Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

It is New Years over there and they celebrate it usually by going on vacation or something .. There were all kinds of threads about them shutting down for a little bit.. I bought 3 Reflectors a few weeks back because I knew they were taking a break .

It is New Years over there and they celebrate it usually by going on vacation or something .. There were all kinds of threads about them shutting down for a little bit.. I bought 3 Reflectors a few weeks back because I knew they were taking a break .
Drinking large amounts of saki
:Namaste:

Has anyone else had issues with ordering these lights? Ordered the reflector series 450w on feb 12 2015, they sent me an email saying it would be 7 day before they got their shipment in. Since then a few emails asking them and no reply. I heard great things about these lights and now I am considering calling my bank and getting my money back, but wanted to check here first. Any help or assurance from people who have ordered and got their lights would be great.
I think you got the answers down below here but I will retype them.... It is holiday in China and apparently when they have holiday everybody has holiday and nobody works... It is not this company but I have had a package sitting in a Hong Kong FedEx office since the 10th and had to all but pull teeth to get it moving... and it didn't start moving until today.... it is almost impossible to get anything done from China till this ends.... I don't remember the date it is over but it is not much longer.... The lights are kept in stock in the USA normally but due to the union problems at the docks their shipments have been held up for weeks.... Sara's assistant posted that they had finally gotten clearance and that every ones order should go out in the next week... As far as normal customer service with this company... I have never encountered any better and I have 12 or 13 or so of their lights and am currently waiting on another one and a tent that was supposed to be here but because of weather is held up... Other than the 2 weeks that are going on right now for the Chinese holiday your post will be answered daily and so are your emails.... We have Christmas and New Years and this is their New Years and we just have to deal with it.... the added pain the azz of the dock workers is not in their control at all and only added to the delays.... I can honestly say if you give her a chance to make this right.... she will... I know how hard it is to be patient as it is not one of my better virtues but in this case it will be well worth you time.....:circle-of-love:
Hey hum8oldt!!!

I posted about this just a few pages back bro! I quoted an email from Lucy stating the lights had been received inside the US and they will be shipping them this coming week!! Just hang in there a little while longer bro!! We will have them soon!!! Wooo hoo!!!
Exactly....:circle-of-love:
Yes this is what I was referring to.... Everyone goes to their family homes.... I got a message from Sara on Skype earlier in the week and she is at home with her family and I know that anyone that has been around this journal for a bit knows how attentive and quick to respond to any issue Sara and her assistant are.... IMO if you can just hold on you will be so please that you did.... I love my Top Leds/ Mars-Hydro and I'm a real person.....:circle-of-love:

hey everybody i need help i bought the 2'x2'x5' grow tent from mars hydro it got 5 ports on it. 1 medium size left side same for right side the back to small port holes and one large port on top im trying to figure how to install the carbon filter and fan 4" vantech fan and phresh filter 8"x6" which would be better installing inside the tent on top? or on top of the ten? or side? help?this is inside the top
2015-01-09_08_24_36.jpg
and this is the back of it and left side and top ports
CAM00815.jpg

I can tell you from trying different ways of setting up fan/filter, that it's best in a small area to run filter inside and fan on top of the tent. You can run both inside, but will kill your vertical space(not to mention super tight in there). When factoring in pot size, light distance, five feet isn't as much as it sounds like on paper. You can pretty much cancel two feet(my tent -21inches). In conclusion, I run 4 inch exhaust, and six inch intake and average low to mid 70s lights on(68 low lights off, rarely 66f).

Hi guys!!

This is my first post, but I've been studying up behind the scenes for a few months now!! I want to say thanks so so much to all those of you who offer your help and wisdom for all those of us who haven't yet taken the leap!!! Years ago, I successfully did a small cfl setup that produced airy fluff as I was a kid and had nothing more than one book to follow at the time!!!

Anyway, this time around Ive gone through made lists, rechecked, triple checked, and finally started placing orders. The first being to Ossc for stock... This order was placed Jan 11th and never came. Further research suggested that Sensible seed was a much better route and it has been taken. Still awaiting for that one, but feeling hopeful!!!

