were delivered yesterday to my freight forwarder, who will be forwarding them on to me. The lights have been delivered and are unopened and untouched.

So just now, I contacted the company and told them that I want to upgrade the one smaller light to a bigger light. The reason is, I'm changing my strategy and going to grow fewer large plants instead of a whole bunch of little ones in a scrog as I was going to do. So therefore I want the penetrating power of the bigger Mars ll 5 W LEDs.

I have offered to pay the shipping back to their US distribution center, to pay the difference in price for the bigger light that I want and to pay for them to ship the bigger light back to me. That's a good deal all around.

They are leaving right now apparently for their national Day holiday. And will be back on the 6th of this month. They said they would respond to me then.

Sara has been absolutely spectacular with me. So I am imagining this will not be a problem.

However, I spoke with Cola just now and she spoke with her manager and their first response was that it could not be done. I suggested that they rethink that position as I am asking for something that would benefit us both. And that this would give them the opportunity to demonstrate their super customer service to the world.

To Cola's credit, after sitting with this for a few minutes, she responded... "don't worry about that, we will do everything to make your satisfaction". And based how they have treated me from the beginning, I believe her.

It probably was not smart of me to deal with anyone other then Sara, she's the one that has helped me from the beginning. So I will await her return.

But I will share their responses here.

I anticipate no problems whatsoever. The company has been fantastic and Sarah has been an absolute dream to work with. And what company would not want to sell their customers a higher-priced, bigger light? It's kind of like walking out the door of the store with a small, inexpensive camera in your hand and then turning right back around and walking inside and telling them you want to buy a much more expensive one. Win/Win.

Anyway, I will keep everyone in the loop here. I think this will be a nice test as well and make everyone feel spectacular in the way they treat their customers. If TopLED handles this well, I think that those of you on the fence in dealing with them will be convinced to jump off and place an order. I know I would be if I were in that position.

ok, I answer this questions better.

why we can not make the 5w with the reflector casing. becuase 5w light produce higher heat, and we need bigger and thicker heatsink to solve heat problem. while the reflector casing is small and thin,we can not install right heatsink in it. so we can not make 5w in 3w casing, or the light will weak very soon for the heat problem. we can customize different spectrum ratio for u . that is not a problem. :high-five:

Any questions? I can make it more clear.
Sara told me just about any panel can be customized, can 5w diodes be put in the reflector style panels?

Hi Jon, actually 5w one has better penetration for it has lense. reflector do not have lense, just higher output. if you hang high, the bottom part do not have high penetrate.
Thank you Cola, thats too bad, I like the reflector style better personally but I want 5w chips, I grow very large plants indoors so penetration is always a concern of mine.

Hi Jon, your friend has talked with me this morning, thank you very much.
Hi Sara, I was wondering if you can put 5w chips in the reflector style lights, the green ones? Also my friend is looking to buy several lights from you, can a custom wholesale package be put together, with veg only lights and flower only lights?His rooms are wierd shapes so he would need different size lights to make it work.

All my friends, if you are talking with me, and you have problems, you can only ask me to solve for u , other sales do not know how to solve correctly becuase they do not know our relationship. :) I will try my best to give you the best solutions. thank you all

Problem solved!

You made my day, Sara. I so much wanted to believe in you guys – and I see now that it is warranted. You not only have the best price and the best units, you have incredible customer service.

Making the decision to purchase a little over $1500 of lights from you was pretty much a big leap of faith. And it stretched my budget to the max. Knowing that you are here for me even after the sale means more than you can imagine.

For a company to be number one today they have to have great lights, a great price and great service. In my opinion, you just put other companies to shame.

You already know my decision, but I said here publicly that I would keep everyone informed as to how this went.

Just knowing you would've helped me is sufficient. In this case, I need more lights and I have a great place I can put this light. So I decided to keep it and order another one from you. I will probably order a custom Mars ll light for vegging. I will figure it out and let you know.

Thanks again for validating my decision to buy my lights from you folks. Your service has been spectacular from our first conversation. I look forward to a long relationship with you and TopLED.

I have a question for the other users that have received a MarsII light. Do you have a kill-a-watt to check the actual power draw of the unit?

I receieved my order for a 100x3 (upgraded from 55x3 since they were out of stock), and an 80x5 marsII. The first thing I did was plug both lights into the killawatt to check their power draw.

100x3 = 172w (matches rating on site)
80x5 = 170w (site says it should be 195-205)

So the 80x5 is pulling less power than the 100x3. This also means the 5w LEDs are being run at only 2w if you assume 5w for each of the 120mm fans((170-10)/80)=2w. I know no LEDs are run at full power, but the 3w LEDs are being run at ~1.62w ((172-10)/100). So the 100x3 lights are running the LEDs at 54%, where my 80x5 is running the LEDs at only 40% power.

I suspect something might be wrong, but was told I should just try it on the plants. I'm new, so I have nothing to compare against.

So are there any other users that can test their marsII light to compare the results?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom