Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I was pretty set on going with 4 144x3 in a 4x8x6.5 so I will be keeping a close eye on the "new" 144x5. Any feed back on the heat produced compared to the 3w, also any change in the overall weight?

My Mars II 900 arrived this morning. Ordered it last Friday night and its here, very impressed with the speed of delivery.

I spent most of the morning rearranging my grow room. The 575W CFL hood I had built came out of the upper level and in went the Mars II. Then the CFL hood was installed in the lower section for the younger girls.

The Mars 900 is VERY intense, highly impressed and it has great penetration. I did some light tests with an app I have on my phone. with the phone sitting on the edge of a pot, it read 5993 LUX, at the top of the tallest plant 26710 LUX. UNDER a leaf 168 LUX.
Outside right now in full daylight I get just under 28000LUX unless I aim the sensor right at the sun and then it maxs out at 30000.

Mars II 900
IMG_005574.JPG

the girls under their new light
IMG_005474.JPG

More light, better penetration and drawing 95 watts less than my CFLs were.

Gotta love it

Sara, thank you, I have finally uploaded a pic of the 1600 I recently purchased.. Thank You! for great customer service! and an awesome product.. My ladies love it.

I installed this in my GG 4x4 with the 1ft extension, the light hangs about where the top of a normal tent would be.. the plants in the pic are outta control and almost 6ft tall.. :cheer: with 15 or so days to go..

20150511_095741.jpg

20150511_095822.jpg

Hello a58dguy, in order to keep the temperature lower for the 5watt reflector lights, we add the heat sinks, therefore the 5watt one will be also give out very few heat, but they are a little more heavy and more thick. LOl :circle-of-love:
I was pretty set on going with 4 144x3 in a 4x8x6.5 so I will be keeping a close eye on the "new" 144x5. Any feed back on the heat produced compared to the 3w, also any change in the overall weight?

Thanks for the sharing TheCelt. :circle-of-love: I am glad you like our lights, hope you can grow happy always. :cheer:
My Mars II 900 arrived this morning. Ordered it last Friday night and its here, very impressed with the speed of delivery.

I spent most of the morning rearranging my grow room. The 575W CFL hood I had built came out of the upper level and in went the Mars II. Then the CFL hood was installed in the lower section for the younger girls.

The Mars 900 is VERY intense, highly impressed and it has great penetration. I did some light tests with an app I have on my phone. with the phone sitting on the edge of a pot, it read 5993 LUX, at the top of the tallest plant 26710 LUX. UNDER a leaf 168 LUX.
Outside right now in full daylight I get just under 28000LUX unless I aim the sensor right at the sun and then it maxs out at 30000.

Mars II 900
IMG_005574.JPG

the girls under their new light
IMG_005474.JPG

More light, better penetration and drawing 95 watts less than my CFLs were.

Gotta love it

Thank you K0cept as well. The girls looks happy there, LOl :circle-of-love:
Sara, thank you, I have finally uploaded a pic of the 1600 I recently purchased.. Thank You! for great customer service! and an awesome product.. My ladies love it.

I installed this in my GG 4x4 with the 1ft extension, the light hangs about where the top of a normal tent would be.. the plants in the pic are outta control and almost 6ft tall.. :cheer: with 15 or so days to go..

20150511_095741.jpg

20150511_095822.jpg

Hello all my friends, as I mentioned before that now our grow tents are available for AU customers. :circle-of-love: We have updated the price on our website, welcome every one in AU order from us on our website. :cheer:

Hey all! I've heard of some supplementing the Mars II with HPS. I was wondering if anyone has supplemented with CFL. I have 5 900's in a row, spaced about 3.5 feet and am considering hanging a 250 CFL between each one. Thoughts?

Ok, first off, I just received my refund today so I can FINALLY BUY MY MARS LED'S!!:high-five: Second, not to ask again, BUT im gonna have to as these NEW BADD AZZ 5w Led's are now avail for the 144x3's....My tent is a 2 x 4 x 5. (8sf) I will be growing DWC, 2 plants, SCROGED. I have a 12" oscallating fan will be on the floor, (for air circulation) and a 8" fan blowing air under led panels/above plant canopy...(for heat) a 4" (190cfm inline exhaust fan) <thinking about upgrading to a 6" 300-400cfm tho? via 4"-6" duct reducer, attached to carbon filter. I'm loving that new 144 x 5! But was told to go with two 400w mars 2's..Now i already know my numbers for gpw @ 35, 40, and 50gpw for my sf.... and to me the 2 400's would give me the same or a little more real watts as this new 144 x 5 ...BUT THE 144X5 COST LESS! See my point.....But that's not it for me, even after the cost seems to be better with the 144 x 5, I am trying to acheive a big yield of DENSE BUDZ in my 8sf space.....Keyword here guys is DENSE! So with all that said, my goal is 8zips DRY per plant....would 1 of these be EFFECTIVE for what i'm trying to do or would 2 144 x 5's,(WHICH IS WHAT I AM SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING) be overkill for my tent...??? Even though, as described above I would have plenty of air movement via 3 fans in tent....(4" exhaust<MAY UPGRADE TO 6" IF I GET 2 PANELS, 12" oscallating and 8" blowing between lights and tops...!) (oh SCROG will be set to 20", 4-5" above top of bucket. which leaves me with 40" OF GROWING from the screen! And I know i will need at least 12-18" min of how close i can hang panels from tops.....plants will be big yielding autos! HELP! READY TO ORDER

Back
Top Bottom