Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

So i wanna run either 2 plants or 4 in 3gal pots! What would be a great light for 2 plants? And whats good for 4 this is my first time trying to buy a light! So i would really like to know how these are better then other leds? Is there any type of coupons?!!

Hey Sara,now my 4x4 tent has 2x 300W reflectors and 2x 180W UFO's and have pretty much full light canopy and when starting again it will be cheaper to just add your lights as the erea needs it:)
image25737.jpg

Hi folks,

I am looking to start growing some medical strains for my mum who has a degenerative muscle issue with her neck, causing a lot of pain. I bought some random bush and made it into brownies for her and they worked!! :) so we are hoping to use this instead of the Valium prescription they have her on. I have also consulted with a doctor who is a personal friend to make sure that there is no apparent danger in making this switch.

I am looking at getting the mars 3x3 tent + a light (2?) and I'm hoping you could help me make the choice. I have watched all of CO's finest vids (thank-you so much for making your knowledge available CO!!) and I've got the decision down to these 3. The sun series, the Mars II 700W or 2 x (144x3) Reflectors. I am thinking of starting off with 2-4 small plants in this space to get things going. My turn around for this venture will have to be 3 months per crop due to building inspections, so I won't be growing huge plants.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi folks,

I am looking to start growing some medical strains for my mum who has a degenerative muscle issue with her neck, causing a lot of pain. I bought some random bush and made it into brownies for her and they worked!! :) so we are hoping to use this instead of the Valium prescription they have her on. I have also consulted with a doctor who is a personal friend to make sure that there is no apparent danger in making this switch.

I am looking at getting the mars 3x3 tent + a light (2?) and I'm hoping you could help me make the choice. I have watched all of CO's finest vids (thank-you so much for making your knowledge available CO!!) and I've got the decision down to these 3. The sun series, the Mars II 700W or 2 x (144x3) Reflectors. I am thinking of starting off with 2-4 small plants in this space to get things going. My turn around for this venture will have to be 3 months per crop due to building inspections, so I won't be growing huge plants.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have 2 Mars tents side by side. My flower tent has a Mars 900. My veg tent has 2 mars 400s. They are working great for me. :peace:

The Mars II comes not with a veg/flower switch, and the Reflector does.
Why the Mars II has no switch? And what are the pro/cons? I'm dont know if I have to go for a Reflector or a Mars II.

Onelove.

You can grow a plant from start to finish under full spectrum (ala Mars II) , I veg under the reflector series using just veg ( if an autoflower is in my veg area and starts to flower I kick in the bloom portion) but in my flowering tent (photoperiod) it is a MARS II 1200.

Pros: 5 watt penetration w Mars II (but reflector series are switching over to 5 watt diodes).. Just using bloom you can save some energy cost.

Any opinions on the sun series? I like the idea of the more natural light. Might be a question for COs finest but I have no idea how to contact him directly on here :S

You can grow a plant from start to finish under full spectrum (ala Mars II) , I veg under the reflector series using just veg ( if an autoflower is in my veg area and starts to flower I kick in the bloom portion) but in my flowering tent (photoperiod) it is a MARS II 1200.

Pros: 5 watt penetration w Mars II (but reflector series are switching over to 5 watt diodes).. Just using bloom you can save some energy cost.

Does the full spectrum of the MarsII also adds up to the growing stage? Or are it 'unused' lights?
Do you also know when the 5W Reflector will be available? :cheer:

Does the full spectrum of the MarsII also adds up to the growing stage? Or are it 'unused' lights?
Do you also know when the 5W Reflector will be available? :cheer:

yes the plant will be able to use all the spectrum from the mars 2, but the different spectrum lights will promote different growth. red light often causes stretching between nodes and thicker stems as well as instigating the flowering cycle and promoting bud growth i believe and blue light increased leaf growth and helps the plants stay short. so most ppl will veg under a blue dominant light and flower under a more red light.

Hope this helps :Namaste:

A few pics of the plants under the mars reflector series 144x5. plants are loving the light so far and the temps are maxing at 81 Fahrenheit so not much of an increase since i turned on the bloom switch, and i can say it feels a little bit cooler than the mars 2 lights but you actually get the same amount of wattage for less diodes if you get the mars 2 lights. i love both the reflector series and mars 2 and i hope my grow helps with ppls decision on light.

DSCN030312.JPG
DSCN030413.JPG
DSCN030511.JPG
DSCN030613.JPG
DSCN030710.JPG
DSCN030811.JPG

I am torn between 2 x Mars II 400 and 2 x (96x5) Reflectors atm. I like the idea of the veg and flower switches on the reflectors and how much better I would be able to spread the intensity of the lights. Are these available in Australia yet Sara?? Also, which would be noisier? The tent will have to go in my robe so I don't want any jet engines keeping me awake.

I am torn between 2 x Mars II 400 and 2 x (96x5) Reflectors atm. I like the idea of the veg and flower switches on the reflectors and how much better I would be able to spread the intensity of the lights. Are these available in Australia yet Sara?? Also, which would be noisier? The tent will have to go in my robe so I don't want any jet engines keeping me awake.

I think it will depend on the size and shape of your coverage area. The mars 400 covers 3' x 3'. The 96x3(5) covers 2.2'x4.4'. They will cover different areas. :peace:

right now i would say the mars 2 lights are producing the best buds out of the Marshydro lights but the reflector series with 5 watt chips have good potential but until i finish a few grows with my 5 watt reflector light i cant give you a great answer right now. based off of what the company says i would say they both have the same penatration but the Mars 2 has better watt per diode but is hotter and the 5 watt reflector has less efficiency but better coverage and less heat so take everything into account and make a good decision. i advise to give your plants as much light as your plants can handle without raising your temps above 85 (MAX)

High Traxx, what kind of plants are you growing? Big or small size? :circle-of-love: IMO, if the plants is not so big, you can get the 400w light for two plants and a 700w light for 4 plants. :high-five: Hope this helps.
So i wanna run either 2 plants or 4 in 3gal pots! What would be a great light for 2 plants? And whats good for 4 this is my first time trying to buy a light! So i would really like to know how these are better then other leds? Is there any type of coupons?!!

Back
Top Bottom