Now on to why I'm posting on the Mars Hydro forum!? I don't want to bash them as I have read such great things here from members, and from Sara herself!! I just am not having the best of luck with my situation. I placed my order on Feb 10th/11th depending on who's time we are going by. My order was for a 144x3 reflector(3x2x5 tent). When placing the order the item stated it was in stock. After placing the order, I immediately wrote an email to Sara thanking her for all her hard work and letting her know it was because of her work here in this forum that i felt comfortable making the purchase. I haven't heard back from Sara but did receive correspondence from her assistant Lucy stating that the item was out of stock and would be ready to ship in 7days. I order things from China directly for my business and know that it can take months for shipments to make it here and through all the loops. So I wrote to Lucy and asked her if they were sure it would be 7 days or could it be 30. She replied saying that it would be 7days. Next I found Sara's post here warming of their upcoming vacation. Again I wrote to Lucy specifically asking if I'd have to wait until they returned from vacation to recieve the light. I was told not to worry, "they will surly be on vacation through the 26th but the shipping will go on". Well, here it is the 20th.. No shipping info, no replies, weekend coming, and its looking like the 26th will be here before my shipping info... Exactly as I'd suspected. I had no issues waiting, I have issues with people telling you what they think you want to hear... Instead of just telling the truth.

I feel I should have been able to choose whether I wanted to wait or not. For example, updating the inventory via website so I knew prior to purchasing the item that it wasn't available. Or, at the very least telling me the light more than likely will not be available until they return. At least I could decide what I wanted to do... Instead of politely being forced to wait!!?!

Feeling frustrated, knowing I could have had my exhaust system on its way, while I waited for their lights to get back instock... Instead of being locked into a check my email every day for shipping info or response type of deal!!

Hello Moto, our container did arrive the warehouse, but the lights will be on shelve next Tuesday or Wendesday, then we can ship them out for you. We are also trying to push the workers in warehouse. Please dont worry.

Hello everyone :) long time reader and its my first post, i learned huge amounts of information here and i am gratefull.. I am building a 4*4 grow tent and thinking about buying a mars 2 900er, do you think it will be enough, judging by the 35watts/sqft standart i am a bit low at this point and confused.. My second question will be about some complaints from growers about seeing dead leds over time on their products is it about the higher temps with mars 2 s, what can i do when my leds start to die and lastly do i need extra air flow on my mars 2 s compared to reflector series for overall better user experience ? Thanks :)

Hello Moto, our container did arrive the warehouse, but the lights will be on shelve next Tuesday or Wendesday, then we can ship them out for you. We are also trying to push the workers in warehouse. Please dont worry.

Hey SmokeSara!!!

Happy holidays!!! Thanks so much for your reply!!! Lucy was super sweet, and replied to me yesterday morning via email with the news!!! Wooo hooo!!! It actually worked out really well that she took the time to reply, because Ive been able to forward the info to several others here that were wondering what the status was with their lights as well!!! Seems we are all waiting just as anxiously for our shipping info!! Whatever you can do to make it happen asap, I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated by all!!!

hey sara, i know your probably really busy playing catch up, i cant PM you, i ordered a tent & received it feb 13 and it didnt come with the right number of poles it came with 5 (F) poles & 3 (G) poles. One of the poles was miss labeled & ended up with too many (F) poles i need another (G) pole to put up the tent. my order# 3199
if you can please contact me.
thank you

Hello everyone :) long time reader and its my first post, i learned huge amounts of information here and i am gratefull.. I am building a 4*4 grow tent and thinking about buying a mars 2 900er, do you think it will be enough, judging by the 35watts/sqft standart i am a bit low at this point and confused.. My second question will be about some complaints from growers about seeing dead leds over time on their products is it about the higher temps with mars 2 s, what can i do when my leds start to die and lastly do i need extra air flow on my mars 2 s compared to reflector series for overall better user experience ? Thanks :)

I'm also in a 48"*48" (80" high) and with Sara's recommendation went with the 1200 Mars II. The Mars 2 use 5 watt LEDs vs 3 watt in the Reflector series, you should get better penetration through your canopy with the 5 watt LEDs.

I personally wouldn't hesitate using the reflector series in a shorter vegging area.

Re: LEDs out, they back up their product and you can replace them yourself. I'm not sure but I think some complaints of LEDs out were uvb infrared that are pretty much invisible to the naked eye.

hello,

I am new to the forum :)

I plan to buy a spectrum knew your site !!!!

I own a box 80/80/180 cm

What marshdro It would agree to my box ??? I thought may be this product: Mars II LED Grow Light 400W - Mars Hydro

I already possesses three plants growth + 15 days

this product works for you it growth + bloom ??

because I want a product that makes 2!

I am French what is the price of this product + delivery in France?

might get a discount ??? Because I want to re buy from you later !!!

ps: do the new spectrum in 2015 ??

thank you in advance

Hey Sara, do you know when you will have any 1200w Mars II for the UK? Want to buy more!

Back
Top Bottom